Author Topic: Capcom is allowing "Hostile Takeover" Buyout  (Read 83991 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Capcom is allowing "Hostile Takeover" Buyout
« Reply #195 on: August 06, 2014, 03:45:06 am »

No all you seem to have done is copy and paste from Wikipedia and add in EC your
self . Link would be nice and one that's better than Wikipedia . Never remember
EC doing well in the charts at all, but maybe it did .

If you say so. Not everything is from the internet you know. ::) EC sold 2 million. That's it.

You need to factor in a few things . Spins off don't mean a game sell loads
, Viewtiful Joe was hardly a sales monster , but it it's self had a sequel and 2
spins off . Also many saw (not just SOJ) Virtual Fighter II as the pinnacle of
Saturn programming and a 3D fighter  , so many could see why SOJ would want
to see that game pushed more  seeing as VF II was the best 3D fighter and
the time and run 704X480 @ 60 fps which was incredible for a home system .
I said Megadrive. Sonic sold millions. Sega decided to do more games in the form of spin offs. Sega of america didn't really do any spin offs of games that they made until EC came along. Keep comparing other companies, years after the fact to a company that had a different method of practice at the time.You need to know one thing a company at that time would not invest in spin off games if they don't think there is a market for them and the reason they do so is down to the fact that the game the spin offs sold well really well.

And VF 2 puh leese. The game didn't make any real mark in the US market. If SOJ was that confident with the game as a priogramming marvel they wouldn't have needed to can EC3. So yet again you are talking rubbish. Were talking about a company that decided to release Toshiden on saturn for christs sake. Then all of a sudden they dedcide another 3d game may steal its thunder according to you a game that only sold 5 000? Give me a break and start to think for gods sake.

Leave Capcom out of this and just answer the question . What have we got to look
forward for SEGA Japan for this and next year for the consoles ?

You're the one who keeps bringing Capcom into it. Sega isn't capcom. And they make more money than capcom. Deal with it. ;)

Actually Capcom digital sales are what helped it post a profit for the 1st half
of this year . Now many I would suspect would or have  been  ready to
take a punt on the likes of Space Channel 5 Pt 2, REZ, JSR, Skies of Arcadia ,
Guardian Heroes  and so on .  How many of SEGA Japan current line up
would people be asking for to come to XBLA and PSN - Other than PSO V II and
maybe Project Diva or a english translation of Yakuza 5 I can't think of many .

Haha the worm has turned after saying digital sales don't matter all of a sudden it does because of Capcom? What a joke you have become. Apart from all the Sega games people are asking for steam plenty. But that doesn't detract from the fact that sega digital divison stil makes a ton of money and has been far longer than Capcom or other of their peers.Again deal with it..

I don't think Yakuza 5 sold as well as Part III and it not even close to a
millon seller . Its an IP that it's going forward , but stuck in runt.

Like many of capcom's titles...

« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:49:33 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #196 on: August 06, 2014, 04:47:42 am »
Not everything is from the internet you know

Yes I know that all too well . What mag was this reporting in ? or a scan would be nice .

I said Megadrive. Sonic sold millions.

? You were on about EC and how only games that sell well have spins off .

Keep comparing other companies

No need really . Golden Axe is hardly a sales monster for SEGA. Yet had loads of sequels and a Spin off, come to think of it so did Alex Kid and the like .

And VF 2 puh leese. The game didn't make any real mark in the US market

Yep I know, but SOJ wanted VF II to get more of a push and try and get some of the sales of Tekken
If SOJ was that confident with the game as a priogramming marvel they wouldn't have needed to can EC3
SOJ  didn't can the project , they just wanted SOA to push VF II more and spend more money its PR . There is a difference .

Were talking about a company that decided to release Toshiden on saturn for christs sake
? It's up to SEGA America and Europe what games get released overhere.

Then all of a sudden they dedcide another 3d game may steal its thunder according to you a game that only sold 5 000?

EC champions was not a massive seller and in the MD day would could make a profit from a game selling 50,000 units or so . You didn't need to sell a million copies in those days with games taking some 6 months to make a tiny teams.

Haha the worm has turned after saying digital sales don't matter all of a sudden it does because of Capcom
? Nope I made the point that all corps are digital and have lines in Mobile iOs and so on, even the like of Cave - not just SEGA Japan .

