Author Topic: SegaBits Fight Club  (Read 66376 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: SegaBits Fight Club
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2010, 06:58:53 pm »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
KOF98 and UM are a bit more complex than SF in some ways, but it's not that hard to get into once you learn a few characters. I was lucky to find a few Australians/NZ guys who have been playing KOF for ages, so I was able to learn the ropes just by playing online against them (usually against their 'B teams' until I got closer to their levels). It's funny that you think KOF is tougher to get into than Mahvel, because I always found it to be the opposite. Marvel seems to require crazy amounts of practice and knowledge to pull of the high level combos and strats and to know how to counter the God Tier characters. I still think it's a fun game for screwing around with friends, but it seems like you really need to 'practice all day' to get anywhere with competitive play.
Well, I think the main problem with KOF98UM as opposed to MvC2 is that KOF isn't as mainstream, so therefore there's not going to be as even a number of people who play casually as to people who play hardcore... so the few days I actually did go online with KOF98UM, the only people I ever met were players who have been practicing the old game on MAME for years and years. My choices were either to immediately sit around for weeks trying to master the game, or go play a different game that I don't have to devote as much of my time to.

Thanks for tipping us off about the MVC3 rumour, I hadn't heard anything about that yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the pipeline, I think MVC2 sold over a million through XBLA/PSN, so it's obviously still a hit, probably even moreso with success of Spiderman, Iron Man, Hulk etc.

It would be interesting to see who they add now that Marvel has had all these movies in recent years and the fact that they won't be re-using sprites again. I got my fingers crossed that Blade and Punisher make an appearance!

I wonder what the control scheme would be like though, if they would have a TVC Light, medium and Heavy, or go with the Light and heavy punches and kicks with assist buttons?
I hope it's nothing like that TvC shit. I'm not saying that TvC is a terrible game, but it doesn't hold a candle to the fun of Marvel.

MvC3 better bring the faster pace, the crisp tight controls, and the Pringles or else I'll just stick with the older game. :P

Well yeah, if you can't find anyone that's around your level then it's hard to get into. The biggest problem with KOF98 UM on XBLA is that the netcode was rubbish, so even if you did find someone who you could play for fun, it was likely with horrible lag. You can play the original 98 on GGPO with great netcode, but that place has a lot of really good players who have been playing for years. It's still fun but I don't usually stand a chance.  :P  Hopefully they fix the netcode in 2k2, but even if not I've still got the same crowd from 98 to play against.

As for TVC I agree that it doesn't feel the same as Marvel. I don't know what to think of the control scheme, can't decide if it's better or worse than MVC2's, but I do think that it's not as good overall. Will be interesting to see where they go with it.

EDIT: New Chars for SSFIV Arcade?
Now that Super SFIV's arcade conversion has been set, development can at last start. Will there be tuning? Will there be additional characters? When will it hit arcades? Nothing has been decided yet.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/ ... cade-ssf4/

C'mon Birdie!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2010, 07:10:49 pm »
OHHHH FAAARK

In an interview with VideoGamer.com, Yoshinori Ono once again stated he feels like Super Street Fighter 4 would be worth the full price for the game. This piece goes on to say that a few different ways, but towards the end he offers a hint at who could be added as future DLC.

Despite the decision to release Super as a disc-based game, Ono said that "it's completely possible" for new characters to be made available as DLC in the future. As for what characters may be up for inclusion, Ono refused to offer any details. He did, however, reveal that Final Fight's Haggar is not top of the list.

"Technically, it's completely possible," he said. "If I hear many voices of people saying, 'come on, update the game in 2011, add a character or two', I could. But in that case I wouldn't put Haggar in, it would be Hugo!"

It's worth noting that Ono pushed for Rolento and R. Mika in Super Street Fighter 4, but those characters didn't make the final cut.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/ ... -capcom-3/

I would definitely buy Hugo for Super. I would like Birdie More, but Hugo would be my second Choice. Ein, Zwei, DREI!

Also, more MAHVEL BAYBEE hinted at!
In a Twitter update, Marvel.com editor, Ryan Penagos, stated that he's, "In Hawaii giving [the] media a look at something super seeeeekrit. All will be revealed next week."

Now, this is extra suspicious because Capcom staff members are currently in Hawaii hosting their annual Captivate press event.

Also, there's a one week press embargo on the things revealed at Captivate, which coincides nicely with timeline stated in Penagos' Twitter update.

While this isn't direct confirmation that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is in the works, there's little other reason that the Marvel.com editor would be in Hawaii at this exact time and teasing something super secret.

So, expect to have many more details as early as next week.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/ ... -capcom-3/

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2010, 07:24:05 pm »
Yeah, we all know that MvC3 is coming. The person who leaks information out of Capcom is quite reliable. =P

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2010, 11:15:15 pm »
http://teamspooky.com/content/?p=462

Resident Evil original in Marvel Vs Capcom 3? I hope its Wesker!

EDIT:
Confirming the rumors posted the other day, PlanetXbox360 reported that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was shown at Capcom's Captivate event in Hawaii.

There's an embargo on the details, so you won't be seeing screen shots, movies and other things until early next week, but here's the notes they were able to get together.

• Confirmed characters so far are Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm and a few others will return.

