Author Topic: Rumor:New Sega Console In Next Generation  (Read 25778 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Rumor:New Sega Console In Next Generation
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2015, 10:05:57 am »
Should have known it couldn't beat the Wii in lifetime sales, but it overtook the Xbox 360 which is quite an achievement (no pun intended), considering how abysmal the launch for the PS3 was and how late it released.

Also I was talking purely about home consoles, I know that the PSP and Vita were mis-fires, but that's a different market entirely IMO.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2015, 10:09:37 am »
I said they are diverse in an earlier post, but have  strong focus on mobile too. I don't think that's unfair. I understand they still publish a lot of console & PC games (although a lot of them I don't care about).

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to say it's the only thing they did right! I just meant I think it's their strongest asset.

Also wasn't PS3 the best selling console last gen?

Well yeah they are diverse but I don't think it's fair to call them one or another. At this point they're a multimedia company above anything else, even a leisure and entertainment company.

I just think it's a false narrative to call them a mostly mobile company like you did, especially as this is one everyone takes seriously when it's really far from the truth. We're bound to get another mainline Yakuza and Sonic game next year, then you have Atlus too.

Also the Playstation 3 is the worst selling console of the last generation.

Offline Ri$k

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2015, 10:11:07 am »
Don't try to be reasonable, some people don't want to hear it. You could talk about Alien Isolation, SEGA Racing Transformed, Total War, Football Manager, Sonic Generations, Warhammer, Dawn of War, Project Diva, 7th Dragon, PSO2 the inevitable next Sonic game, ATLUS games and many many more... But no 'SEGA only does apps now.'

Agree

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2015, 10:14:51 am »
People that want another Sega hardware don't even understand the motivations behind Sega quitting hardware and their aspirations.

Games as a service being the future, and game boxes being irrelevant, where things they outright said when Dreamcast went kapoof. Today's enviorment of F2P games and the cloud are really the seeds the Dreamcast planted.

Anywho, I'm glad Sega purchased Atlus, in the long term it means Sega still appreciates small innovative experiences,
...we can expect synergy where it makes sense, and it maybe bring good for thing for the Sega side, even in the western world perhaps. Most people see the purchase as a cynical "hah, Sega buys other companies cuz they can't do shit on their own", but really  companies dont make a purchase on a whim. Sega lending Suzuki the Shenmue license, and comments of Atlus resurrecting old IP, means Sega will perhaps get more free in the future of giving people what they still ask for so long.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2015, 10:15:52 am »
Well yeah they are diverse but I don't think it's fair to call them one or another. At this point they're a multimedia company above anything else, even a leisure and entertainment company.

I just think it's a false narrative to call them a mostly mobile company like you did, especially as this is one everyone takes seriously when it's really far from the truth. We're bound to get another mainline Yakuza and Sonic game next year, then you have Atlus too.

Also the Playstation 3 is the worst selling console of the last generation.

I was going to say they are diverse with all their production studios and potentially branching off into gambling etc more, but I figured we were talking purely about games right now.
Again, I said they are diversified. Part of that is mobile.
I do hang shit on them for Freemium Apps a lot, but we both know that I'm aware of their console/PC output (even if I have little interest in most of those games too).

As for PS3, point me to where this is? Not doubting you, since I don't follow this stuff very closely at all and you do, but I literally just searched for information on that and found a piece talking about how PS3 overtook Xbox 360 in 2014 in lifetime sales.

I'm genuinely interested in reading which sold best.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2015, 10:18:26 am »
Anywho, I'm glad Sega purchased Atlus, in the long term it means Sega still appreciates small innovative experiences,

That's a nice way of looking at it. I figure it means Sega appreciates established franchises it can keep making sequels for.

Offline Ri$k

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2015, 10:22:45 am »
That's a nice way of looking at it. I figure it means Sega appreciates established franchises it can keep making sequels for.