But that doesn't detract from the fact that sega digital divison stil makes a ton of money and has been far longer than Capcom or other of their peers.
Digital makes a ton for all the corps and Capcom being doing that since 2006 - its hardly a new thing for Capcom

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #197 on: August 06, 2014, 11:41:55 am »

Yes I know that all too well . What mag was this reporting in ? or a scan would
be nice .

I didn't get it from a mag either. As for wiki they keep changing it all the time. But i can see how you came to that conclusion since the numbers are similar..

? You were on about EC and how only games that sell well have spins off
They didn't. The point is the first game got big enough for them to go with all that. SOA was going to follow this title with a streetfighter 2 style championship version codenamed EC PLUS, the mega CD was going to be an all silicon graphics affair..and there was going to be a few spin off solo games and an EC game gear title.

Of course the EC PLUS game didn't happen and more likely became the CD version, the silicon graphics game was more likely to come in the form of EC FINAL CHAPTER but jufdging after what happened with X PERTS who knows which used the same process but didn't work as well.

No need really . Golden Axe is hardly a sales monster for SEGA. Yet had
loads of sequels and a Spin off, come to think of it so did Alex Kid and the
like .

GOLDEN AXE is really different since it was an arcade game. SHINOBI was an arcade game as well and that had its share of games just to keep the franchise going. As i stated i'm taking really about the consumer dept and how they were doing on the MD. SOA never really made spin off of popular games that they had. All of a sudden they did. Its not diffulcult to see why when the dots come together.

Yep I know, but SOJ wanted VF II to get more of a push and try and get some of
the sales of Tekken
SOJ  didn't can the project , they just wanted SOA to
push VF II more and spend more money its PR . There is a difference

? It's up to SEGA America and Europe what games get
released overhere.

Sorry but this story is over 18 years old and it hasn't changed regardless of who has told it. Even the creator of the game all but confirmed the inital rumours about SOJ specifically when it came to his Sega HEAT title NET.FIGHTER. I understand that Sega japan wanted VF2 a push, it deserved one. But their zealousy over SOA helped ruin that by not letting one familiar property come onto the saturn to even let people(i'm not talking about die hard Sega fans) who brought the sega genesis who didn't jump over to saturn see a game that they could identify with and like and decide to buy the system.
And again it really doesn't explain only wanting one 3d game when Sega publishes Toshiden which was a knock off of VF and at that time more popular. So you aren't make any sense at all on that regard.

EC champions was not a massive seller and in the MD day would could make a
profit from a game selling 50,000 units or so . You didn't need to sell a
million copies in those days with games taking some 6 months to make a tiny
teams.
It was. Keep harping on that it wasn't...history says another thing. And since you are the one who keep going on about how KID CAMELEON flopped(when it didn't) just because it had a big push(here's a cvlue alot of Sega games got a push back then) just goers to show that as long as you are saying something it Has TO BE TRUE BUT IF SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING  YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU HAVE TO DISPUTE EVERYTHING WITHOUT EVEN MAKING ANY LOGICAL SENSE.

? Nope I made the point that all corps are digital and have lines in
Mobile iOs and so on, even the like of Cave - not just SEGA Japan .

Not really we had three threads of you going on about how digital and mobile doesn't matter. Stop backtracking.

Digital makes a ton for all the corps and Capcom being doing that since 2006 -
its hardly a new thing for Capcom

Capcom is way behind in the digital mobile front, that's what everyone is saying. Sega has had more time to estabilsh themselves in that arena.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:45:35 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #198 on: August 07, 2014, 04:27:10 am »
I didn't get it from a mag either.

So where from , then SEGA Retro ? . Ever sales chart I saw back in the day showed EC not selling that great , more so after all the hype and push SEGA gave it.
SOA was going to follow this title with a streetfighter 2 style championship version codenamed EC PLUS, the mega CD was going to be an all silicon graphics affair..and there was going to be a few spin off solo games and an EC game gear title.

No doubt SEGA wanted to turn it into a series, but that still doesn't mean it sold well and the fact that it got a sequel or spins off , doesn't mean that much - It those days you could , Treasure MD games could make a nice profit with just 50,000 to 100,00o units sold . And bar in mind the Mega CD title sold very poor (even though it was amazing) and no-one really saw EC has an answer to the likes of Street Fighter II, never mind the likes of VF and Tekken .

