Author Topic: What would you like Yu Suzuki to do after Shenmue 3?  (Read 11122 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: What would you like Yu Suzuki to do after Shenmue 3?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2015, 05:04:33 pm »
It would be interesting if Suzuki became some sort of Masahiro Sakurai-type figure to Sega. Works on the occasional project for them.

Oh man.

OH MAN.

I'm going to hate you if this doesn't happen.

(Get him working on Fighters Megamix 2.)

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2015, 05:16:21 pm »
Oh man.

OH MAN.

I'm going to hate you if this doesn't happen.

(Get him working on Fighters Megamix 2.)

Heh, he said that he didn't like the concept of the game in the first place (likes things to be pure)

He is only really attached to projects were he was director (where is credited as YS). Bet people will be dissapointed when people find out that he doesn't have much desire to go back to  IP where he was producer...

What I'm saying is he wants to something new. There's a reason why he was hands off on OutRun 2 and Virtua Fighter 4.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 05:18:17 pm by Trippled »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2015, 05:18:11 pm »
Heh, he said that he didn't like the concept of the game in the first place (likes things to be pure)

He is only really attached to projects were he was director (where is credited as YS). Bet people will be dissapointed when people when people that he doesn't have much desire to go back to  IP where he was producer...

What I'm saying is he wants to something new. There's a reason why he was hands off on OutRun 2 and Virtua Fighter 4.

Oh I know, I just would love a crossover fighting game from him.

He gets SEGA more than most developers at SEGA. He'd be perfect for it.

(I'd like if he expanded on Pure Breed)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2015, 05:19:22 pm »
Make Shenmue 4 and 5 I guess.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2015, 05:24:57 pm »
Even when he was avaible as an advisory and supervisory role he just didn't give much advice unless people ask.

Ah well, there is always the possibility that he doesn't want to be innovative, but simply produce a game that feels fun to play.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2015, 07:36:23 pm »
I hope that Shenmue 3 is an incredible success and SEGA see's the true value of their IP and funds Shenmue 4 and possibly 5... Yu Suzuki is worth more than scrimping and saving and fund begging... Although I'm more than happy that he is doing so.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2015, 08:55:27 pm »
I hope that Shenmue 3 is an incredible success and SEGA see's the true value of their IP and funds Shenmue 4 and possibly 5... Yu Suzuki is worth more than scrimping and saving and fund begging... Although I'm more than happy that he is doing so.

Ehh, it's like any medium. The most talented people aren't necessarily the most successful. Do you think Michael Bay is the best director in the world? But he still gets the biggest budgets.

If anything this is the best thing for Suzuki, he's got more freedom when it's crowdfunded rather than having a publisher over your shoulder trying to make it more profitable at the expense of your creative vision.

I'd love him to flesh out some more ideas he had, either fueled by success of Shenmue or another Kickstarter fund.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2015, 11:08:07 pm »
This has to be a success in my opinion or we might not see 4 and 5. The ball needs to keep rolling as it were.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2015, 06:57:18 am »
Make Shenmue 4 and to make a racer . Both of which will have nothing do with SEGA  :(
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Trippled

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2015, 07:51:45 am »
In my fanfiction world, Sega would step in promote Shenmue 3 with a Yu Suzuki collection on Ps4/Pc and have interview with all the AM2 staff he worked with back then.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2015, 07:52:02 am »
In my fanfiction world, Sega would step in promote Shenmue 3 with a Yu Suzuki collection on Ps4/Pc and have interview with all the AM2 staff he worked with back then.

God that would be amazing. HD re-release of OutRun, Space Harrier, Virtua Fighter, et;al.
Just make it like the Mega Drive collection and cram as many games as you can onto one disc and it will be awesome.

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2015, 06:37:14 pm »
As long as Shenmue is finished properly, I'm okay if he wants to retire. Those concepts do sound cool, though.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2015, 06:40:59 pm »
As long as Shenmue is finished properly, I'm okay if he wants to retire. Those concepts do sound cool, though.

What I'm wondering is, does he want to retire, or is he the kind of guy that just keeps on wanting to tinker with his ideas forever?

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2015, 07:10:05 pm »
Probably tinker. He'll likely keep at it for a long time, I imagine. I mean, YS Net has done Shenmue Gai, Virtua Fighter Fever Combo, and now Shenmue III. Before III, they only did two phone games. Bet work has been pretty easy over there...