Sega have to buy PlatinumGames ... Coz Bayonneta is amazing.... They have big potential

Offline Trippled

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2015, 10:26:18 am »
Maybe Sega will be innovative and crowdfound Bayonetta 3 through a F2P Bayonetta phone game.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2015, 10:27:30 am »
Don't try to be reasonable, some people don't want to hear it. You could talk about Alien Isolation, SEGA Racing Transformed, Total War, Football Manager, Sonic Generations, Warhammer, Dawn of War, Project Diva, 7th Dragon, PSO2 the inevitable next Sonic game, ATLUS games and many many more... But no 'SEGA only does apps now.'

It's a shame really. In my opinion, their recent output has been far better and although they're not out of the consoles market completely, they do seem to be shying away from it.

Although, I would add I would like to see SEGA go after little projects more. Daedlic seem to be the only publishers who actually chase after these talented studios and help them. Daedalic are definitely being rewarded for their efforts too.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 10:35:16 am by Tad »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2015, 11:08:04 am »
Sega have to buy PlatinumGames ... Coz Bayonneta is amazing.... They have big potential
They didn't even publish Bayonetta 2. Besides they still own the IP regardless of what Platinum does.

It's a shame really. In my opinion, their recent output has been far better and although they're not out of the consoles market completely, they do seem to be shying away from it.

Although, I would add I would like to see SEGA go after little projects more. Daedlic seem to be the only publishers who actually chase after these talented studios and help them. Daedalic are definitely being rewarded for their efforts too.
There are others out there, look at Devolver Digital (Hotline Miami, Shadow Warrior, Luftrausers) and even Ubisoft with their smaller projects.

Sega arguably does it too with stuff like Tembo.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2015, 11:08:17 am »

It's more like you don't want to hear it Sharky . Never said SEGA is skint or going to the wall. But as console games developer SEGA is all but dead and like Konami its best days are well behind it and its a shell of its former self. You know the likes of 7th Dragon and Sonic Racing aren't even In-House , PS02 is never ever coming to the west much like most of SEGA Japan output these days (what there is)  never mind like Sonic Generations is years old now .

I used to love and remember the old SEGA that was offered the best games on consoles and used to lead the field in the Arcades, and had a great PC output too , other than PC that SEGA is dead . All you see to care about is SEGA making money, lots of corps make money

[/quote]Nope, and they lost lot of money on PS3

Sony made money on the PS3 after some 3 years of losses  and in the end it beat the 360 for sales and its also won the format war and so SONY is making lovely money on BluRay sales and even got the likes of MS paying roytaies for the pleasure of using BluRay

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2015, 11:10:03 am »
They didn't even publish Bayonetta 2. Besides they still own the IP regardless of what Platinum does

Yeah and never mind Bay II floped at retail and Platnium games made no diff no Wii U sales .All Platinum games tend to flop and I bet MS XBox One  Platnium game will be a flop too

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Ri$k

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2015, 11:15:11 am »
They didn't even publish Bayonetta 2. Besides they still own the IP regardless of what Platinum does.

I know, Nintendo saved Bayonetta 2....

"Sony made money on the PS3 after some 3 years of losses  and in the end it beat the 360 for sales and its also won the format war and so SONY is making lovely money on BluRay sales and even got the likes of MS paying roytaies for the pleasure of using BluRay"

And? Sony is about bankrupt in near future. Sony isnt just playstation....

Offline Trippled

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2015, 11:17:25 am »
You know the likes of 7th Dragon and Sonic Racing aren't even In-House ,

[/quote]Nope, and they lost lot of money on PS3

The newest one is, I think. Didn't you praise stuff like Deep Fear its the development same set up for 7th Dragon games and the newer Shining

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2015, 11:24:51 am »
And? Sony is about bankrupt in near future. Sony isnt just playstation

Nope . That's and SONY is selling off its loss making arms and back in soon to be back in profit . Its the PC arm and Mobile phones that cost SONY billions

Didn't you praise stuff like Deep Fear its the development same set up for 7th Dragon games and the newer Shining

Deep Fear was a In-House title and also a well funded console title . I'm not a massive fan of the Shining games myself, but the only way fan of the series will be happy is SEGA get Camerlot back on to make them and have said as much . And the glory days of SEGA all their mobile/HH games were 99% outsourced while the main SEGA Japanese teams worked on the console titles
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is