I don't agree with SOJ wanted to push and see more money spent on VF II in the USA , but understand why they did it . To me Tekken would always have the upper hand in the USA due to it's fancy intro's , blasting music and being less deep and it was aided no end, but the fact the Arcade unit was on system 12 and could be seen in Arcade's , pubs and take away's,  where as Model 2 was much more expensive and so less people saw in Take aways and pub's Ect .

GOLDEN AXE is really different since it was an arcade game
No really, and Alex Kid isn't Arcade game, but it got sequels and spins off , I really doubt any of the Alex kids games sold 2 million plus . Lunar on the Mega CD had sequels and spins off's and there's no way its sold a million copies, let alone 2 million . Chuck Rock also had sequel and spin off's and that game was hardly a multi million seller .

Even the creator of the game all but confirmed the inital rumours about SOJ specifically when it came to his Sega HEAT title NET.FIGHTER

All he confirms if what happend . SOJ wanted SOA to push VF II harder and use that title to take on PS and Tekken 2

And again it really doesn't explain only wanting one 3d game when Sega publishes Toshiden which was a knock off of VF

Sigh.. It was done to show the Saturn could handle it , and because it sold ok. And SEGA Japan hardly only wanted it own 3D fighters on the machine, If anything it would have been more worried by Dead or Alive which if anything was a better port than what AM#2 did and the likes of Zero Divide, D-Xird, Anarcy in the Nippon are all 3D fighters 
And since you are the one who keep going on about how KID CAMELEON flopped(when it didn't)
That would be Greendog, but never mind  ::) [size=78%].[/size]
It was. Keep harping on that it wasn't...history says another thing.
No, you do. I like to see a link or scan .

Not really we had three threads of you going on about how digital and mobile doesn't matter.

I love the spin . 100% Digital isn't going to happen for years , until them boxed games are still the way most people will get new games . Digital downloads are nothing new at all and they've all be at it even the likes of Cave .

[/size]
Capcom is way behind in the digital mobile front, that's what everyone is saying
.No they've been digital since 2006 . What was SEGA results for this  half of this year ? Not a loss by any chance , even with the digital sales ?. [size=78%]

[/size]
[/size]
[/size]

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #199 on: August 07, 2014, 05:12:25 am »

So where from , then SEGA Retro ? . Ever sales chart I saw back in the day
showed EC not selling that great , more so after all the hype and push SEGA gave
it.
Yawn.. i didn't get it from any magazine...And really back then most charts were listed by individual shopping chains at least it was in the uk like woolworths or toys r us or whoever. Its not like it was now where it was for the public.

No doubt SEGA wanted to turn it into a series, but that still doesn't mean it
sold well and the fact that it got a sequel or spins off , doesn't mean that
much - It those days you could , Treasure MD games could make a nice profit with
just 50,000 to 100,00o units sold . And bar in mind the Mega CD title sold very
poor (even though it was amazing) and no-one really saw EC has an answer to the
likes of Street Fighter II, never mind the likes of VF and Tekken .

No you didn't, i certainly didn't back then as i perfered sega japan games. But most players on any system got the system that was viable to them and they were more likely to buy into games from the company. Yet none of those Trasure games either got a sequel either despite their insistence that they didn't do sequels, if those games sold any higher than the story would have been vastly different. But again were talking about SOA not what SOJ or a second party would have done.

I don't agree with SOJ wanted to push and see more money spent on VF II in the
USA , but understand why they did it . To me Tekken would always have the upper
hand in the USA due to it's fancy intro's , blasting music and being less deep
and it was aided no end, but the fact the Arcade unit was on system 12 and could
be seen in Arcade's , pubs and take away's,  where as Model 2 was much more
expensive and so less people saw in Take aways and pub's Ect .

As i said if they didn't get rid of Kalinske or replaced him with someone who knew the market better it would have been a different story in my opinion. Sega japan really F'd up when it came to 3D games afterall PSX was riffing on the excitement genrated by the inital mdel 1 games that sega created and used the only rival to sega's mdel 1/2 games with Namco's stuff as well as ripping off sega with their own titles like Toshiden and demolition derby which was a poor man's DAYTONA. 

