Author Topic: SegaBits Fight Club  (Read 66378 times)

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: SegaBits Fight Club
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2010, 04:20:16 pm »
Actually, the Xbox website says that it expires on May 1st, but it also says I'm still a Gold member. So maybe today is really my last day...?

EDIT: No, no. My console says I'm my account is definitely Silver, aka practically useless. :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2010, 06:19:47 am »
Hey guys look what just popped up in Gameinformer!

Confirmation of Deadpool, Captain America, Felicia and Dante.

• MvC3 is using the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom scheme to be more accessible, but will retain stuff like Hyper Combo cancels, Snapbacks and assists.

• The game will have the alpha, beta and gamma assist types, just like in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

• MvC3 aims to knock down the wall of complicated controls and open up the field of strategic fighting to all comers. This means fusing the accessible controls of TvC with tried and true MVC2 gameplay.

• The game has simplified launch attacks which are universally performed with one button, the Exchange button. This can also be pressed along with certain directions to slam opponents into the ground, leaving them susceptible to combos. Players can also hit the Exchange button in midair to tag in other team members on the fly. You can also counter exchange moves by guessing the correct exchange move to input at the same time as your opponent.

• Deadpool's teleportation device will comically malfunction if you spam his teleport move. Also, he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponents with his health bar.

• Chris Redfield uses his weapons from Resident Evil 5, his shotgun and the "shock stick."

• Moves from the previous games seemed to have been retained. Wolverine and Hulks' Supers are shown.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/may/ ... confirmed/

TVC Scheme I don't mind too much, I thought it was okay. At least this means we have mid attacks as well.

Assists being back is a nice touch.

'Knocking down the control barriers' is setting off huge alarm bells for me. If it's TVC I'm okay, but if it's any more simple than that....

The 'exchange' button could go either way. Not sure why that is the universal launcher, but sounds like it has some potential...

Deadpool beating opponent with health bar is a stroke of genius.

But enough of my thoughts, have some Screenshots!

I know it's early days and it's a magazine photo, but... some of those characters (Iron Man especially) look like they came out of Sega Saturn rendered cutscenes....

MORE MORE MORE INFO

Info and notes, thanks to Feathet on gamefaqs:

Stuff in italics are direct quotes from the magazine.

--It's just Marvel Vs Capcom, absolutely nothing was said about another party. Random guy on youtube was just spouting bs.
--Sales of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 surpassed their expectations by a whole lot.
--Marvel is at it's "strongest point ever" right now, they decided it was the perfect time to create a game like this.
--Disney did not impact the project positively or negatively in any way.
--Game runs on MT Framework engine that LP2 and RE5 run on.
--From the screens, the game looks VERY VERY VERY comic book-y, it actually looks very different than MvC2 did, most of the colors are very bright, and again, VERY comic-book looking. They basically look exactly the same in gameplay as they did in that trailer. If TvC was eastern anime styled, than MvC3 is western cartoon styled.
--Backgrounds will be lively. J Jonah Jameson is in a helicoptor in the background of the Daily Bugle stage shouting and pointing at the players. There's also a parade in the background that has huge air balloons of characters like Spider-Man and Viewtiful Joe. Servbots and Tron Bonne in the background of the Megaman Legends stage.
--"The flow of combat is just as intense and hectic as MvC 2, and all the hardcore elements remain intact. Three-on-three tag-team combat returns, complete with the assists and team building structure of the previous title. Veterans can look forward to alpha, beta, and gamma assist types, snapbacks, and hyper move cancels. Even if you don't know what a snapback is, you're still going to be able to pull of show-stopping aerial raves, since the team at Capcom is streamlining the process for executing advanced maneuvers."
--They want to maximize depth while minimizing complexity, so that's why they decided on TvsC style light, medium, and hard attacks.
--Uppercut move is further simplified from TvsC, it receives it's OWN button, called the "exchange" button. Now in addition to uppercutting, you can choose the direction you slam them in, and continue the combo (like slamming them into the ground)
--Catch to that is if your opponent presses the same exchange direction as you do in a combo, than they escape your combo and counter with their own. "This exciting rock-paper-scissors element complements the simplification of launching foes into the air, integrating a new fold of strategy for hardcore MvC fans to chew on."
--A sort of cross-over areal rave can be performed, where you can safely change your character in the middle of an air combo, using the exchange button. (I'm assuming this works like tvc but the article doesn't exactly specify)
--Story mode is being slightly improved, with "beginning and ending story bookends, along with in-game events to keep it fresh in players' minds. Producer Ryota Niitsuma insists that though this story is better than in other MvC games, it doesn't steal the spotlight from the action."

