Author Topic: Phantasy Star - Official Thread  (Read 213418 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: Phantasy Star - Official Thread
« Reply #270 on: July 04, 2021, 12:08:18 am »
Takanashi Kiara : "FINALLY A NEW MMORPG FOR ME!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSHeNb-RC1Q

Offline Berto

« Reply #271 on: July 05, 2021, 12:05:37 am »
Odette is Now Playable in Idola Phantasy Star Saga Global

A demonic girl guarding the "Gnomes' Temple".
Usually, she's a soft and obedient girl who loves flowers; but when battling, she is like different person.
As a demonic, she has an unimaginable past.

Source : https://www.facebook.com/IdolaEN/

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #272 on: July 05, 2021, 04:32:08 pm »
Finally unlocked the Hero class... but I forgot to pack a starting sword. I didn't expect I'd have to start the class from scratch.

Offline Berto

« Reply #273 on: July 05, 2021, 08:36:50 pm »
Finally unlocked the Hero class... but I forgot to pack a starting sword. I didn't expect I'd have to start the class from scratch.

Starting over is indeed tiring, but sometimes if the game is fun I don't mind starting over.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #274 on: July 06, 2021, 09:33:15 pm »
I used the last of my Exp tickets to catch up to Lv20 so it's nice to use my Last Survivor again.

Also, while I'm not after spoilers, is Halpha actually planet Naverius? I mean it's likely the planets in PSO2 were considered for colonization and that the areas we explored does not account for the entire planet. So the main map of New Genesis could be not far from the charted forests, tundras and ruins of PSO2.

The big indicator to me that Halpha is actually Naverius is that Sylvants seem to be native on this world which was the first thing I noticed along with Udan when I encountered combat in the game. It could be possible that Sylvants were abducted and placed on Halpha to prevent extinction of their race but given PSO2 doesn't give me that impression of treating Sylvants as a protected species I doubt this.

Another indicator to me is that some parts of Aelio have buildings and structures that may look high-tech but still regarded as ruins. Perhaps photoner ruins just like the ruins found on Naverius. The ruins at Halpha Wetlands in particular reminds me of the ruins from Naverius.

And of course you can see how cold North Aelio is from afar which is possibly the tundra region despite the rest of Aelio being of tempered forest climate, which in PSO2 story was noted how the cold region of the Tundra is confusing.

As for why the planet is now called Halpha and now Naverius could simply be that the names of places may change over history. Just as the name Wa was Japans earliest known name... I think.

Offline Berto

« Reply #275 on: July 06, 2021, 10:15:48 pm »
New Genesis is supposed to give us a new and fresh experience, so as for me it's kinda dissapointing if Halpha is to be revealed as Naverius.
It could be true though given the similarities and all that you mentioned, but I prefer Halpha to be ... I dunno, something else .... may be a big mysterious mothership like the one in classic Phantasy Star III.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #276 on: July 06, 2021, 11:16:56 pm »
New Genesis is supposed to give us a new and fresh experience, so as for me it's kinda dissapointing if Halpha is to be revealed as Naverius.
It could be true though given the similarities and all that you mentioned, but I prefer Halpha to be ... I dunno, something else .... may be a big mysterious mothership like the one in classic Phantasy Star III.
If PSCrew wanted the game to be a new and fresh experiance, they would of made it PSO3, PSU2 or at least a seperate game where SG and AC can be used interchangably.

But the fact you can start New Genesis with your old PSO2 character and how the meteorn are described it does sound like a continuation after a thousand years gap. Speaking of one-thousand years isn't it said that whenever the Profound Darkness is defeated it re-manifests after a millenium of rest, and given the Dark Falz may take form depending on various hosts it possess, it could be possible the dolls are the Dark Falz new form.

All in all, while PSCrew may say the game is suppose to be a new and fresh experiance, story-wise people will want to fill in the thousand-year gap.

I've yet to begin Episode 6 let alone know how it ends, but I pressume what happened is at some point it was decided for ARKS ops to be cryo'd and ejected into space, meanwhile what's left of ARKS, probably the inhabitants of ARKS Ships, decided to land on Naverius for colonization and renaming of the planet to Halpha. These various events have faded over history but probably due to orbital projectories the ARKS cryo-escape pods eventually returned to fall onto Halpha. Memory loss and atrophy over long stasis caused our hearty battle-hard operatives to practically start over as new "Meteorns".