No really, and Alex Kid isn't Arcade game, but it got sequels and spins off , I
really doubt any of the Alex kids games sold 2 million plus . Lunar on the Mega
CD had sequels and spins off's and there's no way its sold a million copies, let
alone 2 million . Chuck Rock also had sequel and spin off's and that game was
hardly a multi million seller .
Different era and different companies. I'm talking about SOA specifically. They never made any spin offs from any of their titles they made until EC came along. All this happened after the sales of the first game. That's what happened so stop trying to come up with excuses to show why it didn't by using poor examples of other titles. The master system was a totally different time compared to the time of the MD. Lunar wasn't published by Sega of japan either. Never said ALEX KIDD was an arcade game i was talking about SHINOBI and the game you mentioned GOLDEN AXE. Stop trying to spin please.

Sigh.. It was done to show the Saturn could handle it ,
and because it sold ok. And SEGA Japan hardly only wanted it own 3D fighters on
the machine, If anything it would have been more worried by Dead or Alive which
if anything was a better port than what AM#2 did and the likes of Zero Divide,
D-Xird, Anarcy in the Nippon are all 3D fighters  That would be Greendog,
but never mind  ::)
[size=78%].[/size]
[/color]No, you do. I like to see a
link or scan .

Yet DOA wasn't big in the west until the xbox came along. They weren't going to say no to Tecmo either who was using their tech at that time as well. Toshiden however was more known in the west and they supported it by publishing it. A game that would have potentially taken more sales away from VF2 in the west. So i hardly think you're intial reasoning holds up.

I love the spin . 100% Digital isn't going to happen for years , until them
boxed games are still the way most people will get new games . Digital downloads
are nothing new at all and they've all be at it even the likes of Cave .

That's why the market of console has declined and the market for digital has grown considerably. Keep living in your fantasy while the rest of us lives in reality.

.No they've been digital since 2006 . What was SEGA results for
this  half of this year ? Not a loss by any chance , even with the digital
sales ?.
[size=78%]

Yawn Capcom is hardly in any stage to say their digital side has been truly succesful. Sega has been on the digital front since the early noughties by being one of the first companies of package games to make games for the mobile front. So you try again.[/size]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:18:03 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2014, 06:42:44 am »
And really back then most charts were listed by individual shopping chains at least it was in the uk like woolworths or toys r us or whoever. Its not like it was now where it was for the public.

The likes of EDGE, Mega, CVG, Sega Pro would print the charts and I can't ever recall EC selling that well .

Yet none of those Trasure games either got a sequel either despite their insistence that they didn't do sequels, if those games sold any higher than the story would have been vastly different.

Both Guardian Heroes and Gunstar Heroes got sequels . Like Treasure confirmed in a interview their games were made to be able to break even with small sales.
Sega japan really F'd up when it came to 3D games afterall PSX was riffing on the excitement genrated by the inital mdel 1 games that sega created and used the only rival to sega's mdel 1/2 games
SOJ made a few mistakes but the Saturn was able to handle great 3D and hand plenty of power and its ports Model 2 games were far the most port incredibile . SEGA lost the hype war sadly

Different era and different companies

Alex Kid is a SEGA game and he also had a Mega Drive game .

They never made any spin offs from any of their titles they made until EC came along.

Well until the Mega Drive came along SOA never really had a division to handle games In-House . Just because a game gets a spin off doesn't mean it's a sales monster . Clockwork Knight had a sequel and a spin off and it's hardly one of the Saturn best selling games

Lunar wasn't published by Sega of japan either

No and it was a system that didn't sell that great in Japan. Let Game Arts were able to make a profit a sequel and even a Game Gear spin off . In the 16 bit day's you didn't million+ selling games to turn a profit .

Yet DOA wasn't big in the west until the xbox came along.

It was massive in Japan and one of the Saturn better selling titles - SOJ didn't stop it , even if that game was more of rival to VF II than EC ever would have been .

Toshiden however was more known in the west and they supported it by publishing it

It was done to show that the Saturn could handle it and because the 1st game sold well.

