Author Topic: Which Sega employee does the CEO of Sega deem important?  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Which Sega employee does the CEO of Sega deem important?
« on: July 15, 2015, 08:04:16 am »
https://www.facebook.com/haruki.satomi/friends?pnref=lhc

The facebook friend list might give us some insight to that? BTW this is the guy that made the recent comments.

Lets go down the list and see what they did:

Masayoshi Kikuchi CS1: After Jet Set Radio and Yakuza he has become the frontman of Sega's mobile line-up in Japan, Go Dance and Demon Tribe being examples of higher profile projects...the heritage is within Team Andromeda/Smilebit with him supervising Sumo Digitals take on Panzer and Jet Set franchises. Personally I hope he gets a take on console games again.

Yosuke Okunari CS3: Since 2003 he has been managing archive releases at Sega, from Sega Ages on PS2, to Virtual Console, to download releases and most recently the 3D Classics. He also is very knowledgable about Sega's past and all.

Takaya Segawa: Now I dont know who this is, but from what I can see he has been involved with the sports Let's Make a Soccer Club series, other sports games and also mobile games, so a moneymaker nonetheless

Takashi Iizuka: I think we all know

Kazuyuki Hoshino: Art director since 1991 at Sonic Team

Hiroshi Uemara: Most of you probably dont know, but the inventor of kids card arcade games at Sega with their high profits is highly regarded almost as much as Yu Suzuki. Left Sega, but still advisor. Self-employed now it seems? Before kids card games, he did some of the first touchscreens at amusement centers in Japan.

Mie Kumagai: Most of you know her as the Virtua Tennis women, but she's her hand with the AM3/Hitmaker lineage of arcade games since the early 90's. Making mobile versions of Derby Owners Club, Virtua Tennis, Crazy Taxi has been the most recent venture of hers. Here's hoping for more Virtua Tennis/Crazy Taxi on console.

Yasuhiro Nishiyama: Not that senior of an employee having only joined in 1997 but important nontheless. After working at Overworks with Ohba on the Guru Guru Onsen games, in 2004 he quickly was appointed to the AM1/Wow head and was producer on House of the Dead 4. Taking care of that lineage of franchises (supervising Sumo Digital's take on HoTD as an example) he also supervises stuff like Bonanza Bros. Tough the reason Sega loves him is because of the Sangokushi Taisen RTS card arcade game...making mad bank for Sega. Not only that, he also produced Chain Chronicle, and heads the mobile team within the arcade department. A console game would be interresting.

Makoto Osaki: AM2 man nothing more needs to be said really.

Yuji Naka, Yu Suzuki: Not all ties cut seemingly cut, with Segas biggest 2 Superstars.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: Which Sega employee does the CEO of Sega deem important?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 08:09:57 am »
Nagoshi not cool enough.
Made by SEGA

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 08:10:33 am »
Nagoshi not cool enough.

Too cool for facebook

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 08:16:39 pm »
Yeah, I don't think Nagoshi has a social media account. Which I find weird, how isolated he is from his fanbase.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 08:33:58 pm »
Too cool for facebook

He just hangs out with him IRL like true homies.