Author Topic: SegaBits Plays: Deus Ex - Beginning 5th December JOIN US!  (Read 22736 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: SegaBits Plays: Deus Ex - Beginning 5th December JOIN US!
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2015, 02:24:06 pm »
Finished it. *deep sigh... What an excellent game. Chose dark age path/ending because that's what i'd do in that position. The evolution of technoligy is worrying and honestly losing all of it wouldnt be a big deal. I liked what tracer tong said at the end, about going back to villages.

What did you piclk?

I may check the other 2 endings later. I saved after clearing the whole place (well except for those that keep spawning).

That was a really long ride mang. Holy crap. Is it me or is this game really long? Impressive how it didnt become stale or boring. The events kept me interested.

I feel good now about waiting for the sequel  to human revolution! Thanks for the recommendation and motivation. WOuld've probably never given it a chance so soon if it werent for this thing you started.

Man what a ride
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:37:49 pm by CrazyT »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2015, 02:59:11 pm »
It really is an excellent game. I'm super happy you enjoyed it too. Hoping that our fallen compatriots Piro and Aki-at get a chance to play it at some point too :)

Ah, the Dark Ages ending? I went with the Illuminati ending for the same reason. If I was in that position, I thought I would rather go with that one. I feel like a collapse of tech that severe would be catastrophic for society, and I didn't trust a machine to look after human needs, with or without JC's input. Even with JC, that's just one man.
I felt like the Illuminati was the best option to steer the world back from the brink.
"Eventually...eventually we will lead them into the dawn."

It really is a long ride isn't it? The game IS long, by modern standards especially. Don't forget Mafia 1 came out around 15-20 hours and reviewers complained about it being too short. I feel like Deus feels longer too, due to the amount of exploration you can do and the vast globe-spanning nature of the adventure. It feels 'epic' in that you're in the US one minute, Paris the next, Hong Kong, then exploring undersea labs. You meet dozens of people along the way and read up on tons of background information.

No problem on the recommendation, it was fun for me to finally revisit this game too. So glad you enjoyed it. Maybe we should do another Segabits Plays in the future for another Classic PC game or something (Mafia 1 would get my vote :D).

They really don't make em like they used to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBPK_oXeJgA

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2015, 05:03:02 am »
Ah I see. I mean tagging along with illuminati is kind of what we have today which is pretty stable. But that's a whole different story which would fit better in the offtopic section. I think its also part why I like the franchise as its so politically heavy. In this department human revolution also does a great job in the sense that it reflects a possible reality of the future really well. What happens in the franchise may perfectly be possible in real life eventually. There's a lot of strigns being pulled from everywhere and technoligy can easily be manipulated by those, eventually causing only a seeming freedom, when in reality you're just really "following" and "obeying".

Ah so it wasnt just me thinking the game was long. I remember when I got to Hong Kong and I actually thought that I was very far into the game lol. It does feel very long indeed because of the many places you can explore. And I actually explored alot!

And yes the music is fantastic. My favourite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kt-H7qUr58 Love the part that starts at 1:30

There's probably another highlight im missing I cant think of now. May have to download the OST to recap. Anyway about the music, its pretty crazy how each environment has its dedicated conversation music, death music and enemy encounter music. Now thats what you call dedication.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:06:32 am by CrazyT »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2015, 04:03:53 pm »
^Hong Kong streets had awesome music too :D

Offline TruthEnigma

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2015, 01:40:07 pm »
Damn it I love this game. I remember when I played it first I went with the Dark Age ending, reasoning that if it was good enough for Snake Plissken, it's good enough for me. I would not advise playing the sequel, Invisible War, but take a look at the link below to get an idea of what your ending choice did in that one. It's very interesting.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-deus-ex-decision-which-ending-did-you-choose/

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2015, 05:38:57 am »
^Truly a great game. So glad I played it. I may play invisible war just so I can say I at least gave it a chance. Plus its the only game I havent played heh. What you say Mademang?

Anyway yeah Hong Kong is the best heh. One of my brothers thought it sounded like streets of rage. I miss the times when game music still sounded like game music :P . I prefer deusEx 1 soundtrack over human revolution

PS: A bit of a late reaction I know. Was busy at the time when I planned to, but then forgot about it all together

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2015, 06:50:56 am »
Give it a shot Crazy T! I might play through a little bit with you too.

It has a reputation of being some horrible filth that will make you physically ill, but from memory it wasn't THAT bad.

I remember it came out shortly after 9/11 and even had the tag-line 'The Future War on Terror!' on the box. I had only just played Deus Ex recently and saw the sequel was out and was really hyped for it, despite meh reviews. I bought it from Electronic's Boutique and played a couple of levels and actually thought it had quite some promise, although even at that point I was really disappointed with how they gimped the augs and skill trees etc. It really is very simplified and I didn't like it as much as the original, but it's probably worth playing, especially if it's the only one you haven't tried yet. This will have capped the series and you'll have played it in chronological order as well!

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2015, 10:53:09 am »
I need to come clean.. The reason i haven't been playing this is cause my daughter spilled her milk on my netbook and killed it, the only way i can now browse the webs is at work and on my phone.. *sigh*
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2015, 12:29:52 am »
Juat wanted to say that this game's OST has become one of my favourite OST's ever.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2015, 08:28:25 am »
Juat wanted to say that this game's OST has become one of my favourite OST's ever.
I have found myself listening to it a lot since the playthrough too.

We should do another one of these soonish.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2015, 03:17:50 pm »
Im game. To me there's a lot of pc games i missed out on in the 90, early 20's. Are you thinking of another replay or a fresh game this time? I know you menioned mafia the other time. What about witcher?

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2015, 03:27:52 pm »
Im game. To me there's a lot of pc games i missed out on in the 90, early 20's. Are you thinking of another replay or a fresh game this time? I know you menioned mafia the other time. What about witcher?

Witcher would be perfect actually, considering I'd like to replay them before W3 comes out.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2015, 10:43:31 pm »
Nice! This will come in handy because I hate starting later itirations to the point i have to skip great games if i dont finish the ones before. Ill be ready by next week hopefully. Think we can gather more with this game?