That's why the market of console has declined and the market for digital has grown considerably

The console market has grown , but the UK , most of Europe and the USA simple don't have super fast broadband to enable people to download 50 gig games in a few minutes . When most people buy a game they like play it straight away , not wait hours for it download. Until the day most of the world enjoys the speeds the likes of which most of S.Korea gets we'll still be disic based for games   

Yawn Capcom is hardly in any stage to say their digital side has been truly succesful

Capcom made a profit , SEGA didn't even with it's vastly better digital offerings

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #201 on: August 07, 2014, 07:00:11 am »

The likes of EDGE, Mega, CVG, Sega Pro would print the charts and I can't ever recall EC selling that well .

That's your problem not mine.

Both Guardian Heroes and Gunstar Heroes got sequels . Like Treasure confirmed in a interview their games were made to be able to break even with small sales. SOJ made a few mistakes but the Saturn was able to handle great 3D and hand plenty of power and its ports Model 2 games were far the most port incredibile . SEGA lost the hype war sadly

Yes ten to 15 years AFTER the fact. One was official GUARDIAN HEROES still didn't get one but a psudi sequel which Sega help support. So not really the same thing.

Alex Kid is a SEGA game and he also had a Mega Drive game .

And that's where it ended. Hardly the same thing.Keep spinning. Using what was the practice for master system and trying to say that's how they did things on MD is downright ignorant.

Well until the Mega Drive came along SOA never really had a division to handle games In-House . Just because a game gets a spin off doesn't mean it's a sales monster . Clockwork Knight had a sequel and a spin off and it's hardly one of the Saturn best selling games

Twisting again? By EC they had an inhouse team making games for them. EC was there bonafide hit. So keep using games before or after that era to keep making a stupid point.

No and it was a system that didn't sell that great in Japan. Let Game Arts were able to make a profit a sequel and even a Game Gear spin off . In the 16 bit day's you didn't million+ selling games to turn a profit .
Again Gamearts was a small outfit not hardly using the practices that sega being a bigger company was using at that time. Stupid comparison.

It was massive in Japan and one of the Saturn better selling titles - SOJ didn't stop it , even if that game was more of rival to VF II than EC ever would have been .

Again soj was hardly going to tell tecmo to get lost. The more you keep arguing this point the more you keep making my case stronger. Oh we let this game on our system, oh we let toshiden on our system. But EC3 naw its not a threat to us....gimme a break...obviously it was a threat to them in the west and that's why they stopped it. Backtracking and saying that they wanted one game to be the focus and then backtracking AGAIN when i gave you the example of sega publishing toshiden S for saturn a game that was way more popular to consumers at that point than VF defeats your whole point.

It was done to show that the Saturn could handle it and because the 1st game sold well.

What toshiden? ::)

The console market has grown , but the UK , most of Europe and the USA simple don't have super fast broadband to enable people to download 50 gig games in a few minutes . When most people buy a game they like play it straight away , not wait hours for it download. Until the day most of the world enjoys the speeds the likes of which most of S.Korea gets we'll still be disic based for games   

Yet the trend has been in the modern console industry is that whatever happens in the east usually happens in the west. The shift has been going towards mobile for years now.

Capcom made a profit , SEGA didn't even with it's vastly better digital offerings

Sega made more of a profit than capcom. So keep repeating nonsense from uneducated websites..the bottom line is when the full year report comes in Capcom will have a bigger loss than Sega.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 07:04:51 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #202 on: August 07, 2014, 08:00:12 am »
That's your problem not mine.

So no source to back up your claims then , surprise , surprise

Yes ten to 15 years AFTER the fact

Still got sequels

One was official GUARDIAN HEROES still didn't get one but a psudi sequel which Sega help support.

SEGA owns the IP to both and you more than most love to play that card with Bay II and SEGA being involved .

And that's where it ended. Hardly the same thing

Again call your sell a SEGA man  ? His last main game was Alex Kid in Shinobi world .

By EC they had an inhouse team making games for them. EC was there bonafide hit.

You keep saying it was this monster hit and yet can't back it up .

Again Gamearts was a small outfit not hardly using the practices that sega being a bigger company was using at that time

Have a look at the game credits for EC and see it was made by a tiny team and see that more people worked on Lunar II .

Again soj was hardly going to tell tecmo to get lost

Why that's then ?

gimme a break...obviously it was a threat to them in the west and that's why they stopped it.
Again SOJ didn't stop EC on the Saturn - Just they wanted SOA to push VF II more as they saw Tekken and Tekken II getting really popular and felt VF II was the best answer to that . EC wasn't a threat to Mortal Kombat or SF II let alone something like Tekken

What toshiden?

