Author Topic: Marvel Announces new Phase 3 movies!  (Read 10287 times)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Marvel Announces new Phase 3 movies!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 05:53:29 pm »
I guess Marvel's Phase 3 is going to be very much focused on straight-up ensemble movies.

Captain American: Civil War is the big one I'm looking foward to. I had no idea Marvel had a character called Captain Marvel. That Black Panther announcement felt like a straight-up response to the Cyborg standalone movie, methinks.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 08:09:02 pm »
Getting Black Panther and Captain Marvel is great but seeing no Iron Man in phase 3 makes me wonder if Tony Stark might be on his way out...

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 08:37:32 pm »
Ah fuck, they are really going to use the Captain Marvel name? Stupid fucking DC should have copyrighted that years ago. There is only one Captain Marvel in my heart...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 08:53:12 pm »
Waaaaait... I was thinking of THAT Captain Marvel, you know the one who shouts SHAZAM! when I heard this news. Read up on it and now I am less enthused about the Marvel movie and more enthused about Shazam.

Offline George

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 09:12:02 pm »
Yes, long legal drama with Captain Marvel name. Basically DC Comics bought Captain Marvel after running the publisher out of business by trying to sue them, they then bought the rights and sat on them. Without copyrighting the name, so Marvel did.

Then there's Mircleman, but that's for another time.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 07:38:40 am »
I guess Marvel's Phase 3 is going to be very much focused on straight-up ensemble movies.

Captain American: Civil War is the big one I'm looking foward to. I had no idea Marvel had a character called Captain Marvel. That Black Panther announcement felt like a straight-up response to the Cyborg standalone movie, methinks.

The whole annoucement is a reaction to DC. DC had announced their black superhero film..their female lead super hero film and breaking Justice League into two parts. All of a sudden Avengers will have a two parter when before it the Thanos Infinity thing was meant to happen in one movie. And Captain Marvel and BP are sudenly announced. And the Black Widow excuse is just that..they don't want to pay her more money because her price has gone up.They would have to pay her new worth if they put Scarlett Johansonn in the lead...

Offline ROJM

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 07:40:43 am »
Getting Black Panther and Captain Marvel is great but seeing no Iron Man in phase 3 makes me wonder if Tony Stark might be on his way out...

They all are..the Infintiy War is a bout the death of the Marvel Universe...so they might recast some of the actors..I'm more bummed that there is no Hulk movie..dammit..long overdue...

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 08:06:51 am »
What are the Inhumans and why are people wetting their pants over it?

I'm mostly interested in Dr Strange, because it might be the most different Marvel movie since GotG.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 09:12:59 am »
Iron Man is going to be in Civil War, or at least Tony Stark will be.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 11:14:56 am »

I'm mostly interested in Dr Strange, because it might be the most different Marvel movie since GotG.

The Inhumans..are like cosmic mutants...orginally created by the Kree who manipulated human beings in order to use them as cannon fodder against the Skrulls...and the Inhumans that Marvel focuses on are the royal family of the inhumans who have hid themselves away from humanity..led by Black Bolt who can't speak because if he does his voice can shatter everything and Madusa his wife..and technically his cousin who has living hair..So basically they will be the first royal family of superheroes ever made into a film. Oddly enough they tie in with Black Panther as he originally appeared in Fantastic Four where they also made an appearence in the same issue...

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 11:19:14 am »
Ahhh, okay, I know of BlackBolt and his death voice. Kinda cool. I also like anything that goes into cosmic Marvel and Supernatural Marvel.

I wish they could use Super Skrull somewhere, but I understand he's tied up with Fox as part of Fantastic 4.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 11:43:46 am »
I'm actually quite surprised that they're jumping on a Black Panther movie, just because i don't feel like it'll make a whole lot of money.

It would be pretty bad ass to see a Nova movie as well.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline George

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 05:06:59 pm »

Reading the new Inhumans ongoing because first Matt Faction was goign to write it then another good writer took over, Charles Soule, who is now 'Marvel exclusive'. Its OK so far (6 issues in?), nothing amazing.

tildr: Basically their a race of superhumans who in this new story almost go extinct but they released a cloud that will 'transform' dormant inhuman genes in humans and give them superpowers. More info on wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inhumans

Very 'X-Men' ish. I assume since they can use X-Men, Inhumans it is.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 12:12:18 pm »
Ahhh, okay, I know of BlackBolt and his death voice. Kinda cool. I also like anything that goes into cosmic Marvel and Supernatural Marvel.

I wish they could use Super Skrull somewhere, but I understand he's tied up with Fox as part of Fantastic 4.

I'm not sure..they mentioned a Skrull in Captain America The Winter Soldier...So they might be able to use them after all...but not Super Skrull...