--Captain America, Felicia, Deadpool, and Dante confirmed. Though no screen shots are given of these new characters, they do have small bios.
--Cpt. America: "This founding member of the avengers returns with his indestructible shield to deliver combatants to justice. He preserves most of his handy move-set, complete with deadly shield-a-rang tosses and evasive cartwheel maneuvers."
--Felicia: "Capcom's catgirl returns with her claws out to deliver quick and nimble combos to anyone distracted by her jiggle physics for too long. She is also able to summon a helpful little catgirl partner to double her threat."
--Deadpool: "Deadpool has the ability to teleport around the battlefield, but do it too many times and his device will backfire to hilarious results. Even breaking the fourth wall, Deadpool's special consists of beating down opponents with his own life bar."
--Dante: "He may be based on the young Devil May Cry 3 protagonist, but this Dante comes equipped with the best moves from the entire series. He can juggle rival fighters with his dual pistols, close distances by sliding on his knees while playing Nevan (his guitar weapon), and even activate his deadly Devil Trigger mode to increase his speed and power."
--Chris: "This BSAA agent brings over every weapon he can carry from Resident Evil 5 into Marvel vs Capcom 3. Chris devastates opponents with his pistol, shotgun, submachine gun, magnum, satellite laser, and grenade launcher (complete with fire, ice, and electric rounds). He also has a slide attack utilizing his electric baton."
--The Hulk: "Bruce Banner returns in his pissed-off form, and somehow he's even more monstrous than before. This green juggernaut is still sluggish, but his immense power and earth-quaking special make him a good bruiser for your team makeup."
--Wolverine: "Logan's claws ravage everything unfortunate enough to stand before him in brilliant swipes of color. His trademark Berserker Barrage move return as both an assist move and a special, making him a perfect main for your team and also a menacing assist character."
--Morrigan: "Darkstalkers' seductive succubus continues the battle with all her otherworldly moves. She catapults opponents skyward with a gigantic spear summoned from the ground and delivers flying reverse pile drivers."
--Iron Man: "Sleeker and slimmer than MvC 2's Tony Stark, this iteration of Iron Man better reflects his current style in the comics. The gold and maroon superhero's gigantic laser cannon still makes for a great assist, and his jet-boots make him ideal for aerial maneuvers."
--"If you were disappointed that you didn't see certain no-brainer Capcom characters in Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the Wii, don't give up hope. Niitsuma confirmed that big characters like Dante were saved from Tatsunoko for Marvel vs. Capcom 3."
--MvC2's cast recycled 15years of backlog and that's a large reason why it had such a big cast. "The morrigan you saw in 1994's Darkstalkers was basically what you saw in 2000's MvC 2."
--MvC3's characters all started from scratch.
--Capcom is paying a very large attention to detail to make sure all the characters are very in-character and act like themselves.
--GI raved about the graphics for a good paragraph, apparently lighting is superb and iron man's armor has reflections.
--GI seemed very impressed with how Dante was represented in the game. "His cockiness and bravado shines through in every action, doing the white-haired badass justice."

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995375-m ... s/54698420

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2010, 07:36:23 am »
--"If you were disappointed that you didn't see certain no-brainer Capcom characters in Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the Wii, don't give up hope. Niitsuma confirmed that big characters like Dante were saved from Tatsunoko for Marvel vs. Capcom 3."

Uhhh, I do not give a shit about Dante, but what the Hell is this? So basically that last games sucks, do not use our 'good' characters because who gives a shit about Tatsunoko? Fucking Capcom...

