Author Topic: Sonic Boom Thread  (Read 88137 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Sonic Boom Thread
« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2014, 06:58:15 am »
To my knowledge this is the first time Sega has tied a cartoon with a Sonic game specifically. I can't add SONIC X since that came after the ADVENTURE series and neither can i add STAS game since it never came out. Either way they're risking a lot so the game itself has to be good for their sakes.....oh well there's always the movie i suppose... 

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #211 on: June 24, 2014, 01:09:09 pm »
The original AOSTHH Cartoon = Sonic 1+2, including many things that was featured in the videogames itself. Including the plane, Pinball zone, Stone feat, Special Zone, Robotnik Bots ( whatever they are called ), and even featured items from the games itself. Even the original ( and true ) Sonic-BOOM animation = Sonic CD, featured the UFO, Sally, Chemical plant zone, Knuckles, Beatniks ( that is what they are called ?? ). Sonic X = GBA Sonic + SA1+2+X.

Question? Is this an really long episode of the Sonic-ToonBoom ( ha that is a product ), or is this the actual product??? I would think this would be the really big question on peoples skull, but somehow I feel they are just making the game based off the show to market everything. So far I have yet to see any footage eof the lasers-ropes being used in the show itself, but the game???

Offline ROJM

« Reply #212 on: June 25, 2014, 04:50:03 am »
The original AOSTHH Cartoon = Sonic 1+2, including many things that was featured in the videogames itself. Including the plane, Pinball zone, Stone feat, Special Zone, Robotnik Bots ( whatever they are called ), and even featured items from the games itself. Even the original ( and true ) Sonic-BOOM animation = Sonic CD, featured the UFO, Sally, Chemical plant zone, Knuckles, Beatniks ( that is what they are called ?? ). Sonic X = GBA Sonic + SA1+2+X.

Question? Is this an really long episode of the Sonic-ToonBoom ( ha that is a product ), or is this the actual product??? I would think this would be the really big question on peoples skull, but somehow I feel they are just making the game based off the show to market everything. So far I have yet to see any footage eof the lasers-ropes being used in the show itself, but the game???

Of course the cartoons are going to include elements from the games. Its not rocket science they will do that. But those cartoons/anime weren't direct tie ins. They didn't share the SAME storyline as the games. SONIC BOOM is a direct tie in as the cartoon and game are developed in conjunction to each other.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #213 on: June 25, 2014, 07:04:55 am »
Does that mean I have to get all the Videos of SONICTOON, in order to know the complete series of events? That is basically the selling point ( or whatever facist corperate word is ) you are giving me to go on. When we had AOSTH, it might have been random, but everything was there, and even SONIC - X, everything was their as well. So far it just looks the same, and the main selling point is not really the game. If it was, they wouldn't have TOONED Sonic, and just keep to basics.

Again, it is not an opinion, the people in the writing department, including the art department does not care about Sonic as much. Sega just decided to dump everything, not for the sake of restarting anything, but for the sake of ending the anti-Sonic fan nonsense.

Another way I see it, is they could keep viewers occupied, until the game is finished, or vice versa. Just to make things worst, unlike back then, when the photogenic artist did not respect the videogames, THEY could now work side by side with the exact 3d files.

Okay I am out of this topic until anymore news, or etc
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:30:35 am by RegalSin »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #214 on: June 25, 2014, 12:08:39 pm »
This game kind of looks a bit shit... The cartoon seems pretty good though from the trailer the jokes aren't bad. I always thought the Sonic series should be more of a comedy, I mean the early games were full of great parody... Super Sonic, The 'Death Egg' I think that stuff got lost along the way.

Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #215 on: June 25, 2014, 12:22:34 pm »
This game kind of looks a bit shit... The cartoon seems pretty good though from the trailer the jokes aren't bad. I always thought the Sonic series should be more of a comedy, I mean the early games were full of great parody... Super Sonic, The 'Death Egg' I think that stuff got lost along the way.
As much as I didn't enjoy Sonic Colours, I did greatly enjoy the way it brought some good old humour back to the Sonic series, I agree with you 100%.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2014, 04:49:04 am »
Does that mean I have to get all the Videos of SONICTOON, in order to know the complete series of events? That is basically the selling point ( or whatever facist corperate word is ) you are giving me to go on. Back then, when we had AOSTH, it might have been random, but everything was their, and even SONIC - X, everything was their as well. So far it just looks the same, and the main selling point is not really the game. If it was, they wouldn't have TOONED Sonic, and just keep to basics.

Again, it is not an opinion, the people in the writing department, including the art department does not care about Sonic as much. Sega just decided to dump everything, not for the sake of restarting anything, but for the sake of ending the anti-Sonic fan nonsense.