1st game sold very well in Japan

Yet the trend has been in the modern console industry is that whatever happens in the east usually happens in the west

That died out years ok and now America is back leading the consoles be that with Hardware or software .

Sega made more of a profit than capcom

SEGA consumer divisions (which include digital lines) made loss I think you find

[/size]
[/size]
[/size]

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #203 on: August 07, 2014, 08:18:38 am »

So no source to back up your claims then , surprise , surprise

Why should i scan personal data sheets for your amusement? Oh wait this is coming from a guy who HARDLY backs up any of his claims he makes including this topic when three people backed their claims with evidence  and ignored them. So no i'm not going to play that game. Talking to you is like that guy columbus saying the world is round when the idiot keeps maintaining its flat even after he proved and the evidence supporting the fact. The evidence is out there to support it. From what they did, what others have said and the developers themselves. So you don't like it? Tough. Doesn't change the fact.

Still got sequels

EC got sequels a few year after the game was released proving my point that not only was it popular but big enough to get spin offs as well. Ding dong you lose once again.

SEGA owns the IP to both and you more than most love to play that card with Bay II and SEGA being involved .
Yawn stop going into tangents and deal with the actual issue at hand.

Again call your sell a SEGA man  ? His last main game was Alex Kid in Shinobi world .

His last game was ENCHANTED CASTLE, you fool because it was meant to be his transition onto another system to continue the series. AKISW wasn't even supposed to be an AK title. Any Sega man or insider KNOWS that.

You keep saying it was this monster hit and yet can't back it up .

I don't need to since i'm not the only one who has said it.

H
ave a look at the game credits for EC and see it was made by a tiny team and see that more people worked on Lunar II .

A small team in a bigger company as opposed to a small third party operating by themselves. No comparison.... ::)

Why that's then ?

. Again SOJ didn't stop EC on the Saturn - Just they wanted SOA to push VF II more as they saw Tekken and Tekken II getting really popular and felt VF II was the best answer to that . EC wasn't a threat to Mortal Kombat or SF II let alone something like Tekken

They did the creator of the game even said it. So stop acting like you know more than the people who were working in the company at the time. You are such a joke. "Kalinske never did this"..then a book with over 200 interviews BACKS up the things you said he was lying about comes out. "SOJ didn't do that it was SOA" over the 32x..when the people involved said it was SOJ's idea from the very beginning.

"SOJ never stopped SOA"..when its CLEAR from what the games came out and lack of that it was  evident that SOJ did hinder SOA operations from physical evidence to people saying it who worked their at the time. So get with it man and stop acting like SOJ is the be all and end all. SOJ couldn't manage themselves out of a bin let alone operate a successful console which they never really did.

1st game sold very well in Japan
Not in america it didn't. That's the point SOJ wanted the game of VF to sell big  in america. It didn't despite trying to stop any other game from SOA...

That died out years ok and now America is back leading the consoles be that with Hardware or software .

No it hasn't. Mobile gaming was big in japan first before it was in the west..look what we got today!The same exact thing in the west. .market trends in electronic entertainment has always been dictated by Japan from DVD to mobile.

SEGA consumer divisions (which include digital lines) made loss I think you find

Not compared to capcom. as a company and a divsion. Keep using that card like i said their division is bigger and has more companies making more profit. Which was shown in the report.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:32:07 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #204 on: August 07, 2014, 10:39:29 am »
Why should i scan personal data sheets for your amusement
No I like to see how well the game done . I don't buy it sold 2 million copies that Sega Retro says it did . It no doubt sold well enough to make a nice profit and more than 500,000 copies , but I seem to remember Mortal Kombat on the MD selling way way more
EC got sequels a few year after the game was released proving my point that not only was it popular
JSR got a sequel and even a spin off , is that game a sales monster ?
stop going into tangents and deal with the actual issue at hand
Don't like the IP game now then lol
His last game was ENCHANTED CASTLE