This is making me wonder what kind of franchises they are even willing on putting in here. Nathan Spencer vs Howard the Duck would be awkward brilliance. I am also hoping this means we will not be seeing anything like those characters no one wants, like that retarded cactus thing, or basic servbots.

I really, really prefer LETS GO CRAZY to the Curly Mustaaaache and prefer practically every major fighting franchise outside of Mortal Kombat over them, so I am really not liking making everything as simple as possible. I guess this will all appeal to the fanbase more but... Ehh, think I will just pick up Super Street Fighter IV instead.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2010, 07:43:21 am »
^Speaking of LETS GO CRAZY, when are you getting back to GGPO?

As for 'saving' characters for MVC3, I was a bit taken aback by that too, unless they mean it as in 'we didn't want to have ALL the big names in TVC'. Then again, TVC seemed to be like a showcase for their lesser used characters which was nice.

MVC 3 needs to have Birdie in it. Just because I said so.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2010, 09:22:21 am »
MvC3 sucks compared to MvC2. Calling it in advance, saving myself disappointment in the future.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2010, 07:01:47 pm »
^^^Wow, MvC3 is going to be one of the worst games of all time then?

Just give it a shot at least, you like Sonic Unleashed more than the Genesis titles, so you can never be too sure as to what you will like more just yet.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2010, 07:17:00 pm »

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2010, 08:21:06 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
^^^Wow, MvC3 is going to be one of the worst games of all time then?

Just give it a shot at least, you like Sonic Unleashed more than the Genesis titles, so you can never be too sure as to what you will like more just yet.
I know when they say that they're going to replace normal launchers with a "launcher button" (with multiple functions no less), that they don't know what the fuck they're doing with the controls. I have a strong feeling that this is going to be an inferior pile of crud, like TvC was.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2010, 08:49:58 pm »
^^^This is exactly what fans of the original game said when MvC2 was announced though, simplifying the controls might actually help it all in the end. I would not call it crap just yet.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2010, 09:37:11 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
^^^This is exactly what fans of the original game said when MvC2 was announced though, simplifying the controls might actually help it all in the end. I would not call it crap just yet.
That would only be true if it actually were simplifying the controls. In reality, it could make things more convoluted, since there's more than one function assigned to one button, there's a good chance that you'll go for a launcher but do the wrong fucking thing (just like the stupid assist button in TvC, when you accidentally switch out when you only wanted an assist or vice versa).

Also, who was so stupid to not figure out how launchers work in MvC2? Can you answer me that? I was 14 years old when I first played MvC2, and I barely had any fighting game experience, but I figured out it without a problem even at that age and that little experience. It's not rocket science!

What, does Capcom just think that all of their consumers are fucking retarded or something? Jesus christ, what a bunch of lousy game designers.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2010, 10:11:01 pm »
I thought I heard they were still going to use two assist buttons at least, so the 'Exchange' button might just be like that 'Drive/Dust' button in BB (from what I understand it's similar in function).

I'm going to wait and see on this one. At the very least though we'll have proper short, mid and heavy attacks again, so characters might have better pokes and projectiles (many characters lost a lot in MVC2 when they removed the mid buttons).

But yeah, in the end, MVC2 is pretty damn simple to pick up and play, I don't see why Capcom thinks everything needs to be simpler and simpler when even SFIV sells millions.

EDIT;
Better Quality Pics
http://personalgaming.blogspot.com/2010 ... -pics.html

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2010, 04:31:17 pm »
At least graphically, it looks very good... so far.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2010, 09:22:51 pm »
Good games today. I like being able to relax and enjoy a lot of different characters, so I must thank you for having casuals with me.

In regular random matches, people want to go mains only, and I'm not always in the mood for that.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2010, 12:57:19 am »
^thats why MVC2 needs a random select button. Still, was fun even if I'm not very good at it.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2010, 01:03:01 am »
Yeah, it might be nice to have a random select button.

However, I like my idea of color coordinated teams better. My pink, purple, orange, and green teams are especially my favorites. And they're so fashionable! ^__^