Another way I see it, is they could keep viewers occupied, until the game is finished, or vice versa. Just to make things worst, unlike back then, when the photogenic artist did not respect the videogames, THEY could now work side by side with the exact 3d files.

Okay I am out of this topic until anymore news, or etc

You do have an option. Buy the game or watch the toon for free. See, not hard is it? Now calm down and take your pills, doctor's orders...

Offline ROJM

« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2014, 04:50:39 am »

Suprised no one has been talking about the upcoming movie yet....which i'm dreading....

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #218 on: June 26, 2014, 11:52:45 am »
That is why people should just ignore the whole thing to begin with. We want Sonic back, but it is just Hollywood ( people against videogames, because it is not theater ) sapping the funds from our pockets while, they vote down our rights in secrecy. No, no, no in no way I am going to fund some frenchie, and their diabolical plot to steal money from game consumers.

That is like thousands, and probably millions of dollars being thrown away from, what should have been a comeback, to what is a laughing stock of an CGI animation. Where is Princess Sally, where is Uncle Chuck, why is it only the four Sonic buddies, who's idea was it to make Sonic b's all EXTREME LOONEY TUNES. Remember EXTREME LOONEY TUNES, and EXTREME DINOSAURS? That is what this is, SUFAAAA EXTRRREEEMMMEE SONICCCAAA..

What ever happen to simplistic, random adventures, where Sonic and Tails would beat the dumbnicks, get captured a little, escape, and then they would enjoy a nice Chilly dog, while picking up some babes? Instead MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ARE BEING VACUMMED..

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #219 on: June 26, 2014, 12:01:35 pm »
No, no, no in no way I am going to fund some frenchie, and their diabolical plot to steal money from game consumers.

Refrain from bashing other cultures and make an attempt to make sense in your posts.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2014, 04:25:41 am »
That is why people should just ignore the whole thing to begin with. We want Sonic back, but it is just Hollywood ( people against videogames, because it is not theater ) sapping the funds from our pockets while, they vote down our rights in secrecy. No, no, no in no way I am going to fund some frenchie, and their diabolical plot to steal money from game consumers.

That is like thousands, and probably millions of dollars being thrown away from, what should have been a comeback, to what is a laughing stock of an CGI animation. Where is Princess Sally, where is Uncle Chuck, why is it only the four Sonic buddies, who's idea was it to make Sonic b's all EXTREME LOONEY TUNES. Remember EXTREME LOONEY TUNES, and EXTREME DINOSAURS? That is what this is, SUFAAAA EXTRRREEEMMMEE SONICCCAAA..

What ever happen to simplistic, random adventures, where Sonic and Tails would beat the dumbnicks, get captured a little, escape, and then they would enjoy a nice Chilly dog, while picking up some babes? Instead MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ARE BEING VACUMMED..

Sega doesn't really own Princess Sally or Uncle Chuck or whatever. they were created specifically for the Archie Comic and cartoon. Sega could still use them but they would have to pay money to use them. Chilli dog was an invention of the cartoon because the cartoon studios thought anthropomorphic talking animals who can speak street slang and like fast food was cool in the nineties. The cartoon came out during the peak of the whole TMN Turtles craze.

And as for french, well they have a much better attitude towards cartoons than most of the english speaking countries have. They were showing japanese anime shows (all the proper ones and classics) during the time and hardly uncut when they stopped showing them in the states and UK. So while we had to put up with crap like Robotech, they were getting stuff like Lupin Devil man and gundam which they showed in the late seventies to early eighties so they were already ahead of us. Not saying SONIC BOOM is going to great but if its shit its not because its made in france...

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2014, 11:21:44 am »
I still remember my friend being concerned that Sonic's pig-friend was eating chilli dogs in a comic, as it seemed like cannibalism.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #222 on: June 30, 2014, 09:35:34 am »
Well technically were all mammals so any of us eating meat of other milk producing animals are cannibals ourselves....

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #223 on: July 04, 2014, 12:53:01 am »
Sheesh, I just can't shake off the feeling of how this is basically SEGA's attempt at doing something like Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #224 on: July 07, 2014, 11:46:27 am »
It probably is Chaos master. I'm intrigued because it was the west that was the first to do an ongoing Sonic cartoon series in the form of Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog and Sonic The Hedgehog The Saturday morning animated series. Like it was back then Sega of America really missed the boat to promote the Sega brand on kids TV by not doing a cartoon series of their other popular games like TOE JAM AND EARL, ECO and even ETERNAL CHAMPIONS. If Sega west had any sense they'd at least look into IP that they could turn into a cgi toon series that they control. SPIRAL KNIGHTS could easily be a candidate....