No that came out in 89, not Alex Kid last game , that would come a year latter.
A small team in a bigger company as opposed to a small third party operating by themselves[/quote[/font][size=78%]][/size][/size].[/color]
Yes and that means Game Arts had to try and break even with each game , and it was able to do that even on a system like the Mega CD. So in the 16 bit days you didn't million sellers
They did the creator of the game even said it
To focus on VF as the main franchise. If SOA believed in the project it could have just pushed ahead and go with it with out Japan backing, more so as the game never sold well in Japan at all . 
"SOJ didn't do that it was SOA" over the 32x..when the people involved said it was SOJ's idea from the very beginning.
Noone said it wasn't SOJ idea to try and counter the 3DO and Jaguar or try and look into making a cheaper Saturn . It was SOA that pushed ahead with the 32X after those original plans by SOJ were dropped and they pushed ahead with the Saturn
Not in america it didn't
It did ok, but SOJ picked the game up and reprogrammed it and that was done to show the Saturn could handle it and because the game sold ok in Japan

No it hasn't. Mobile gaming was big in japan first before it was in the west.

Who invented consoles, mobile , java and the like . I tell you now it wasn't the Japanese, sure they may have embraced mobile gaming more at 1st , but the West leads the design and innovations... even SONY new console is all made with Western designed CPU's and GPU

[/size]
Not compared to capcom. as a company and a divsion  [/quote[/size][size=78%]][/size][/font] 

I think the Arcade side of SEGA made a loss too . Either way Capcom consumer line made a profit and SEGA's didn't

[/size][size=78%]

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #205 on: August 07, 2014, 10:55:29 am »

No I like to see how well the game done . I don't buy it sold 2 million

Don't then its not my problem but yours. I however don't need a magazine telling me or others how well a game sold. Like i said i'm not the only one saying this.

No that came out in 89, not Alex Kid last game , that would come a year latter.

Read properly. ALEX KIDD IN SHINOBI WORLD wasn't originally a AK game they changed it last minute. So technically AKIEC is the last proper AK game AKISW is really a side game and even than it wasn't supposed to be Alex Kidd originally. So keep on spinnning your stupid lies. ::)

To focus on VF as the main franchise. If SOA believed in the project it could have just pushed ahead and go with it with out Japan backtracking yet again blah blah blah...

Not really worth my time..you lost the argument on three points

You already LOST the 32x argument

You alreadly LOST the Kalinske argument

And you already lost the SOJvs SOA argument as well. There is no point going back to revist old ground. Especially when it has nothing to do with this topic.

Who invented consoles, mobile , java and the like . I tell you now it wasn't the Japanese,blah blah blah missing the point and spinning once again

Yet the japanese market is fives years ahead when it comes to certain tech. As  i said market trends seem to follow japan rather than the usa. so keep going into something NO ONE even said.

Again you already LOST the topic. All you are doing is trying to prolong it so you can come up with things to win by. There's no point since i can't be bothered anymore. We all had our fun but we(meaning the people who argued the case against you including myself) can't be bothered with it any longer. Got something called a job and a life to get back to...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 11:00:22 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #206 on: August 07, 2014, 04:07:32 pm »
I however don't need a magazine telling me or others how well a game

LOL yeah right ...

ALEX KIDD IN SHINOBI WORLD wasn't originally a AK game they changed it last minute

Since you're playing and counting the spin off games , I will too so the MD title wasn't the last Alex Kidd game at all.

Not really worth my time..you lost the argument on three points You already LOST the 32x argument You alreadly LOST the Kalinske argument

More like you can never back up your claims . 32X was SEGA America baby

Yet the japanese market is fives years ahead when it comes to certain tech

When it comes to mobiles and consoles Western products now lead the field and its their chips and R&D that's leading the field be that AMD, Intel  and the likes of NVidia for the PC and Consoles or the likes of ARM, Power VR and the like for the phones and now more telling Western developers have taken over Japanese developers for tech and AAA games .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #207 on: August 08, 2014, 04:33:14 am »

LOL yeah  ...im talking rubbish...

And that's the end of it as i said a post before. Now stick to the subject or don't bother posting at all.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #208 on: August 13, 2014, 09:22:15 am »
And that's the end of it as

No back up what you say and don't you the cop out 'I know'

Back in the early 1990's other than magazine chats and what SEGA would release to the press in terms of sales , they was no way of getting sales data and even then the sales data in those wasn't always that great.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #209 on: August 13, 2014, 12:04:04 pm »

BLAH BLAH BLAH GOTTA KEEP UP SOMETHING BLAH BLAH BLAH.

You're still here?