Author Topic: Creative Assembly is making Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One, Windows 10)  (Read 25772 times)

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
Re: Creative Assembly is making Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One, Windows 10)
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2015, 12:45:35 pm »
True (returning to the topic in question).

I don't know if the 2008-2012 was a stand-out period but we have from that a bunch of new IP's, sequels, deals and more importantly: the revival of the Sonic franchise in the public eye. All of this handled with the thinking minds of Europe and the Horrible marketing by America.

Often companies which make cuts and fired employees in a transformation situation, found something to grown just like SEGA found overall in 2008 and in the mobile market in 2012.

Maybe this year we could see something like that with the Pro-localization projects like Miku, DFC ,Yakuza 5 and the Atlus help; and also the deals/projects like the ones with Games Workshop and Microsoft. TWO big deals in better hands than the ones with Marvel ,Platinum and the Olympics those past years with the American output.

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2015, 02:31:52 pm »
I just think most would simply agree that in the West Sega did better at simply releasing more quality games from 2008 onwards. From the periods of 2008-2012, Sega imply tried harder, than 2013-2015. This doesn't just go to Sega of Japan, but across Sega West as well.

This is being (and will be) a good year in my opinion. And Timmit is right, no more spam guys.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2015, 04:37:05 pm »
True (returning to the topic in question).

*nothing about Halo Wars 2*
smioewoinwe5tuibefswadnoisfvniopeorwinererwa

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2015, 02:35:13 am »
I just think most would simply agree that in the West Sega did better at simply releasing more quality games from 2008 onwards. From the periods of 2008-2012, Sega imply tried harder, than 2013-2015. This doesn't just go to Sega of Japan, but across Sega West as well.

I wouldn't go that far . BD is one of the best games SEGA ever made in its life time . VT 4 is a top game and Sonic Gen and Colors we brilliant games, but its just so hit and miss with SOJ  of late SEGA is to me every like RARE - There's the odd spark of magic and you still hope you'll see their glory days return, but they you play a replay collection and you see and remember how good these corps used to be and look at their current output and can't help but be disappointed

I guess there's hope that both corps will return to form in time
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2015, 05:00:12 am »
Fair enough, just dont think that has anything to do with R&D, they could be spending just as much money on mobile as they are with anything else, whor really knows.

Sorry, for off topic

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2015, 05:26:43 am »
Alright this topic is for Halo Wars 2, if you guys wanna talk about terms you guys use to discribe SEGA's Japanese output from 1982-mid 2000's than make a new topic.