Author Topic: US soldier admits killing unarmed Afghans for sport  (Read 12583 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: US soldier admits killing unarmed Afghans for sport
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 07:59:38 am »
Whether you say "all" or "a significant percentage" or "a large portion" is irrelevant. You have no clue how many there are, so you have no base to claim large percentages. Even if you are not saying "all", you are still pushing some massive number that when read makes it look as though you are saying there are more people in the army like those in your posted article than there are not.

I know you aren't an American, and do not live in America, and obviously are going to be hurt when you read news stories such as the one mentioned. However, you need to acknowledge that a good number of the people posting here are Americans who have friends, family and relatives who work for the US army and are soldiers. When you say a "a significant percentage" of army members are "eggheaded assholes" and "college drop outs" and "stupid jocks", you are basically insulting our friends, family and relatives.

Please do not group the actions of Jeremy Morlock and his cohorts with those of the army as a whole. What they did is awful and they will be punished by their superiors.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 10:19:20 am »
I've seen parts of that video before (the shooting at the innocent people), but I have never seen the complete version of it.

I gotta say, it shocked me. What a bunch of douchebags.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 01:11:06 pm »

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 05:24:49 pm »
Shocking... Is there any other nation with sicker people than these. Mocking dead people, how sick...*speechless*

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 05:32:03 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Whether you say "all" or "a significant percentage" or "a large portion" is irrelevant. You have no clue how many there are, so you have no base to claim large percentages. Even if you are not saying "all", you are still pushing some massive number that when read makes it look as though you are saying there are more people in the army like those in your posted article than there are not.

I know you aren't an American, and do not live in America, and obviously are going to be hurt when you read news stories such as the one mentioned. However, you need to acknowledge that a good number of the people posting here are Americans who have friends, family and relatives who work for the US army and are soldiers. When you say a "a significant percentage" of army members are "eggheaded assholes" and "college drop outs" and "stupid jocks", you are basically insulting our friends, family and relatives.

Please do not group the actions of Jeremy Morlock and his cohorts with those of the army as a whole. What they did is awful and they will be punished by their superiors.

Well said Barry.

I thought when the Army was sharing this information publically was enough to show that the functional Officers outweigh the dysfunctional ones. Nonetheless if you Google US army incidents you will find a bucket load and it isn't possible to compare America to another war zone in time cause no one else claimed they were their to restore peace and democracy.

[youtube:38ow9hjf]TaDE2pqPUXQ[/youtube:38ow9hjf]
[youtube:38ow9hjf]88nBDGYeVY4[/youtube:38ow9hjf]

I see, how you all are attached to the army and how my words can
hurt but Afghans are my neighbours and they stayed with us in Peshawar (an entire city dedicated to them).

Today Peshawar is a war zone, a ghost town. The thing is Pakistan has worked with the US Army for the last decade losing countless soldiers along the way. Our goverment has lost the trust of our masses cause we side with America over and over again and what do we get for it?

Accussations that we are involved with Al-Qaeda or that are goverment is harboring Osama Bin Laden. This BloodSport is nothing when US Military fires a drone attack almost on a weekly basis at North Waziristan killing civilians or even Pakistani soldiers along the process.

Then we have Raymond Davis, CIA agent who murdered 3 civilians while he was in custody US Army wasn't doing drone attacks. The second we release him we get another drone attack.

So it is hard for me to go soft on them.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 06:40:27 pm by cube_b3 »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2011, 06:11:18 pm »
Quote from: "CrazyTails"
Shocking... Is there any other nation with sicker people than these. Mocking dead people, how sick...*speechless*
No, every nation has perverse individuals. Every war has idiots.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 04:53:43 am »
Yeah probably. I am however with cube in that the percentage is larger over at the states. I mean things are changing now yeah, there are the well educated with decent intellect among them, but alotta people are really lost in their minds.

Ever since Obama however, even though many don't trust him, I have regained my respect a little bit. I think he's cool

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 05:37:39 am »
It was his decision to increase military presence in Afghanistan.

Furthermore the White House forced General McCrystal into retirement, and this man had several policies that made soldiers comnat more verifiable, with him gone his restrictions were lifted as well.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 05:52:35 am »
I think he's just doing his best improvise on the mess Bush left on his plate. I can imagine Presidentship not being easiest task, requiring for a person to sometimes make choices against others agreement. I think the case with afghanistan is that after Bush's war it has gone pretty bad.... worse than it was. Taliban people that are a bit too fundemental in their religious practises have taken over. Afghanistan used to be a beautiful country, nobody would want it to be controlled by people that only know the hard way.

It's for that reason i'm happy all them old leaders are being pushed out. People have evolved in their opinions. In this time of day we have no need for close minded leaders anymore. All people are made equal and a leader "picked by the people" should feel no different.

Have there been any improvements lately, In afghanistan to begin with?

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 07:28:17 am »
Or the killing of civilians has lead to an increase in the number of Al-Qaeda soldiers.

Regression, severe regression. Bush did good for Afghanistan in the 1st term, but in the 2nd term he was a disaster and Obama has been much worse. Read the whole McCrystel episode.

Read Dr. Tarzi's book "Taliban & The Crisis Of Afghanistan", he gifted me a signed copy :D.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 08:15:39 am »
I know I'm getting into very dangerous territory here, but that not how I see Obama.

If anything, President Obama's handling of the Afghan battle front (as well as others) hasn't been good, he had already stepped on a few toes when he fired Gen. McCrystal and replaced him with Gen. Peatraeus, a general that was loathed (and still is) among the Democrats higher echlons (who can forget the hit piece "General Betray Us" by MoveOn.org?).

Obama's mishandling of the Lybia operation is also apparent that he's having trouble micro-managing these situations. First, Lybia ceased to be a real threat to US security circa 2003, so whatever reason the US has in this war is not substancial, Obama did not make his case to Congress, which would at least be something, the President simply jumped in only because there was an UN vote.

And even that I'm not even sure what's going on, I don't know who is in charge here, is it Robert Gates? Or the State Department? It seems like the President is having his decisions being taken for him.

Update: Never mind, cube beat me to it.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 12:10:03 pm »
No, it's good that more aware people are stepping up.

As I was starting to think I said something wrong.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 01:02:38 pm »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
It is only a Stereotype if I say all of them.

I will rephrase my claim one last time"

When Barry says it, it's well-put.  When I say it you argue.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 01:28:01 pm »
Quote from: "Emmett The Crab"
Bad people can have any kind of job.  To blame their video games is idiotic.

Quote from: "Cube_B3"
Ofcourse it is idiotic...

I agreed with what you said as well, and clarified myself.

I did that with George's post as well.

Your a respected member CrabMan.

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 02:28:44 pm »
A significant percentage of the Army is eggheaded assholes, otherwise this investigation wouldn't have started.
Perfect rephrase, and I agree.
But, I don't agree with all the hate towards the war. It was a response to 9/11 right? We'd probably have 9/11 again if we just sat there doing nothing.