Author Topic: SEGA Anime Topic - List & Streams  (Read 196134 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA Anime Topic - List & Streams
« Reply #810 on: December 15, 2022, 11:14:35 am »
If Uncle From Another World ever got it's own game adaption, how do you think it would play?

My guess the gameplay will be a lot like Yakuza but set in the other world.

An idea for a "summoning system" is Uncle can commune with "dimensional spirits" that when summon, temporarily take the form of Sega characters. That or they're regular elemental spirits that take temporary form to directly aid Uncle.

Can you imagine Sonic like a summoning sequence?

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #811 on: December 16, 2022, 09:40:27 pm »
If Uncle From Another World ever got it's own game adaption, how do you think it would play?

My guess the gameplay will be a lot like Yakuza but set in the other world.

An idea for a "summoning system" is Uncle can commune with "dimensional spirits" that when summon, temporarily take the form of Sega characters. That or they're regular elemental spirits that take temporary form to directly aid Uncle.

Can you imagine Sonic like a summoning sequence?

I think Chain Chronicles which have Uncle, Mabel, Elf, and Alicia as playable characters already nailed it.
They act and sound just like in the anime version eventhough they were released before the anime even aired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtIIFJjoU30

Of course if it was a console / PC game, your idea is more interesting.
If uncle indeed could copy his teacher's appearance, he most likely could copy game character's appearance too (they would be polygonal may be, but it's still cool).
Licensing issue is probably why the author won't go that far, but if the game was published by SEGA, almost every characters are his to mimic. All he had to do is choose.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #812 on: December 17, 2022, 07:08:25 am »
I think Chain Chronicles which have Uncle, Mabel, Elf, and Alicia as playable characters already nailed it.
They act and sound just like in the anime version eventhough they were released before the anime even aired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtIIFJjoU30

Of course if it was a console / PC game, your idea is more interesting.
If uncle indeed could copy his teacher's appearance, he most likely could copy game character's appearance too (they would be polygonal may be, but it's still cool).
Licensing issue is probably why the author won't go that far, but if the game was published by SEGA, almost every characters are his to mimic. All he had to do is choose.

Uncle would have it published by Sega. He would accept no other.

I imagine gameplay will be similar to Yakuza gameplay but a bit more open space.

Though I dunno what gameplay opportunities there can be in his post-Isekai life. Maybe story-driven with some dialogue options and point and click moments for various results.

Offline Berto

« Reply #813 on: December 17, 2022, 01:18:33 pm »
Uncle from Another World (Isekai Ojisan) Anime Episode 11 is Out Now

Episode 11 STORY :

Demons suddenly attack a hot spring resort in another world. Ojisan, Alicia, and the others are forced to fight, but they cannot use magic because of the demon-sealing bird.
Ojisan, who had poor grades in physical education when he was a student, has his magic blocked, and his fighting ability is severely reduced.
Edgar and Raiga, on the other hand, fight back desperately, but are controlled by the hypnotic beast.
Ojisan tries to find a way to fight back by activating the power of Alicia's ancient magical tool, the "Wand of Salvation".

Link : https://isekaiojisan.com/story/11.html

Offline Berto

« Reply #814 on: December 17, 2022, 01:22:50 pm »
Uncle would have it published by Sega. He would accept no other.

I imagine gameplay will be similar to Yakuza gameplay but a bit more open space.

Though I dunno what gameplay opportunities there can be in his post-Isekai life. Maybe story-driven with some dialogue options and point and click moments for various results.

Post-Isekai life would be boring so if it got to be included may be they need to put both isekai life (could be a flashback story) and post isekai life.
Yakuza / Shenmue style when uncle in post isekai life and Elden Ring / Witcher style when uncle in isekai life.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #815 on: December 17, 2022, 03:13:56 pm »
Uncle from Another World (Isekai Ojisan) Anime Episode 11 is Out Now

Link : https://isekaiojisan.com/story/11.html
I'm surprise how close to frisky this became.
Post-Isekai life would be boring so if it got to be included may be they need to put both isekai life (could be a flashback story) and post isekai life.
Yakuza / Shenmue style when uncle in post isekai life and Elden Ring / Witcher style when uncle in isekai life.
I like to imagine something like:
Isekai life, it's like Yakuza where he can freely walk around certain areas, interact with characters, story progression and combat like.
Post-Isekai life is like TellTale story games (Such as Walking Dead or Batman) where you can explore areas that are rather limited but interact with certain characters and objects which may redirect the story.

