Author Topic: Splatoon |OT| What is Street Culture?  (Read 82140 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: Splatoon |OT| What is Street Culture?
« Reply #180 on: June 09, 2015, 11:18:56 pm »
The games aren't even alike outside of Nintendo trying to copy SEGA's style and making it for kids. So go ahead and drink your hateraid.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #181 on: June 09, 2015, 11:43:59 pm »
What hatorade?  I love all kinds of games and all kinds of companies.  I own a PS4 and a Wiiu and enjoy them both very much.  Dark Souls and Bloodborne are some of my favorites.  It seems to be you and Pivorash that can't discard your antiquated hatred of Nintendo for whatever reason.

You guys accuse them of foul business practices yet mock their failure with the Wiiu in the same breath.  The whole reason for this amiibo strategy is to dig them out of the hole they've dug for themselves.  Would you prefer they just become a pitiful developer of mobile games like some other companies I won't mention?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #182 on: June 09, 2015, 11:47:59 pm »
Yeah, even tho I own a Wii U and New 3DS, I must really hate Nintendo or something. I actually just defended the sales of the Wii U in another thread, as well. It almost seems like I can't dislike BAD PRACTICES in the industry because I must hate all the things Nintendo does. Because Nintendo can't be called out.

You seem super butt hurt about me calling out Nintendo on bad  DLC practices. Funny how Nintendo is also making mobile games soon.... more thanks that they are copying 'that company you won't mention in'.

When did I say that I disliked the game or even called it a 'bad game'? My points where that it has really shady that Nintendo is locking on disc content for a game that already has too little content (which you agreed it does) to toys that kids (who most people here say this game is aimed for) can't even buy. Not only that Nintendo Europe actually is selling the game for less than America.

But hey, if that means 'I hate the game' then whatever.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:52:25 pm by George »

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #183 on: June 09, 2015, 11:53:19 pm »
Well color me surprised that you own their hardware.  Forgive me for assuming otherwise given your stance on almost every issue in this topic.  It seems ridiculous to miss out on a fantastic game like Splatoon for the reasons you've mentioned previously.

New trailer has just surfaced featuring night stages btw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PsBfxHrQHY

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #184 on: June 09, 2015, 11:56:20 pm »
You seem super butt hurt about me calling out Nintendo on bad  DLC practices. . .

When did I say that I disliked the game or even called it a 'bad game'? My points where that it has really shady that Nintendo is locking on disc content for a game that already has too little content (which you agreed it does) to toys that kids (who most people here say this game is aimed for) can't even buy. Not only that Nintendo Europe actually is selling the game for less than America.

But hey, if that means 'I hate the game' then whatever.

We have argued multiple times that this so called "locked on-disc content" is never essential.  The bonus missions are just retreads of the single player missions with you forced to use a certain weapon.  I don't think this breaks Nintendo's promise to never hide desirable content behind a "dlc paywall" at all.  They are extra features that are a bonus to the cool figurines bought.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #185 on: June 09, 2015, 11:59:51 pm »
Pivorash? That couldn't have been a mistake, lol.

I'm not a Nintendo hater, I mean, have you not seen my "Nintendo Bookshelf"? I'm merely on the same boat as George, I see what Nintendo is doing and will become because let's face it, they need the easy buck.

I just hate how many people tear into companies for bad DLC practices and yet do a 180 or look the other way when Nintendo does it, it's bs.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #186 on: June 10, 2015, 12:04:21 am »
Pivorash? That couldn't have been a mistake, lol.

I'm not a Nintendo hater, I mean, have you not seen my "Nintendo Bookshelf"? I'm merely on the same boat as George, I see what Nintendo is doing and will become because let's face it, they need the easy buck.

I just hate how many people tear into companies for bad DLC practices and yet do a 180 or look the other way when Nintendo does it, it's bs.

Then why is seeing hideki's twitter full of splatoon stuff or a JGR splatoon cross over "sad"?  Why say things like "nintendo fans buy anything?" 

You guys are sending very mixed messages. 

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #187 on: June 10, 2015, 08:03:44 am »
Its funny that Sonic Lost World is 'ripping off' Mario, but Codename: STEAM and Splatoon are just giving off a 'Valkyria Chronicles' and 'JSR' vibe. Must be good being Nintendo.

The games aren't even alike outside of Nintendo trying to copy SEGA's style and making it for kids. So go ahead and drink your hateraid.

I don't know what STEAM is, but Splatoon looks pretty different to JSR apart from the paint and some clothing.

