Author Topic: Sonic Generations General Discussion  (Read 164177 times)

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Sonic Generations Chemical Plant Zone / Metal Sonic
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2011, 01:27:47 pm »
Well created by Sonic Team is a bit of give away  and like with Mario game (2d game) The art levels will be designed by NCL or SEGA . I'm sure Sonic 3D (Mega Drive) is the only game where Sonic Team cave freedom to the 3rd party developer (to make the game they wanted to make) . It's why quite rightly Sonic Team get the hate for when they screw up, like  with Sonic games like with Rivals or for some Sonic IV rather than blame the 3rd party developer in question
Except that in the credits, you know, the part of the game where the people who worked in the game are listed, there are no designers listed in the Sonic Team section, they're all in the Dimps section, plus, while there's only 3 artists from Sonic Team, there's 10 artists listed from Dimps.
That doesn't sound like 100% Sonic Team to me.

Also...you like Sonic 1 because of fast paced linear stages? What? I wonder if you ever played stages like this, because this doesn't seem linear or fast paced at all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsTdduWQzA0#ws

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2011, 09:40:31 am »
Also...you like Sonic 1 because of fast paced linear stages? What? I wonder if you ever played stages like this, because this doesn't seem linear or fast paced at all:

For the recoded I think most of the 16 bit Sonic titles are vastly overrated, but in Sonic 1 and II there are more sections where where the momentum based based game play shines through and the 1st couple of levels in Sonic 1 and Sonic II show that off brilliantly . There's section in Mario IV where scrolling speeds up and the player as no control over the scrolling, there's sections in Zelda MM where you can roll into a ball and speed boast just like Sonic, but I'm not about to call them Sonic games.

In almost every Platform game made, they'll be a section in there somewhere, when the standard gameplay takes a marked terms for a level or two, you can fly a plane in Sonic Adv, but I'm not about to make out its a traditional shooter

, there are no designers listed in the Sonic Team section, they're all in the Dimps section, plus, while there's only 3 artists from Sonic Team, there's 10 artists listed from Dimps

It's created by the Sonic Team and for better or worse you can slag them off or praise them for Sonic IV ECT they were protyping the game way back in 2008 . They'll always be more artist in Dimps credits,  as they will be tasked with modelling the designing into the computer and making the models. 
In fact SEGA America should get more credit than what they do, They've be the one more than most, trying to kick sense into the Sonic Team and for them to make more traditional Sonic games with less gimmicks

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2011, 06:34:49 pm »
People are getting excited by a stage where it’s gameplay might probably be better in the original. I am mainly talkin about the classic bit. I still see scripts, I still see bad rolling physics. How is chemical plant even chemical plant without working ball physics?
 Anyway, this game looks average to me. I am sadly not a graphics whore so I can't be sold on this.

I don't like the music either. I knew that crush 40's cooperation would result in generic music again. Where is Tomoya Ohtani? Sonic colors probably had t he best sonic music ever.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2011, 08:59:15 pm »
Crazy Tails don't pretend for one moment you didn't love Sonic Adventure when it came out, you did. Everyone here did... It probably helped cement your love for the Sonic series.

Guess what? It was a hell of a lot more broken, more ful of bad physics, scripted scenes, shitty characters and so much more then Sonic Generations will ever have.

No, it clearly wont be on par with Sonic 2 and people are probably going to find a thousand ways to break the game and blow up any little problem into some game breaking issue.

But just get over it already... The game looks fun, it looks beautiful. When you were a kid you would have love the Sonic games just as much had the physics not been 'perfect' kids don't care about that. Don't be a whiner, accept that it can still be a good game if it has a couple of hickups. It isn't as if the classics don't have their fair share.
Made by SEGA

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2011, 09:09:22 pm »
Chemical Planet looks Beautiful! it feels just like it should.
and i like what they did with the classic music .... superb <3
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:11:18 pm by Suzuki Yu »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2011, 09:15:49 pm »
News'd it! Gave ezodagrom credit  :-*

I have nothing but <3 for this game now.

Underwater segments (in BOTH classic and modern)! Dem pipes!

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2011, 09:30:25 pm »
Crazy Tails don't pretend for one moment you didn't love Sonic Adventure when it came out, you did. Everyone here did... It probably helped cement your love for the Sonic series.

Guess what? It was a hell of a lot more broken, more ful of bad physics, scripted scenes, shitty characters and so much more then Sonic Generations will ever have.

No, it clearly wont be on par with Sonic 2 and people are probably going to find a thousand ways to break the game and blow up any little problem into some game breaking issue.

