Author Topic: Why does SOJ show Sonic such contempt?  (Read 48956 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Why does SOJ show Sonic such contempt?
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2014, 06:30:25 am »
As for ECCO. If anyone believes ECCO was a moderate hit..a Game Sega not only made a sequel out of but bloody created enhanced SEGA CD versions out of for both titles..and followed up by a third game for kids which Sega Japan picked up(SOJ rarely localised SOA titles but the ones that they did were the ones that sold well in the american market including KID CHAMELEON) needs their head examined.

CHAKAN THE FOREVER MAN was a moderate hit. That game was getting the CD release version. And it didn't come to be mainly due to licensing and thatt hey decided it wasn't a strong seller to justify the enhanced version. Sega of America only went with titles that had strong sales on Genesis...That's why SPIDER MAN CD existed. That's why ECCO existed and a few others. Because they weren't going to spend millions on a moderate hit to create stuff for CD. And they wanted people to get the MCD as well as to fill out the libary. From SOA only the big sellers got the CD treatement...ECCO, SPIDER MAN, JOE MONTANA and ETERNAL CHAMPIONS. And the latter two were n't straight ports unlike the others.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2014, 06:38:36 am »
NPD also declared that between 1991 and 1994, Sega sold more software and hardware than Nintendo in the USA.

Nintendo taked that spot between 95 and 97 but nothing compare to those years because PSX and N64 were the players choice in that era.

That's SoA with Kalinske in a nutshell.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2014, 06:54:54 am »
NPD also declared that between 1991 and 1994, Sega sold more software and hardware than Nintendo in the USA.

Nintendo taked that spot between 95 and 97 but nothing compare to those years because PSX and N64 were the players choice in that era.

That's SoA with Kalinske in a nutshell.

4 years as opposed to three..and Nintendo fans think they won the console war? LOL! The console war to me was 1990-95 and Sega whipped Nintendo's butt year in year out. 96-97 doesn't even count because by then PSX was in the picture. The real meat of the era was during those years and Sega outsold SNES by a large margin. The only one who will have problems with those facts are Nintendo zealots...

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2014, 11:17:53 am »
That isn't 2 billion sales..which i never said.
You don't even know what you type do you ? I just quoted what you said . Sorry even now , half the world doesn't own consoles, never mind back in the mid 1990's 
NPD also declared that between 1991 and 1994, Sega sold more software and hardware than Nintendo in the USA
Total in 'worldwide' sales and Nintendo was way out in front . SEGA never had more 'Worldwide' marketshare than Nintendo in the 16 bit era, the 8 bit, or  for any era SEGA was making console Hardware .
As for ECCO. If anyone believes ECCO was a moderate hit..a Game Sega not only made a sequel out of but bloody created enhanced SEGA CD versions out of for both titles
Sigh... It was the 16 bit era , when games never needed to sell millions of copies - thanks to small teams and small development times . I can make a huge list of 16 bit games that got sequels , but never sold in massive numbers. You're going to say Chuck Rock was a massive seller, Wonderboy, Castlevania IV , Aero The Bat, Phantasy Star II, Busby , World Championship  Soccer , Earnest Evans were massive sellers - Games which in most cases, either had a direct sequel or various spin off's (like with Earnest Evans).

If a game sold over 150,000 or 200,000 copies that was more than enough

From SOA only the big sellers got the CD treatement...ECCO, SPIDER MAN, JOE MONTANA and ETERNAL CHAMPIONS. And the latter two were n't straight ports unlike the others.

Hardly. Adv Of Batman was not a massive seller on the MD, After Burner II was not a massive seller onthe MD . Joe Montana was a great seller I'll give you that , shame it flopped on the Mega CD (mainly to playing far worse than the Cart based versions)

Nintendo won if you can call it winning because of Japan..Sega had the rest of the market including Americ
Nintendo had more most of Europe and Japan to call it own with the Snes . For sure the Mega Drive beat the Snes in the UK and for a large part of the 16 bit battle in the USA . Like with MS and 360 really

« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:19:30 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2014, 11:25:34 am »
I think you are mixing something.

I have friends in Europe who have lived in that era and this is what they say to me about that time: "Gameboy was the portable console that every kid has and Mega Drive was the home console that everyone has".

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2014, 05:10:23 pm »
I don't think you're right about Europe and the SNES. Maybe in Germany, but the rest of [size=78%]Europe was Sega's roost to rule throughout the 8 bit and 16 bit eras, TA.[/size]

Also: Nintendo's worldwide share of course includes the NES, which was still doing respectable business through much of the 16 bit era.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:13:27 pm by jonboy101 »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2014, 03:32:47 am »

I have friends in Europe who have lived in that era and this is what they say to me about that time: "Gameboy was the portable console that every kid has and Mega Drive was the home console that everyone has".

