Author Topic: Sonic Boom Thread  (Read 88140 times)

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Sonic Boom Thread
« Reply #195 on: June 12, 2014, 05:47:51 pm »
Radrappy, Nux and Shigs are at E3! You should totally hang out and talk Sonic at a seedy LA bar.

haha I would love to!  If they want to PM me, we could go grab a beer.  I only had time enough at lunch to go play sonic boom, play splatoon, see miyamoto walking around with his posse, and then had to leave. 

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #196 on: June 17, 2014, 12:45:06 pm »
I'm gonna be honest. I have stopped caring about sonic's origin and essence whatever since they already ruined what I cherished the most. So I can just look at the game now as a non fanboy and from a gameplay standpoint it looks like it could be a pretty cool adventure game. My main gripes from the footages have been  the visuals and awful dialogue.

BTW, Is it true that the game looked better on the showfloor?

edit: SEGA = sonic
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 02:17:20 pm by CrazyT »

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #197 on: June 17, 2014, 01:09:32 pm »
BTW, Is it true that the game looked better on the showfloor?

It varied from environment to environment.  Some things looked great (the chase bit with the security spider boss with amy and sonic) and some things looked pretty damn bad (the ground textures and environment for the knuckles/sonic level). 

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #198 on: June 17, 2014, 02:25:11 pm »
Was just gonna ask you about gameplay but then I just saw your impressions in the previous page. Saddening to read all my worries confirmed. The enthusiasm in this video makes no sense https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khL_efXNspw

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #199 on: June 17, 2014, 03:26:55 pm »
Wow. nuckles is in that video! in the background

and of course they are going to be enthusiastic, it's a SEGA video about a product they are putting out. They aren't going to be dull and boring.

check out this video, this guy tears apart the game right infront of stephen frost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q33tKYRxc50&feature=player_detailpage#t=111

if you click the link it will bring you directly to the part rather then just watching the whole video, unless you want to watch the whole video.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #200 on: June 17, 2014, 03:36:36 pm »

and of course they are going to be enthusiastic, it's a SEGA video about a product they are putting out. They aren't going to be dull and boring.

check out this video, this guy tears apart the game right infront of stephen frost.

if you click the link it will bring you directly to the part rather then just watching the whole video, unless you want to watch the whole video.

That was a bit awkward.  You should really be careful at these events.  There's a good chance the creators are walking around trying to hear feedback.

Then again, maybe this is something that needed to be heard. 

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2014, 01:49:47 am »

Dang, well it's a E3 demo. They'll probably work on the bugs before the game hits stores in November. I've watched some of the cutscenes that we're uploaded on YouTube, the cartoonish comedy really stands out.

My favorite part has to be when Knuckles threatens to knock out Sonic one day after making his witty comment.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2014, 01:47:01 pm »
That was a bit awkward.  You should really be careful at these events.  There's a good chance the creators are walking around trying to hear feedback.

Then again, maybe this is something that needed to be heard. 

nah. I don't find it awkward so much as messed up. The reviewer was pretty flippant and likely didn't care if he was heard or not or might have found it funny if he was heard (Stephen Frost could have been near him even when we don't see him on camera.) The whole thing was deliberate, talking smack in the booth.

I'm still not excited for this game partially because of what he says, but if he wanted to trash it, by all means go ahead and do it somewhere else. but if he wanted to be more constructive go to Sega and talk about it.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #203 on: June 19, 2014, 04:55:40 pm »
Well, wow that was two interesting interviews. The first one was official people that was on the team, and the second one, was a youtubereviewer. While I am kinda against negative reviews, their was one thing that is really important, that nobody fails to mention.

CAN KNUCKLES FLY/GLIDE AROUND????????? that was probably the only good thing about Knuckles at all, You know being able to fly around, dig through any surface, and bash through walls. Knuckles even took Sonic out of his Super Sonic form, in S3. Then their is Hyper Knuckles.......Bottom-llne, will this game have Super Sonic? Hyper Tails? Hyper Knuckles?

Why does tails summon a little robot?, why not little birds?