I can imagine the Post-Isekai parts maybe regarded as boring as some but better they have some degree of engaging interactivity than just button mashing the "skip" button for their dialogue.

Offline Berto

« Reply #816 on: December 18, 2022, 09:21:37 am »
I'm surprise how close to frisky this became.

Such a memorable scene is needed for Alicia since she only had few episodes to captive audiences,
especially since the next episode we'll be back with Mabel again (no bath scene though).

I like to imagine something like:I like to imagine something like:
Isekai life, it's like Yakuza where he can freely walk around certain areas, interact with characters, story progression and combat like.
Post-Isekai life is like TellTale story games (Such as Walking Dead or Batman) where you can explore areas that are rather limited but interact with certain characters and objects which may redirect the story.

I can imagine the Post-Isekai parts maybe regarded as boring as some but better they have some degree of engaging interactivity than just button mashing the "skip" button for their dialogue.

While Telltale games always has good stories, I don't know why they always made me sleepy everytime I played them.
I guess I'm more into action than story.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #817 on: December 18, 2022, 09:37:21 am »
Such a memorable scene is needed for Alicia since she only had few episodes to captive audiences,
especially since the next episode we'll be back with Mabel again (no bath scene though).

Snow princess is best.
While Telltale games always has good stories, I don't know why they always made me sleepy everytime I played them.
I guess I'm more into action than story.
TellTale story games do tend to be more relaxed while telling good stories and engaging in aciton when needed. My guess it's the art style that compliments the pacing of the games.

Offline Berto

« Reply #818 on: December 21, 2022, 06:58:36 pm »
Uncle from Another Worlds is still in the Top 10 Fall Anime of the Week 11

BLEACH remains on top for the 9th straight week, while BLUE LOCK takes over Chainsaw Man in the top 3

Full results: http://acani.me/fall22-w11

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #819 on: December 22, 2022, 01:56:42 pm »
Uncle from Another Worlds is still in the Top 10 Fall Anime of the Week 11

Full results: http://acani.me/fall22-w11

Uncle would of probably remained higher if he didn't take that hiatus mid-season.

Offline Berto

« Reply #820 on: December 23, 2022, 04:27:29 am »
Uncle would of probably remained higher if he didn't take that hiatus mid-season.

Yes. All the momentum he did to reach to the top was instantly gone.
He was at first before he went into hiatus.
It's like he's taking "Quit while you're on top" literally.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #821 on: December 23, 2022, 09:22:26 am »

Yes. All the momentum he did to reach to the top was instantly gone.
He was at first before he went into hiatus.
It's like he's taking "Quit while you're on top" literally.

I'd rather stay at the top as long as I can before quitting when I reach there.

Probably too late to ask but, will Uncle get a Christmas episode?

Offline Berto

« Reply #822 on: December 23, 2022, 07:53:59 pm »
I'd rather stay at the top as long as I can before quitting when I reach there.

Probably too late to ask but, will Uncle get a Christmas episode?

It's just on top for a week (and before this at top 3 for two weeks) and then went down drastically so it's really NOT staying at the top.

As far as I know there is no Christmas episode since they're kinda already struggling to even finish all these 13 episodes.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #823 on: December 23, 2022, 10:24:20 pm »

It's just on top for a week (and before this at top 3 for two weeks) and then went down drastically so it's really NOT staying at the top.

As far as I know there is no Christmas episode since they're kinda already struggling to even finish all these 13 episodes.
Did the manga ever did Christmas which could potentially be an episode in the future?

Though I doubt the other world had an adaption/pseudo-Christmas, so I imagine it be Uncle, Takafumi and Sumika exchanging gifts and watching memories.

Offline Berto

« Reply #824 on: December 24, 2022, 06:48:22 pm »
Did the manga ever did Christmas which could potentially be an episode in the future?

Though I doubt the other world had an adaption/pseudo-Christmas, so I imagine it be Uncle, Takafumi and Sumika exchanging gifts and watching memories.
Yes, there is Christmas chapter with Mabel in the manga.Uncle even gave Mabel a Santa-like outfit for her to use.I think Uncle gave Mabel more things than he did to Elf.Mabel even have two meteorites rings from him while Elf only got one .
(and that one ring was also broke during *spoiler*).