Author Topic: Nagoshi's comments on Yakuza Zero in the newest Edge  (Read 18557 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Nagoshi's comments on Yakuza Zero in the newest Edge
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 11:48:33 am »
I don't understand why Nagoshi's statement makes him closed minded. This generation is already looking so much better then last generation because most Japanese developers seemed to have gone back to making Japanese style games. They tried making western style games last generation to appeal to westerners and failed big time. I mean there is nothing wrong appealing to a worldwide audience, but at the same time, I'm a huge fan of JP style games. There is no reason we can't have both style of games on consoles. Japanese developers should develop what they are best at making, rather then making me-too western games that aren't as good as the western games they are trying to imitate.

I agree, I hate the idea of making a game for 'Western appeal' or 'Japanese appeal'. Why not just try to make the game 'good'?

Offline jogosdemotas

• Total Meseta: 0
  • I love games
    • http://jogosdemotas.org
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2014, 12:40:35 pm »
They’re both still young outlaws kkk

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2014, 01:16:00 pm »
1) Capcom made and posted a profit . 2) Dead Rising 3 came out last year and was reflected in Capcom's earlier set of results

Nope..they have had profit loss for the last few years. And you haven't been able to prove you're point. Again debating with you is a waste of time...

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2014, 04:49:33 pm »
I don't understand why Nagoshi's statement makes him closed minded. This generation is already looking so much better then last generation because most Japanese developers seemed to have gone back to making Japanese style games. They tried making western style games last generation to appeal to westerners and failed big time. I mean there is nothing wrong appealing to a worldwide audience, but at the same time, I'm a huge fan of JP style games. There is no reason we can't have both style of games on consoles. Japanese developers should develop what they are best at making, rather then making me-too western games that aren't as good as the western games they are trying to imitate.

I also agree but we have to think in one thing. In my opinion this is actually very commun in the east culture, especially in Japan.
Look at this for example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gal%C3%A1pagos_syndrome

Do you undestand? is VERY commun that japanese people act like this, is something way more difficult to get that cant be only related to videogames.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 04:51:07 pm by Mariano »

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 05:06:31 am »
“We considered making it for PS4 only, but while the graphics and performance would be better, fewer people would be able to play it,”

He's ignoring the 10 million western userbase (well...and the 500,000 userbase of Japan) and potentially releasing the game in their single market of 10 million PS3 userbase.

Can't be release it on PS4 for the west but keep it on PS3 in Japan?

I seriously don't get his logic. Gamers are hungry for games yet SEGA keeps ignoring the growing install base of the PS4.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 05:43:48 am »
“We considered making it for PS4 only, but while the graphics and performance would be better, fewer people would be able to play it,”

He's ignoring the 10 million western userbase (well...and the 500,000 userbase of Japan) and potentially releasing the game in their single market of 10 million PS3 userbase.

Can't be release it on PS4 for the west but keep it on PS3 in Japan?

I seriously don't get his logic. Gamers are hungry for games yet SEGA keeps ignoring the growing install base of the PS4.

YAKUZA ZERO is coming out on both systems PS3 and PS4. And we all know why they won't consider the west because the games didn't sell as strong. Even though localising Y0 won't be as much of a problem like the previous titles...

Also anyone noticed the other comment...

“It’s still too early in the PS4’s life to make an exclusive game for that
system – and the same goes for Nintendo’s and Microsoft’s consoles.”
? Considering Sega has just made deals to create exclusives for the WiiU with SONIC and BAYONETTA 2 (which backfired) and no presence on the XBO..this comment doesn't make sense. Unless he's let the cat out of the bag about future titles...