Another thing I noticed, is they decided to name the planet Halpha, which could probably be a reference to the term "The Alpha and the Omega" given Episode 5 was all about a world that, like Halpha, based and inspired from the history of Phantasy Star. Naverius could be regarded as the alt-universe equivilent to ESC-A Earth and given Omega picked Apprentices from both ARKS and Earth means there could be a sort of trinity between these three planets. So Naverius could be the alpha to the Omega and why the name Halpha.

Offline Berto

« Reply #277 on: July 07, 2021, 12:36:37 am »
Yeah, they promised new experience, but they also don't want to let go PSO2 fanbase (which is growing a lot, thanks to western release), that's why I think they don't want to make it a PSO3.

That "Alpha and Omega" theory is interesting. If there is really a thousand years gap, then it would make sense how Naverius has changed so much, more techy than the one in PSO2.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #278 on: July 07, 2021, 08:35:46 am »
PSO2 is the kind of game that goes into deep lore to answer the most immediate questions but leave huge blindspots to the kind of questions I usually ask.

For example, when I first played Episode 1 of PSO2, I thought that ARKS was something like the Federation from Star Trek, and I often wonder who it's president, overall leader or council along with the structure of ARKS. While there was a Council of Six it was mostly disorganised and wasn't until Episode 4 where ARKS was given more structure.

I guess ARKS was more inspired by the Jedi which makes more sense I guess. The Jedi have a council than much structure and the use of photons is comparable to the use of the Force, with Dark Falz as the Sith. I just never made the comparison given the technology and spacecrafts used by ARKS reminds me more of Star Trek than Star Wars.

But you can see why I am the sort of PSO2 player who asks such questions as "How is ARKS structured?" or "What happened in the thousand year gap?", "What happened to Matoi, the Council and all our NPC friends?"
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 11:51:22 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #279 on: July 10, 2021, 10:43:41 pm »
What I know is Matoi and some of NPC friends were going to Vandor and they teach Uly (protagonist of Idola Ep 1) how to beat Dark Falz.
Matoi still stays in Vandor even after finished teaching Uly.
But I don't know about Ash (or Protagonist in the PSO2 game).
Idola Ep 2 has unnamed protagonist too, but his face is kinda different compared to Ash.
Luther also went to Vandor and planned on using his new knowledge in Vandor to do experiment related to the Council later on, but I dunno how it would turn out.

Offline Berto

« Reply #280 on: July 10, 2021, 10:45:25 pm »
PSO Series 20th Anniversary Concert (Sympathy2021) Digest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B7Pt-_u1q4

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #281 on: July 11, 2021, 05:41:05 pm »
What I know is Matoi and some of NPC friends were going to Vandor and they teach Uly (protagonist of Idola Ep 1) how to beat Dark Falz.
Matoi still stays in Vandor even after finished teaching Uly.
But I don't know about Ash (or Protagonist in the PSO2 game).
Idola Ep 2 has unnamed protagonist too, but his face is kinda different compared to Ash.
Luther also went to Vandor and planned on using his new knowledge in Vandor to do experiment related to the Council later on, but I dunno how it would turn out.
Pity I can't play phone games. Unless there is a full story on YouTube somewhere.

Offline Berto

« Reply #282 on: July 14, 2021, 12:31:42 am »
Pity I can't play phone games. Unless there is a full story on YouTube somewhere.

Funnily enough I'm the opposite.
Rarely touched PC if it's not work related.
But smartphone (or handheld) ?
That's different story.

Need an hour and half (sometimes more) to go from home to my workplace (or vice versa) using public transportation.
On that spare time, I could always play phone or switch games on the bus.

Offline Berto

« Reply #283 on: July 14, 2021, 12:36:04 am »
Quna (Lyrical Songstress ver.) is Now Playable in Idola Phantasy Star Saga Global

A girl who came to Vandor from an alien world.
She makes full use of her experience as an idol and holds concert all over Vandor to empower people.
Now, she's busy inspiring the depressed Leorians traumatized by the fall of their capital city.

Source : https://www.facebook.com/IdolaEN/

Offline Berto

« Reply #284 on: July 15, 2021, 12:01:09 am »
Idola Phantasy Star Saga - Ruining Siblings Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkgOhGaoyds