Author Topic: SegaBits Plays: Deus Ex - Beginning 5th December JOIN US!  (Read 22737 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: SegaBits Plays: Deus Ex - Beginning 5th December JOIN US!
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2014, 08:16:39 am »
HELL'S KITCHEN & LA GUARDIA SPOILERS
------------------------------------
I haven't been updating as much as before, so this might be a bit out of order.

Before leaving I eavesdropped on Walton Simons interrogating the prisoners. He saw me and his bodyguards informed me on the way out that he was not pleased with me. Ulp.

Killed some punk harrassing a girl and now all the hookers love me.

I climbed up the fire escape and snuck up into Paul's room at the Hilton. Using his code I stocked up and then was able to leave into the hallway where I could sneak up to the terrorists who were holding the hostages via the elevator shaft. A few head-shots took them out without civilian casualties.

Going downstairs I took out the last remaining NSF guy who was hiding behind the counter with Mr Renton.

I found out about the smuggler and saved Ford Schick from a para-miliatary organisation hiding near the sewers. Trying to do experiments on people, odd.

Managed to get through this section without killing the guys, since they didn't seem like terrorists, except for one poor guy who got spooked and fell into the sewers.

I was able to find the mole people thanks to a code for the payphone.

I already had a LAM to clear out the rubble so I could get some help to find the NSF forces. Rock managed to live for another day.

I snuck through most of the area so I wouldn't alert the terrorists and get any civvies killed. I found out that the NSF had taken over most of the tunnel and that their leader was in a secret room I could access by using a secret brick. Killed a few NSF goons near the south end of the tunnel so I could explore. Found the brick and the leader gave up immediately, surrendering his entire force. I left them for a UNATCO Clean up crew.

Made my way to La Guardia and cleared the place out of NSF. Had to use the GEP gun to take out a couple of security bots patrolling the area. Found one of the barrels of ambrosia that hadn't been loaded yet and hacked into their security software. I re-purposed their security guns to help me, made a run for the helipad tunnel and the gatling gun covered my escape, taking out a few goons that tried to follow.

END SPOILERS
----------------------------

I'll try to take better notes, because I figure most of that was out of order and out of sync from about a week's gameplay :p

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2014, 09:55:10 am »
Are you guys still playing this game? I have a big update for the airfield, but feel like I'm the only one posting progress!

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2014, 01:25:23 pm »
Busy week. Thought I was gonna have time for it this weekend but my whole sleeping pattern being effed up plus having my pc sitting opened because of hdd>ssd replacement kind of got in the way. I'm done now however. Starting it up in maybe an hour

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2014, 07:44:57 pm »
Are you guys still playing this game? I have a big update for the airfield, but feel like I'm the only one posting progress!

I'm sorry but I'm having far too much fun throwing basketball at everyone back at base.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2014, 08:24:55 pm »
^haha I did the exact same thing. Was also trying to kill the guy behind the desk.... didnt work. Guess some guys are just invincable

Edit: Warning/PSA, uninstalling the game removes save file. Save file used to be located at my documents but now they're located at the steam folder. Completely removed my save file. Honestly thank god I didnt get that far

Edit 2: Weekend's over. I guess it's safe to say that i'll be the most behind by now.

Edit 3: Wow the baton works great for stealth kills. Nice!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 10:08:18 pm by CrazyT »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2014, 09:40:36 am »
Tip: Smoking Cigarettes gives you better aim for a short period of time (calming your nerves) at the expense of losing some health.

Glad you guys are still playing. I've slowed my playthrough down to let you catch up a bit. I might just plow ahead though and then hold off updates to avoid spoilers!

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2014, 11:08:43 am »
Had a  good run today (yay christmas day off). I think i'm starting to "get it". Honestly this game is very similar to the newer deus ex. Seems they stayed true enough with the sequel. My only gripe so far is that it's not very streamlined. But that kind of comes with the games of the time. I mean in the sense of quickslots and the way you use, pick up items and augmentations. Using the flash everytime and turning it off etc.

I've just been done with getting the ambrosia from the clinton place. I'm playing fully stealth. I've been noticing that it doesnt really matter how you play unlike in human revolution. I just cant go back to "blazing guns" after playing fully stealth in my 2nd human revolution playthrough. It feels satisfying playing non lethally. Keeping everyone alive etc. So far so  good.

Roamed around the hell's kitchen a bit. Went to the  tavern, explored the place a bit and rescued that chick from that guy johnny. Now i got the password bloodshot for the smuggler's place. I saved and quit after taking the elevator. I'll play some more soon.

Edit: I just read some of your spoilers now that ive progressed a bit more. I am the kind of player that likes to explore everytng and see every nook and cranny. I also gave food to the kid and opened the secret opening, but at the same time checked the other options like through the subway entrance or through lockpicking box>666 code.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 07:24:05 am by CrazyT »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2014, 11:11:09 am »
^Glad you're enjoying it!