Also the YAKUZA 0 exclusive comment really means Sony didn't want to pay Sega to keep it as a PS4 only exclusive. SOJ wants to play heavyweight in the console arena without really creating the titles or making sure the titles released become heavyweights in the first place for them to warrant exclusivity.
BAYONETTA 2 is a perfect example of that. Shopping that game around until Nintendo picked it up. BAY 2 shouldn't have been an exclusive in the first place. It still has n't estabilshed itself to become a bona fide multi million franchise..that's why the second game was important and that's why it was important to see its released on more than one system.Yakuza proved it was a big seller when the sequel sold in high numbers..leaving Sega and Sony to agree on an exclusivity deal where the third game became a system pack in and Sony would handle the marketing for that title and VALKRIA CHRONCLES. YAKUZA 3 then help shift PS3's across japan at a time when PS3 sales was sluggish.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:53:41 am by ROJM »

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2014, 07:36:41 am »
YAKUZA ZERO is coming out on both systems PS3 and PS4. And we all know why they won't consider the west because the games didn't sell as strong. Even though localising Y0 won't be as much of a problem like the previous titles...

Also anyone noticed the other comment...

? Considering Sega has just made deals to create exclusives for the WiiU with SONIC and BAYONETTA 2 (which backfired) and no presence on the XBO..this comment doesn't make sense. Unless he's let the cat out of the bag about future titles...

Also the YAKUZA 0 exclusive comment really means Sony didn't want to pay Sega to keep it as a PS4 only exclusive. SOJ wants to play heavyweight in the console arena without really creating the titles or making sure the titles released become heavyweights in the first place for them to warrant exclusivity.
BAYONETTA 2 is a perfect example of that. Shopping that game around until Nintendo picked it up. BAY 2 shouldn't have been an exclusive in the first place. It still has n't estabilshed itself to become a bona fide multi million franchise..that's why the second game was important and that's why it was important to see its released on more than one system.Yakuza proved it was a big seller when the sequel sold in high numbers..leaving Sega and Sony to agree on an exclusivity deal where the third game became a system pack in and Sony would handle the marketing for that title and VALKRIA CHRONCLES. YAKUZA 3 then help shift PS3's across japan at a time when PS3 sales was sluggish.

Understandable but still it makes me wonder why they haven't seen the rate of PS4 adoption as an opportunistic advantage to get Yakuza rebooted as a brand.

I can understand the risks to it, but it's worth a final push to establish the brand with where it all started?

As for the other comment, I guess he wants to keep certain projects under wraps until next year.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 10:46:57 am »
Considering Sega has just made deals to create exclusives for the WiiU with SONIC and BAYONETTA 2

Almost laughable . The Wii U has been a massive sales disaster and like I said the time , The Sonic deal was a complete joke and Sonic should have been on the 360 and PS3 and anything thinking Bayonetta II would sell well was kidding them self's . But hey that's the current SEGASammy board for you

And we all know why they won't consider the west because the games didn't sell as strong.

And hence why it never been a multi million seller and why SEGA Japan will become even less important to the console gamer. Other that Yakuza SEGA Japan simple don't have any hard hitting AAA games and why for most console gamers they don't care for SEGA Japan anymore   

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 05:09:03 am »

Almost laughable . The Wii U has been a massive sales disaster and like I said the time , The Sonic deal was a complete joke and Sonic should have been on the 360 and PS3 and anything thinking Bayonetta II would sell well was kidding them self's . But hey that's the current SEGASammy board for you

And hence why it never been a multi million seller and why SEGA Japan will become even less important to the console gamer. Other that Yakuza SEGA Japan simple don't have any hard hitting AAA games and why for most console gamers they don't care for SEGA Japan anymore   

They do..its just not console apart from PHANTASY STAR and YAKUZA and SONIC and MIKU. And of course the profits speak for themselves..Sega 3- Capcom - 0. How do you like them applecandys?

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2014, 04:27:24 am »
They do..its just not console apart from PHANTASY STAR and YAKUZA and SONIC and MIKU.

[/size][/color]
[/size]None of them are on the Next gen consoles and none of them are multi million selling IP either . Infact Sonic is no longer a million selling ip thanks to the lame Nintendo deal. Like I say SEGA Japan offer nothing on the next gen and its a shame as the next gen consoles are seeing amazing sales  [/color]
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2014, 09:40:23 am »

[/size][/color]
[/size]None of them are on the Next gen consoles and none of them are multi million selling IP either . Infact Sonic is no longer a million selling ip thanks to the lame Nintendo deal. Like I say SEGA Japan offer nothing on the next gen and its a shame as the next gen consoles are seeing amazing sales  [/color]

And yet Sega still posted a strong profit.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2014, 11:58:29 am »
And yet Sega still posted a strong profit.

