Author Topic: Why can't SEGA rerelease Power Stone?  (Read 3981 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Why can't SEGA rerelease Power Stone?
« on: February 16, 2011, 01:52:11 pm »
With the release of the Dreamcast Collection upcoming, I've noted a load of comments elsewhere on the net from [s:2lxres7k]idiots[/s:2lxres7k] ill-informed gamers who believe that if a game was released on the Dreamcast, then it is owned by SEGA and can be rereleased by them. It gives me a headache to scroll through comment after comment asking why SEGA doesn't have games like Mortal Combat Gold or Power Stone 2 in the Dreamcast collection.

My call to action is that if you see one of these comments, be an annoying geek and correct them by giving the correct developer and owner of the game, then tell that why SEGA cannot go ahead and rerelease a game like Code: Veronica or Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
Re: Why can't SEGA rerelease Power Stone?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 12:42:44 pm »
You mean I wasted all that time writing angry letters to SEGA for nothing?  :)  I suppose next you're going to tell me that my petition for Street Fighter 2: Special Champion Edition to be included in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on DLC is a waste of time.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 12:53:06 pm »
FACT: Every game released on a SEGA console is fully owned by SEGA.

FACT: When SEGA announces a new game, like Anarchy Reigns, and people reply "RELEASE SHENMUE 3!", SEGA reads those comments and takes them seriously.

Offline Essay

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 10:32:52 pm »
Oh, man.  For a second I thought you were serious.  :shock:
I was thinking to myself:  Yeah, I'm going to sit this one out...Barry seems like a nice, intelligent guy...I'm not going to be the one to break it to him that this isn't possible.

What a relief.  :mrgreen:

...Those poor posters you speak of though.  Ack.  Ah, well.  There's always a lot of misconceptions for everything.

I suppose to be fair to the second "Fact," enough voices will allow certain changes to happen.  NiGHTS for Wii, Sonic 4's minor changes prior to release, possibly Shenmue City all likely wouldn't have happened unless there were enough fans clamoring/complaining about it.

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 11:44:05 pm »
SEGA may not take the comments seriously, but they for sure don't go unnoticed. The community team knows all too well that the demand for Shenmue is a big one. So, while the suits may not see the comments, the feedback online is passed up through the chain of command, or at least that's what the community team says.

As for Shenmue Gai, I think Yu wants to finish the story as badly, if not worse than the fans want a third game. He created his own studio, and their first project is Shenmue. That isn't fan service, that's a man wanting to see his project through, no matter how many baby steps he has to take to achieve his goal.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 04:12:45 am »
I'm still waiting for Sega to re-release my illegal emulator disc I had for Dreamcast.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 08:43:09 am »
I wasted ten minutes yesterday replying to Amazon.com customer comments on the Dreamcast Collection, correcting those requesting the collection include Power Stone and Mortal Kombat. What have I become? :(

Nah, but srsly, I agree that "shenmue 3 please!" comments don't go completely unnoticed, however it would be great if more people talked about the game at hand rather than requesting a game that SEGA knows full well people want. I doubt a majority of the "shenmue 3!!!" people on facebook have actually played any Platinum Games releases.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 09:04:01 am »
If people thought that the collection was more games no released or announced for PSN/XBLA they where dreaming.

Also love the 'THEY SHOULD PUT 50 GAMES LIKE GENESIS COLLECTION FOR SAME PRICE'

Ah.. alright. Sony should put 50 games in one package for 60 because SEGA put 50 Genesis games...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 09:16:39 am »
Yeah, it seems people fail to think of the company side of things. Of course, that then makes me wonder how old they actually are or what their mental capacity is. 50 Dreamcast games on one disc for $30 would be (A) a huge loss in profit on SEGA's part, (B) impossible, considering the size of a Dreamcast game compared to a Genesis game and (C) crazy to imagine that SEGA would put the time and money into upgrading 50 games for a budget title. Even at $60 it would be nuts. 50 titles is half of my Dreamcast collection and about 1/6th of the complete library.

The most realistic alteration of the Dreamcast Collection would be to add in at least two more games (such as Virtua Fighter 3tb or some other AM2 titles), developer interviews and a television commercial gallery.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 02:58:30 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
The most realistic alteration of the Dreamcast Collection would be to add in at least two more games (such as Virtua Fighter 3tb or some other AM2 titles), developer interviews and a television commercial gallery.

-and to make the ports not shit-house.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 04:09:18 pm »
Quote from: "Essay"
Oh, man.  For a second I thought you were serious.  :shock:
I was thinking to myself:  Yeah, I'm going to sit this one out...Barry seems like a nice, intelligent guy...I'm not going to be the one to break it to him that this isn't possible.

What a relief.  :mrgreen:

...Those poor posters you speak of though.  Ack.  Ah, well.  There's always a lot of misconceptions for everything.

Funny.