Author Topic: OMG!!! SHENMUE 3!!!  (Read 16756 times)

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: OMG!!! SHENMUE 3!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2013, 03:45:30 pm »
^Not really sure what that has to do with what you're adding to.

I think he means that if you want to play without subtitles, when the audio cuts off, there is no way to tell what direction you need to go. Because if I remember right, the buttons don't show up on screen like a QTE.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2013, 10:07:50 pm »
Well, not just that, but a sound effect triggered whenever you successfully inputted the correct D-pad press, and that was your  cue to hit the next d-pad command. Without that sound, my whole rhythm gets thrown off.

Often in the DC/Xbox versions I'd finish that mini-game without dropping the cargo once, but when playing it on the Xbox 360, I've never gotten close to that.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2013, 10:16:03 pm »
Same here. And it's no fun disappointing Delin, man. He's so enthusiastic about being a great team together. He gets a little pissy when you let him down.

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2013, 10:40:46 pm »
That's okay, buddy. But to make up for it, we would like you to go move boxes with Delin at Worker's Pier for the next several days.

:)) Okay, I'll do it while I'll think of you all... ;)
SEGA STYLE

Offline Ben

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2013, 02:54:11 am »
Same here. And it's no fun disappointing Delin, man. He's so enthusiastic about being a great team together. He gets a little pissy when you let him down.

Yeah. His English voice actor realllllly tried to capture that enthusiasm too, lol.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2013, 05:51:56 am »
I think he means that if you want to play without subtitles, when the audio cuts off, there is no way to tell what direction you need to go. Because if I remember right, the buttons don't show up on screen like a QTE.
Well, not just that, but a sound effect triggered whenever you successfully inputted the correct D-pad press, and that was your  cue to hit the next d-pad command. Without that sound, my whole rhythm gets thrown off.

Often in the DC/Xbox versions I'd finish that mini-game without dropping the cargo once, but when playing it on the Xbox 360, I've never gotten close to that.
Ooooh so it's a 360 thing huh. Yeah never noticed it on the dreamcast or OG xbox.

But yeah, delin's voice acting in both languages was amazing lol. We still laugh about it today

Offline Ben

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 02:41:41 am »
Yeah when you played Shenmue II on the 360 all sorts of audio glitches took place, like the audio would cut off entirely about halfway through the Delin sections. Same with when you wandered down certain Quarters. And it froze at times too.

Offline metateen

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2014, 07:59:45 am »
Shenmue...The series people hae been asking for to continue for years~