SEGA posted a loss and even its consumer division sales are nothing to shout about really. Squaresoft on the other hand posted a rather nice profit helped no end by strong sales of Tomb Raider on the next gen . If Sonic and PS II were on the next gen I bet SEGA would see nice returns for starters and its consumer division posted even more profits
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2014, 03:33:08 pm »

Squaresoft on the other hand posted a rather nice profit helped no end by strong sales of Tomb Raider on the next gen.

I'm sorry TA but LOL, Squaresoft xD we are not in the early noughties anymore xD

And we say that Sega had a loss for a investment on a resort a week ago with a great article thanks to Aki....

If Sonic and PS II were on the next gen I bet SEGA would see nice returns for starters and its consumer division posted even more profits.

Yes, it will be new games for those franchises but they didn't want or have a reason to prove anything or or working for the next-gen full time. You can call back any company but look at this:

-Capcom: F2P game exclusive for Japan and for PS4. No multi-plats.

-Bamco: Games from established media franchises like Dragon Ball. A port of a Vita game.

-Square-Enix: 8 years in development games and they have the ultimatum for the next-gen in Japan.

-Koei-Tecmo: Moar Dinasty Warriors games.

Nobody is jumping full-size. And, also Sega in 2016 will do it with another Yakuza, next year with Sonic.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2014, 03:15:02 am »
Square made a profit of over 60 million helped no end by strong sales of TR on the next gen and as for other 3rd parties plans ..

Capcom already confirmed RE6 is way into development and that RE remake , Resident Evil Revelations 2 are all multi-Platform and its almost a given that DMV V is in development and multi . Square are going big on the next gen with Final Fantasy and its new engine, the exclusive deal they done with MS and the new stunning looking Tomb Raider.. Konami  MGS and Pro Evo on the next gen and making use of the impressive Fox engine. Temco will soon have a remake of DOA V to go and its already been confirmed that Ninja Gaiden 4 is in development , From Software have the amazing looking bloodborne in development . Namco well they're crap but even they have showed off Tekken 7,(while SEGA VF fans are stilling waiting and hopping for VF 6) 

What we get from SEGA Japan ? Nothing over than a PS3 game running at double the frame rate on the PS4 . SEGA Japan can do a lot better than that
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2014, 03:17:31 am »

SEGA posted a loss and even its consumer division sales are nothing to shout
about really. Squaresoft on the other hand posted a rather nice profit helped no
end by strong sales of Tomb Raider on the next gen . If Sonic and PS II were on
the next gen I bet SEGA would see nice returns for starters and its consumer
division posted even more profits
Living in denial..how sad...

I'm sorry TA but LOL, Squaresoft xD we are not in the early noughties anymore xD

And we say that Sega had a loss for a investment on a resort a week ago with a great article thanks to Aki....

Yes, it will be new games for those franchises but they didn't want or have a reason to prove anything or or working for the next-gen full time. You can call back any company but look at this:

-Capcom: F2P game exclusive for Japan and for PS4. No multi-plats.

-Bamco: Games from established media franchises like Dragon Ball. A port of a Vita game.

-Square-Enix: 8 years in development games and they have the ultimatum for the next-gen in Japan.

-Koei-Tecmo: Moar Dinasty Warriors games.

Nobody is jumping full-size. And, also Sega in 2016 will do it with another Yakuza, next year with Sonic.

Exactly...All the japanese companies have rushed too early on the next gen and many have posted a loss in profits as a result..Sega chose to hold back and wait..only going for Wii U as it was the cheapest option....and it only really confirmed their belif that the set up is not ready to sell a truckload of titles. TA can keep banging on about Sega's loss but he is living in denial..that Sega posted profit in its consumer divison without having the much next gen presence.
And from what Nagoshi was saying inthe interview there does seem to be plans to go next gen..but not yet.

And yes have a KUDOS from me...