However another question got answered. Is this another version of DK64? Apparently yes, Sonic runs slow

The earlier review, at the 3:00 that guy just ruins the showcase, going on about the animation. I am not against anybodies speaking voice, but seriously, that was a bit too flowery for anybody talking about Sonic. I do not mean to discriminate, but we just lost a huge chunk of the Sonic fan base. I mean, we got a bunch of big mouth women, being paid to strech their Orbiculars, and now a that person. Poor kids, and poor Sonic. Original Sonic fans are out of the loop. The official review hurts the game and the animation even more.

What is even more funnier is how ProJared, was doing his thing, and in the background their was like two people having a little argument/convesation about something. Do they look like Sonic fans?
They look like murderers to me. Then that one guy from the E3 review, was like doing something, and then moved towards him? It was funny because he was dissing, the new Sonic game, and he was just inside an interview. Again.

WHY CAN"T KNUCKLES FLY? Why do we have this extra midget 4th wheel character. That does not belong, aside for her size being abused as being a child??? Seriously Sonic was and is a teenaged area of persona, Tails is his little Little Brother sidekick.

They ruined the game for everybody, with this character. She lives in the blasted Jungle, so she should be big as them, not be like "Oh well she is younger, so she is small and undeveloped"...Nope, no, lame excuses.

Just by saying, the game has the laser ropes, ruined it for me. Take away the ropes, and special combo moves ( this is not "Holy Sword of Mana" ), and make them the correct size. I could understand, why they renamed, the game from Sonic Boom to Sonic Toon. speaking of which.

Toon boom........... it rymes, and it is an animation FLASH handicap program
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:18:20 pm by RegalSin »

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #204 on: June 19, 2014, 07:37:22 pm »
The earlier review, at the 3:00 we see some Non-heterosexual, going on about the animation. I am not against anybodies speaking voice, but seriously, that was a bit too flowerly for a videogame person. I mean, we got a bunch of big mouth women, being paid to waste time, and now a non-heterosexual. I mean seriously, poor kids, that we were.

Dude, none of your posts make much sense at all, but this crosses the line... someone's speaking voice, someone's sexuality or perceived sexuality, it's none of your business and if you can't come up with something constructive to say about the substance of what another person is communicating, just keep your crazy-ass thoughts to yourself.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2014, 09:04:37 pm »
RegalSin, consider this a warning. Think before posting, we don't put up with insulting people based on gender or sexual orientation, even if it's not directed at a user, it's not right. You're on a 48 hour ban.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #206 on: June 20, 2014, 07:19:48 am »
The earlier review, at the 3:00 we see some Non-heterosexual, going on about the animation. I am not against anybodies speaking voice, but seriously, that was a bit too flowerly for a videogame person. I mean, we got a bunch of big mouth women, being paid to waste time, and now a non-heterosexual. I mean seriously, poor kids, that we were.

Some sonic fans...really...

Hey kid one thing you should realize about the hollywood industy....a lot of gay people work there...so do a lot of asians...and blacks...and women..and in case you didn't know..whites as well! Shocking isn't it?
And in the good old days of cartoons...there were just as many gay people voicing cartoons as there are now. The difference is that no one knew or cared about them because people behind the cartoon voices weren't exposed unless you were Mel Blanc. Nowadays everyone knows who is who in that industry because you have people interviewing them, listing their credits, putting them on video so people like you can criticize whether the guy's sexuality will affect the voice of the character.Gimmie a break...puhleeze... It doesn't matter. What should matter is if the cartoon is good or not. that's all i care about...And most likely what many other sonic fans will care about in the long run.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 07:25:33 am by ROJM »

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #207 on: June 21, 2014, 09:36:51 pm »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #208 on: June 21, 2014, 11:24:12 pm »
Uh, sorry but Sonic '06 cannot be beat.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #209 on: June 22, 2014, 05:20:17 am »
Sonic 06 is a broken mess with awful artstyle, but not gonna lie that once loadtimes were reduced with the harddrive install update on 360, I  actually quite enjoyed it. If sonic boom ends up worse than it wouldnt be the first time a polished sonic game was worse *points to sonic and the black knight.