Author Topic: Splatoon |OT| What is Street Culture?  (Read 81807 times)

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
Re: Splatoon |OT| What is Street Culture?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2014, 12:56:20 pm »
This game is going to be phenomenal. Hopefully it does something for the WiiU's adoption. Though I think Nintendo is already exploring next console options.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 05:41:59 am »
Lol what the hell is that? Sounds pretty good :p But okay its a bit different. I wouldnt call it minimalistic though, very cool and unique melodies in the music. The song that plays in the beginning (from the first trailer) sounds a bit more like naganuma's work from JSR though. Either way i'm getting a bit of a SEGA vibe from it.

The beginning track doesn't have enough to be judged if the work is similar to Naganuma. Distorted vocals and sounds isn't really just his thing which makes me think you're linking genres like techno and mixing them up for being like.

And yes Technicix plus other Playstation 2 era dance rhythm games have a lot of tunes that fall under that type of music. Naganuma's is probably the most mainstream in gaming.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2015, 08:41:55 am »
So this is the best new multiplayer game I've played in a long time.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 09:13:53 am »
Was just going to post something at the current thoughts thread.

The demo just reignited my thoughts and confirmed them. There's just so many good things I can say about this game. One thing is that it does really feel like im finding myself in familiar ground. As a SEGA fan im really down with the aesthetics and music. The gameplay is fresh as hell. Honestly i cant recall playing something this different.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2015, 12:14:37 pm »

I guess people really liked what they played from the server test. :V

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 03:52:18 pm »
Played a bit more. I was having fun in my last session but this time I found that there's a lot more to it. Nintendo's internal hasnt made a new IP in a while, and I thought this could be a nice change finally. But it didnt expect them to nail it this much. This kind of IP is exactly what I missed from them

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2015, 03:54:30 pm »
Fun, but not $60 fun. I wont be buying it unless I can find it for $30 or less eventually.

If I never find it for that price, then so be it. Plenty of other games that I find to be more fun that will keep me busy.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2015, 04:11:48 pm »
Good game, just wish it was on Steam/XBone/PS4. I always have issues with Wii U's online and this is no different.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2015, 04:18:17 pm »
Good game, just wish it was on Steam/XBone/PS4. I always have issues with Wii U's online and this is no different.

I was getting a lot of connection errors too.

Offline George

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2015, 04:22:32 pm »
Yeah after looking online there where older posts about those type of error messages related to Smash Bros Wii U and people said 'I get the error message 9 out of 10 times I try to play a game.' and someone replied that its normal and is a server issue.

90% errors to play a game is normal.

Only Nintendo.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2015, 04:57:51 pm »
Fair enough complaits. Had the same issue in my 1st session. Last one was flawless though. I wonder how many were joining this "stresstest". I understand that they kept each session short on purpose to have lots of people gather in the short time.

Either way, even if the game runs flawless. I agree that the wii u isnt the best platform for social stuff.  I think I read something about something coming in fall to fix that

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2015, 10:17:48 pm »
The online play ran really well, the disconnections (even though it didn't happen that much for me personally) are probably the biggest problem I had when I played the Testfire. I'll probably get it later this year.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:19:54 pm by Chaosmaster8753 »

Offline George

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2015, 01:58:56 am »
Here is the commercial Nintendo will air for Splatoon, basically reminds me of the 90s. I dunno if this marketing is going to work for them...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oynGf9-T1UA

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2015, 03:06:45 am »
I thought the demo was ok. Fun for 10 mins and then one gets bored with it , kind of like OutTriggers really
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2015, 10:48:19 am »
I thought the demo was ok. Fun for 10 mins and then one gets bored with it , kind of like OutTriggers really
outTrigger was amazing but.