But just get over it already... The game looks fun, it looks beautiful. When you were a kid you would have love the Sonic games just as much had the physics not been 'perfect' kids don't care about that. Don't be a whiner, accept that it can still be a good game if it has a couple of hickups. It isn't as if the classics don't have their fair share.
Yeah I stilll love sonic adventure 1 for reasons I don't like unleashed's gameplay. I just don't like the classic  gameplay. Even though i'm not too fond of modern, I think modern gameplay overal looks way better than classics. That shouldn't be the case man. RAAEEGGG

Offline Sharky

« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2011, 09:35:47 pm »
Then you sound like you aren't really a fan of Sonic games at all... Sonic Adventure played absolutely nothing like a Sonic game... Even Sonics sections...

Classic Sonic here plays pretty much 90% like classic Sonic always did whilst Sonic Adventure plays about 0% like it... Bar the fact that for about 20% of the game you're lucky enough to actually play as Sonic...
Made by SEGA

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2011, 03:57:56 am »
Iizuka: “To be able to talk about the “low points”, as you name it, we have to look somewhat at the internals. At around 2005/2006 Mr. Naka left SEGA. At that time I was in the USA and didn’t return to Japan until 2008 to look thoroughly at the projects by myself. That’s why there was some kind of gap between the time Mr. Naka left SEGA and my return to Japan.
In hindsight one could say that the producers by this time weren’t sure which direction Sonic should take. The feedback* of the fans back then was the most negative to date. The feedback gathered that Sonic evolves into a wrong direction.

When I returned to Japan I received the entire power of decision for the Sonic games and the brand itself. My answers to the feedback were the games of 2010. We had Sonic 4, Sonic Colours and we will have Sonic Generations in the near future. All those titles are the consequence of the new structure where I have the full power to decide. We promise to never disappoint our fans again!

This explains a LOT. Neither Iizuka or Naka weren't really around Sega of Japan much during the time Sonic '06 and other poor Sonic games were around so there wasn't much direction at Sonic Team. According to him, his main input (from 2005-present) has been on Sonic Colors and Sonic 4 and both of those have been reviewed pretty well. (Even if a bunch of nitpicky fans hated Sonic 4.)
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline Sharky

« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2011, 08:17:16 am »
^ I stand by the fact that Iizuka is awesome... Sonic 4 might not have been the Sonic game that everyone wanted but it was a million times closer than Sonic 06 and Unleashed could have ever been. The Classic levels of Sonic Generations are a million times closer again. So surely the next game will be perfect!

As for Sonic Colours; easily the best 3D Sonic game since Adventure 1 and 2 and in my opinion the best 3D Sonic game EVER.

Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2011, 11:35:03 am »

He was just saying he does not like some points and you come in an freak out at him.

Seriously, shut up and deal with opinions that are not your own. Not everyone needs to like the exact things you do. Why is it such a big deal to you that he is slightly upset with the direction of the game? He is being extremely fair and not making awkward bold statements like some people I see here.

I can agree that both sides of the fanbase are freaking out a bit too much, but the opposite sides of the extremest fans will not even try to see to their comments, come on.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:36:46 am by Sega Uranus »

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2011, 01:15:08 pm »
What I've heard of the soundtrack thus far has been superb. With maybe the exception of Modern Sonic's City Escape all of the tunes have been great in my opinion.

I also think it's really cool how there is so much atmosphere with the sound design in this game. It totally makes each of the locales feel even more alive. Based on what we've all seen so far of Sonic Generations, it may very well become one of my favorite Sonic games. :)
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2011, 07:23:51 am »
He was just saying he does not like some points and you come in an freak out at him.

Seriously, shut up and deal with opinions that are not your own. Not everyone needs to like the exact things you do. Why is it such a big deal to you that he is slightly upset with the direction of the game? He is being extremely fair and not making awkward bold statements like some people I see here.

I can agree that both sides of the fanbase are freaking out a bit too much, but the opposite sides of the extremest fans will not even try to see to their comments, come on.

But Sharky is right, There is too much focus on Sonic and these so called broken physics and cheap deaths like they wasn't any in the 16 bit Sonic titles in the 1st place. You look on YouTube and you can see a list of Videos for the likes of Zelda, GT 5, Forza III or Mario Sunshine all displaying iffy moments and real bad physics at times (and GT 5 and Forza are meant to be sims)

You play any game bad enough and deliberately looking for flaws and you'll find them . It just seems it's the vogue to bash Sonic these days for the slightest reason , and best of all a lot of this bashing on-line is from people where one look at their gamercard shows they've not played the latest sonic games at all.

Sonic Colors and the daylight section in Unleashed were a massive step forwards to getting Sonic back on track in 3D and Sonic Gen looks stunning with one of the most amazing Next gen engines I've ever seen. But rather than praise and highlight these, lets just knock the game for nothing more than it being a Sonic title

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2011, 07:46:11 am »
Sonic is not bad, he is just different; our special little guy.