What's this I know have a friend in Europe?  and they lived in the era. I started my gaming life in 1984 after playing my Cousins ZX Spectrum 48k and then the following Christmas got my Zx Spectrum 128k+ . So I've like a most lived though the 8bit, 16 bit and 32 bit era's . Now some of us in the UK could make out that the ZX Spectrum was king and massive  back in the day (which it was) but other people from Europe would paint a different picture and say the C64 was king

Europe is a massive place for starters and there's some parts of Europe that SEGA was strong and other's it wasn't in both the 8bit and 16 bit days . SEGA Mega Drive did very well in UK (where is truly smashed the Snes by over a million units) and even in 1995 had the biggest share of the UK gaming market , in the likes of France and Germany however.... it was a different story and that's where Nintendo and the Snes was king .... It's why some of the most sort after and rarest Pal games are the ones that only came out in the likes of Germany (Soul Blazer) due the bigger market for Snes games in those territories 

Looking over that, the ,Worldwide, gaming market share was Nintendo's . SEGA suffered some a lot of the issues that MS and 360 did in the Mega Drive era . Not doing well in Japan, not doing well in parts of Europe (ie Germany and France) but the best selling consoles in the UK and the USA (well for many years)

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2014, 04:10:19 am »

He is he's spinning. The SNES was a distant second in Britian and most of Europe. But let's clarify something.
When the game industry is talking about europe they are really talking about the UK because that's the third biggest market. Europe is included due to territory reasons...but the sales really are coming from the UK. You just have to see the sales of Sega's PC stuff to know where the sales are coming from and who they are counting.

So ewith the UK in mind...the MD dominated the UK and the rest of Europe. As did the MS before it. Nintendo never got a foot in on Europe until the Gameboy came alony. TheNES only started selling in the UK after ther Turtles came out and Nintendo happened to have the game as an exclusive from Ultra games(the old eighties one) The SNES sold beter than the NES but was no way near the sales of the MD. TA doesn't know because he wasn't at gaming back then. Anyone who was gaming during that era KNOWS Sega ruled Europe and the UK. The liar slips up once again. TA is one of these people that came into gaming after FF7 and brought into the hype that Sony was spinning that Sony and Sony alone made games mainstream and all that crap. Like these pretenders they then believe the myth about games in the gamer fanbase IE Sega lost the war. Well i proved they didn't and i can tell you that Sega ruled Europe. Anyone from that era KNOWS that.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2014, 04:12:49 am »
I don't think you're right about Europe and the SNES. Maybe in Germany, but the rest of [size=78%]Europe was Sega's roost to rule throughout the 8 bit and 16 bit eras, TA.[/size]

Also: Nintendo's worldwide share of course includes the NES, which was still doing respectable business through much of the 16 bit era.

JB we both know he's not right about Europe. He can't back up his facts like i can and always do. As i said before Sega won the console war. Nintendo only beat sega after the market shifted towards 32x. Sega beat nintendo for over EIGHT years in a row in the years when the console war did matter. So you tell me who won the console war. Sega does what Nintendo cant!

Offline ROJM

« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2014, 04:14:36 am »
You don't even know what you type do you ?blah blah blah

You are officially an idiot and a simpleton. Go home and reflect your life you false gamer. Its bad enough you twist and lie but you can't frigging back up ANY of you're false statements and now are spinning about Europe.

I'm done with this false gamer..gentlemen?

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2014, 06:09:37 am »
He is he's spinning. The SNES was a distant second in Britian and most of Europe
Take the time to read what people say . I said the Mega Drive smashed the Snes in the UK, in the likes of Germany and more so France (where Nintendo always do well) that wasn't the case - Much like the XBox 360 to be honest.
As i said before Sega won the console war.
SEGA beat Nintendo hands down in the UK and USA (for the key period ) it didn't win the war or win the battle for worldwide market share. That is where Nintendo beat SEGA and a hell of a lot of that is down the MD dismal sales in Japan Vs the Super Famicom amazing sales.
TA is one of these people that came into gaming after FF7
I don't even like Square or the PS console and  and still to this day, never owned a PS . Sorry forget SONY, SEGA and Nintendo . I started gaming with the ZX Spectrum and the Intellivision.
Sony was spinning that Sony and Sony alone made games mainstream and all that crap.
I'm not a fan of SONY, would have much rathered seen SEGA stick with the XBox and for SEGA Japan back the 360 and XBox One  far that they did or are doing - You're the one that's campaigning for SEGA sticking with Sony, not me.

Like these pretenders they then believe the myth about games in the gamer

Is this coming from the one (along with Nirmugen)  That makes out I'm not a fan of the Mega CD don't own one Ect
 Yet me show you a bit of Mega CD love for starters ....

Sorry to kill a dream, but when it came to SEGA on Master System, Mega CD and Saturn I was there right from the start and simply loved the Mega CD and SEGA Saturn (and still to this day do)

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2014, 09:11:01 am »
Keep on talking that same old shite...

Yawn..

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2014, 05:24:26 am »
Yuzo Koshiro gets to handle a Pac-Man song in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U while Sonic doesn't get ONE new arrangement at all. This is a bigger injustice to Sonic than Rise of Lyric ever could be! j/k But really, how much of a say have SEGA had on what Sonic songs could be used in that game, I wonder?