Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 279265 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #600 on: November 27, 2014, 10:41:21 am »
Wow you played on hard? I played on normal. What's the difference? Is it the damage output or does it actually affect their speed and frequency of attacks?

Oh that's good to hear about bayo 2. I think depending on how easy or hard the (what's supposed  to be) normal mode is in 2nd game is gonna factor which difficulty I choose. I may perhaps go with "third climax" since I feel i've really improved a lot. I would get stones and bronzes the first 2 chapters. I think if I go back now the improvements would be striking

That ending was crazy man. Sheeeitt
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 10:59:43 am by CrazyT »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #601 on: November 27, 2014, 11:15:58 am »
Hmm, I think they actually throw more/tougher enemies at you in harder difficulties. I also think the damage and aggressiveness is higher, but I'm not sure.

In Non-Stop infinite Climax mode disables Witch Time, which is tough as nails (also, I think it's less fun overall).

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #602 on: November 27, 2014, 11:31:54 am »
Alright man, looking forward to it. First a small break :P . You ever considered on platinum-ing the games? I read it unlocks jeanne
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 11:42:50 am by CrazyT »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #603 on: November 27, 2014, 12:36:32 pm »
Alright man, looking forward to it. First a small break :P . You ever considered on platinum-ing the games? I read it unlocks jeanne

I did unlock almost everything in the first game on Xbox 360, or at least got the 1000/1000 (If you finish the game in under 3 hours you unlock a really cool weapon! It's not as hard as it sounds, as it's cumulative, not in one run). I understand there were a few things I missed, I know I didn't defeat the Secret Rodin fight, that was insane. There was also the secret chracter 'Little King' that I didn't unlock yet.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #604 on: November 27, 2014, 02:13:04 pm »
Seems we have the right person here. I can understand now :D. Just beat it and i cant stop thinking about it. I really love the way the angels and paradiso is portrayed. The first time going through the portal from... i think its called purgatoria, to paradiso felt amazing. Also some of the music is really impactful.

One last question. Does it matter if you get a few golds but averaged to a platinum as a result if you want to unlock jeanne?

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #605 on: November 27, 2014, 02:34:21 pm »
Seems we have the right person here. I can understand now :D. Just beat it and i cant stop thinking about it. I really love the way the angels and paradiso is portrayed. The first time going through the portal from... i think its called purgatoria, to paradiso felt amazing. Also some of the music is really impactful.

One last question. Does it matter if you get a few golds but averaged to a platinum as a result if you want to unlock jeanne?

The music is one of my favourite things about the game. That's saying a lot because I feel this is one of those rare games that get's EVERYTHING right (except story).

As for the question about Jeanne... I honestly can't remember sorry! It's been so long since I unlocked her on Xbox. I don't think it matters, but you might have to check that one online somewhere for a definite answer.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #606 on: November 30, 2014, 10:44:19 am »
Up to Chapter 8 on Infinite Climax mode, this game is fucking legit on this difficulty. Trying to unlock all the extra weapons. It amazes me how much I missed even when I was exploring the first time around, this game truly is a masterpiece.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #607 on: December 07, 2014, 07:13:47 pm »
Just started bayo 2 this weekend. I avoided  the demo because I wanted to experience it fresh as possible. The prologue was crazier than i expected. How is that even a prologue?

Now i'm at chapter 1 . The new environment is already alot more refreshing and to my surprise a lot more open. I like to breathe a little bit between fights and bayonetta 2 seems to make that more satisfying with the more open and explorable environments. Im typing this as  the game's paused. Not sure if this is gonna be the standard from now on but it already feels better than the 1st.

Visually  its actually not that much better from a technical side. I mean the resolution isnt that better and texture look kind of the same as 1. I think what makes it look better is the effects. The overall lighting and glow on everything is making it look a lot more satisfying.

That's my first impression so far.

Offline TruthEnigma

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #608 on: December 10, 2014, 05:28:40 am »
Finally got my copy (Amazon sent it to Australia first so it took over a month extra to get here. Fun!) I'm playing through Bayonetta 1 again first and I love the update. The original was great but this looks so crisp. Also the extra costumes are great but I'd kinda forgotten how much I love the story. I love the dynamic between Bayonetta and Cereza. It's adorable!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #609 on: December 10, 2014, 08:26:23 am »
Finally got my copy (Amazon sent it to Australia first so it took over a month extra to get here. Fun!) I'm playing through Bayonetta 1 again first and I love the update. The original was great but this looks so crisp. Also the extra costumes are great but I'd kinda forgotten how much I love the story. I love the dynamic between Bayonetta and Cereza. It's adorable!

While I generally hate the story (Skipping cutscenes makes the game more fun IMO), I do love select moments, and the interaction with Bayo and Cereza is the best. MY favourite image in the game is Bayonetta leaning against the wall and Cereza trying to imitate her.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #610 on: December 10, 2014, 09:00:57 am »

Same here. The story in 1 is fantastic. Bayo 2, well, let's just say that Cereza is a thousand times more bearable than that Yugioh kid following her around.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #611 on: December 29, 2014, 01:30:23 am »
That yu gi oh kid is unbearable. Honestly i was pretty fond of the cutscenes in bayo 1 as well but loki so far ruins it in 2. Thank god story isnt close to the attraction of the game. Bayonetta 2's first couple of chapters for me are already better than bayonetta 1.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #612 on: December 29, 2014, 08:32:36 am »
I actually didn't hate him as much as I was anticipating, but as per Bayonetta 1, the game becomes much more fun on the second playthrough when I just skipped every possible cutscene.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #613 on: December 29, 2014, 12:45:38 pm »
I actually didn't hate him as much as I was anticipating, but as per Bayonetta 1, the game becomes much more fun on the second playthrough when I just skipped every possible cutscene.

The cutscenes are actually the only part of his story I can stand.

It's the constant "Where do you think you're going?" and "You're going the wrong way" type dialog that you hear every 2 fucking seconds that I can't fucking stand from him.

I'll never understand why developers see fit to repetitively drop that in every 2 seconds. It puts a damper on the exploration that is so enjoyable in Bayonetta.

The more I play both, I'm finding Bayo 2 to be far far technically superior a game than the first, but vice versa in every other aspect.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #614 on: December 29, 2014, 12:48:00 pm »
^I honestly didn't notice him that much during the gameplay and exploring.