• The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 development team said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes on the disc.

• This will be another 2D fighter — gameplay-wise — but will be something of a cross between the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4.

• The rumored release date is late 2010 or early 2011 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, no plans right now for other systems.

• The game will run in 1080p resolution.

• It will be a disc-based release.

• Apparently the game will have unlockables again.

• Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be playable at this year's E3 which is held on June 15 - 17th.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/ ... m-3-works/

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2010, 05:47:08 pm »
I can't wait to see it.

I'm either going to be jumping for joy or sorely disappointed right off the bat.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2010, 02:01:41 am »
Check it out:
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=161ixqw&s=5

EDIT:
Lots of new info since last night, this thread on SRK sums it all up the best
http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232443

Some major points I gathered:

* Will be a mix of MVC2 and TVC
* Definitely faster than TVC
* Character roster is 'Hopefully' over 30
* Will include a 'Simple' mode like TVC, Gamecube CVS2 with one-button moves

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2010, 01:38:46 am »
Super Street Fighter IV is out now in US and tomorrow in EU, AU and most of the rest of the world.

Anybody here got it yet? I'll be getting mine tomorrow after work, so if anyone's online be sure to hit me up for some matches!

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2010, 06:38:52 pm »
Neo Geo Battle Colleseum achievements

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game ... ievements/

Pretty basic and bland, I guess.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2010, 06:53:55 pm »
I don't know whether to get that or not. I might pick it up, it seems like it would be fun. If it's more than 800 Points though, I'll wait for KOF 2k2.

EDIT:

YES!

In an interview with Destructoid, Capcom's Seth Killian stated that:

"For better or for worse, (Capcom of) Japan has understood that 'the West' likes Frank. So maybe that's why he's called Frank West? I don't know... Rightly or wrongly (Capcom of) Japan is convinced that Joe Six pack here in America love God d*mn Frank West. He will be making appearances in as many games as they can get him into."

Considering one of the outlines for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 looked a lot like Frank West, and this statement from Killian, it seems very, very, very likely that Frank will be in latest Vs. game.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/apr/ ... eir-games/

FRANK WEST!

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2010, 11:13:25 am »
Oh wow, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum is on XBLA? I totally want that... ^^ Even though I'm not very good at SNK fighters.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2010, 06:31:32 pm »
Oh wow, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum is on XBLA? I totally want that... ^^ Even though I'm not very good at SNK fighters.

Hopefully they improve the netcode for the game. Never played it before but it looks fun though. I might skip it and wait for KOF 2k2Um though, especially if they pull a Garou/98UM release schedule where they release within a fortnight of eachother.

On another note, I got SSFIV last night, really fun game, although I've been playing other games so much recently I was really rusty with it. Still managed to have some good matches online though, and the new characters are really cool. T Hawk seems like a beast, Adon is fun (although I really fucking hate the RDP input for Jaguar Kick, I liked the QCF from Alpha 2 much, much more.), and Hakan was all kinds of fun (although I 've only just touched him in training mode so far.)

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2010, 12:19:51 am »
I'd rather have NGBC than any KOF game. For one thing, there's Mud Man and Neo Dio. Any fighter which has World Heroes characters is already riding on waves of awesomeness. Then there's Akari and a ton of Fatal Fury characters, including Tung Fu Rue... it's not entirely my dream match of SNK fighters, but it is a big step up from normal KOF games. ^__^

The thing I like best about SSFIV is the return of Darksydephil commentary on the games. Yay!

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2010, 05:36:59 am »
My SNK "Dream Match" fighting game would have these characters:

From Fatal Fury:
-Terry Bogard
-Andy Bogard
-Joe Higashi
-Duck King
-Tung Fu Rue
-Big Bear
-Cheng Sinzan
-Jubei Yamada
-Wolfgang Krauser
-Franco Bash
-Bob Wilson
-B. Jenet
-Tizoc

From World Heroes:
-Muscle Power
-Rasputin
-Jenghis Karn
-Brocken
-Mud Man
-Johnny Maximum
-Captain Kidd
-Neo Dio
-Son Goku

From The Last Blade:
-Akari
-Mukuro
-Genbu no Okina
-Hyo Amano
-Lee Rekka
-Shigen Naoe

From The Art of Fighting:
-Yuri Sakazaki
-Lee Pai Long
-Mr. Big

From The King of Fighters:
-Ash Crimson
-Heavy D!
-Lucky Glauber
-Brian Battler
-Shingo Yabuki
-Clark
-Ralph
-Sie Kensou
-Chin

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2010, 02:06:38 pm »
Even though we only got to play one match, I must thank you, MadeMan, for playing with me on my last day on Xbox Live. ^__^ You're the only one who did. Everyone else was too busy with Super Street Fighter IV to bother.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2010, 04:13:22 pm »
Even though we only got to play one match, I must thank you, MadeMan, for playing with me on my last day on Xbox Live. ^__^ You're the only one who did. Everyone else was too busy with Super Street Fighter IV to bother.

I didn't know it was your last day, that's a shame. Are you going to renew it? Either way it was too bad we didn't get a chance to play a second match, I have no idea why we couldn't play a second round at all (unless that was Live conking out, but it seems too well timed for it to happen like that).