Sonic Lost World looked a lot more like Mario Galaxy in terms of the world designs/gimmicks from what I saw. I think both are silly comparisons, but I would hardly say Splatoon 'Rips off' JSR. I'm genuinely surprised people are making all this fanart, I never saw the connection myself. :/

Are you saying they should be blasted for 'ripping off' JSR, or saying they are nothing alike apart from a vague 'vibe' though?

Seeing something like that bums me out.

Me too. I want another JSR, but it's never EVER going to happen.

You guys accuse them of foul business practices yet mock their failure with the Wiiu in the same breath.  The whole reason for this amiibo strategy is to dig them out of the hole they've dug for themselves.  Would you prefer they just become a pitiful developer of mobile games like some other companies I won't mention?

Dude, you need to knock this off. Didn't you grow up a Sega fan playing Football Manager on your Sega Saturn like the rest of us? Next you'll be saying that Total War wasn't your favourite Sega franchise on the Mega Drive. Not to mention their great new IPs like Jack motherfucking LUMBER.

For real though, Sega do still make Yakuza which is Godlike (even if they don't translate it), and Virtua Fighter 6 is coming, oh yes. While not traditional Sega franchises, I'm also one of the only people here who likes Company of Heroes 2 and Total War games used to be good as well. It's not quite fair to call them mobile phone developers, as much as I like to do so myself, there is some good left in Sega. Not much, but some.

As for the Amiibo thing, I don't get this hatred towards it. It's like a figurine that adds very minor content to your game :/ I don't really feel it's shady, although I dont' know how much it actually unlocks. I understand it's pretty basic fluff content that isn't really important (much like Sega's costume packs for VF5 and it's related single player content)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #188 on: June 10, 2015, 08:43:34 am »
While the Splatoon/JSR mash-ups are cute, I think its a disservice to both franchises to constantly compare them. JSR is so much different from Splatoon in concept, art style, and attitude. Both look funky and are colorful, that's about it. It's like saying Fooly Cooly and Adventure Time are the same because they are both colorful and offbeat. Ah well, whatever makes people happy. :P

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #189 on: June 10, 2015, 08:53:36 am »
Well color me surprised that you own their hardware.  Forgive me for assuming otherwise given your stance on almost every issue in this topic.  It seems ridiculous to miss out on a fantastic game like Splatoon for the reasons you've mentioned previously.

New trailer has just surfaced featuring night stages btw!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PsBfxHrQHY
When is this happening? Awesome music btw. I imagine it sounds even better without the silly vocals

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2015, 10:14:55 am »
new stage tomorrow https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/608584191995965440

It's like saying Fooly Cooly and Adventure Time are the same because they are both colorful and offbeat.

Say what.  They have a lot more in common than AT and FLCL, hence all the mashups.  If you feel like those similarities are shallow, then so be it.  But to say something like this is just plain wrong. 

And a disservice to both games?  Freaking please.  Splatoon is reminding people all over the world that JGR even exists. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:18:25 am by Radrappy »

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2015, 11:21:51 am »
Then why is seeing hideki's twitter full of splatoon stuff or a JGR splatoon cross over "sad"?  Why say things like "nintendo fans buy anything?" 

You guys are sending very mixed messages. 

Because they do, haha.

Here's another attempt at a cash-grab by Nintendo.. Can they at least try to hide it?

http://kotaku.com/https-www-youtube-com-watch-v-c2l8cfafrvc-the-action-1710342209

Hyrule Warriors for the 3DS, really..
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #192 on: June 10, 2015, 11:30:27 am »
^Why is that bad? 3DS has a much larger fan-base than Wii-U I imagine, probably a lot of people who didn't/couldn't play it on Wii U can play it on 3DS. Some people might love it and want it on the go?

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #193 on: June 10, 2015, 12:44:16 pm »
While the Splatoon/JSR mash-ups are cute, I think its a disservice to both franchises to constantly compare them. JSR is so much different from Splatoon in concept, art style, and attitude. Both look funky and are colorful, that's about it. It's like saying Fooly Cooly and Adventure Time are the same because they are both colorful and offbeat. Ah well, whatever makes people happy. :P

I can't speak on the steed of the Jet Set Radio development team but whenever I'm told that Brock is like Megaman and Jazz Jackrabbit I die a little inside : <

Okay not really since I'm a fan of both but I definitely agree with the sentiment here!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:47:30 pm by Aki-at »

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #194 on: June 10, 2015, 12:50:27 pm »
Can we please leave the "You just hate *blank*" arguments at the kindergarten?