I just managed to make it out of the NSF HQ without killing a single person (you'll know when you get there) through a combination of gas grenades and prepping an escape route :D

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2014, 02:47:34 pm »
Absolutly loving it. The thing with this game is, once you adapt to the mechanics and to the AI behaviour, everything else is indeed better done in this game than human revolution. I love how creative you can be with the environment. And holy crap at the many possibities and options to reach the warehouse. Also in general. The sidequests are actually really fun and sometimes have their own dedicated levels.

I found an issue however. The game freezes at the NYC airfield. I hope you know the bit I mean. Its the NSF headquarters you reach through the MOLE place, and then there's the bit with the helicopter. There's a manhole in the corner. When I  go down there and dive towards the next bit, it freezes. Completely freezes everytime I go there. I saved so I cant go back anymore. I heard its a known issue. Had any problems yourself?

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2014, 09:19:45 am »
Absolutly loving it. The thing with this game is, once you adapt to the mechanics and to the AI behaviour, everything else is indeed better done in this game than human revolution. I love how creative you can be with the environment. And holy crap at the many possibities and options to reach the warehouse. Also in general. The sidequests are actually really fun and sometimes have their own dedicated levels.

I found an issue however. The game freezes at the NYC airfield. I hope you know the bit I mean. Its the NSF headquarters you reach through the MOLE place, and then there's the bit with the helicopter. There's a manhole in the corner. When I  go down there and dive towards the next bit, it freezes. Completely freezes everytime I go there. I saved so I cant go back anymore. I heard its a known issue. Had any problems yourself?

So glad you are enjoying it, it really is a special game.

How did you get into the warehouse in the end? I'm trying to remember that bit now and how I did it.
And yeah, the sidequests are very well developed!

I can't say I had that same problem. Are you going underwater when it freezes? I don't think I even explored that area.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2015, 07:28:10 am »
It seems the issue fixed itself. Weird. Anyway its the part where you can take the elevator to the hangar. There's another way to get to the hangar through a manhole in the same area(with the helicopter), you go down the manhole through the water. I didnt know it was taking me to the same area untill I explored it a bit more. It takes you a bit closer to the fence that leads to the hangar, ultimately it gets you to the same place

Its got interesting now. Just met my brother at the hangar so you probably know whats happening. Should I keep asking juan lebedev and let him get killed by anna or should I just leave him? I quick saved before the kill

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2015, 08:01:32 pm »
Its got interesting now. Just met my brother at the hangar so you probably know whats happening. Should I keep asking juan lebedev and let him get killed by anna or should I just leave him? I quick saved before the kill
That's the beauty of Deus Ex isn't it? It's up to you. If you really want, you can try killing Ana instead!

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2015, 05:05:08 pm »
I killed the bitch and kept him alive. was quite challening tho because she selfdestructs when dying killing him twice before I nailed it  ;-D

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2015, 08:04:53 am »
^Impressive!
What happens when you kill Ana? Do UNATCO turn on you immediately?
Also how did you get into the hanger? Stealthy?

I remember I used my SUPER STRONK ARMS Augmentation to stack some heavy boxes by the barracks and sneak in through the window. Then I tazered all the guys in there and ransacked their weapons locker before sneaking into the hanger. Before that I took out those pesky bots around the compound with the GEP gun and some well placed rockets.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2015, 09:11:39 am »
Spoiler alert
Honestly I gotta say that i'm really impressed with how all dialogue considers what ive done to ana and keeping juan alive. I mean wow for a game that old its doing things more impressive than stuff of today. Im actually not sure how much changes for the actual experience compared to having kept her alive.

What happened after i killed her was alex jacobson giving me a message about being shocked of what i had done, but somewhat understanding. Also very nervous about consequences, trying to cover everything for me. All the diologue that followed considered my choice in keeping juan alive, but anna's death is the part being covered and JC keeps denying it and said that something weird happened before i got to the hangar.

I got to the hangar by basically tranquilizing or hitting the soldiers unconsious. All of them gave nano keys for the secured corners(the outlook parts with 2 cameras and turrets). The robots patrolling the area are the only things I avoided by hiding. I explored every one of those outlooks, opened them up and looted what i needed.

In the small building behind the fence(the one with the door leading to the hangar), there was also a rock you could push to access a secret area next to the dart board :p

What followed was me going to hell's kitchen to my brother. I've noticed that there was very little of him trying to convince me, he confirmed me keeping juan alive and the message he gave me on the plane. I had to do something for him. Sending a message through satelite. This is the part where i wonder how much of the experience is different. When you send the messages through the satelite, does the fema guy also command the soldiers to go after you when not doing what ive done? All of a sudden all soldiers in that building were against me because of the fema guy's already suspicion at the unatco HQ

I ended up getting caught by gunther in my escape
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 09:21:53 am by CrazyT »