Author Topic: Yakuza Kiwami (Y1 Remake) and Yakuza 6 announced!  (Read 32131 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Yakuza Kiwami (Y1 Remake) and Yakuza 6 announced!
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2015, 04:26:10 pm »
Can you guys edit existing posts to add thoughts rather than double posting?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2015, 04:34:47 pm »
We haven't seen anything about Yakuza 6 or even know who is developing what. Plus, like they said in the past interviews, Yakuza team right now is over 150 developers and they are hiring more right now. Its safe to say they have the system down.

We also don't know if they are developing the remake or not.

We have also not seen anything of Yakuza 6 yet, so lets not pretend is a lower quality title just yet.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2015, 06:45:04 pm »
One thing or another, it's always entertaining reading everyone impressions and speculating a little . It makes me Smile a bit :)

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2015, 06:48:23 pm »
So much for giving the team 2 + years to make a sequel. After the hope its the same old SammySEGA

And yet they actually managed to produce high quality games within that development cycle consistently, while having time to work on Binary Domain and Dead Souls (Which granted, that last one was pretty shitty).

Yakuza is easily the best yearly game series I can think of. Shit like Assassin's Creed doesn't even begin to compare or hell, Metal Gear Solid 5 which despite having a giant development cycle, was released blatantly unfinished.

Who gives a shit about the release schedule? Nagoshi's team tuned Yakuza game development into an art. It's clearly not hampering quality. They should be applying that new methodology to other game series and less experienced teams.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:54:50 pm by Phantasos »

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2015, 08:01:49 pm »
I agree. There haven't been any bad Yakuza games, and each one has introduced new areas and new play mechanics. It's an example of iterative game development done right. Strike while the iron is hot. Kudos to the team for establishing a hit series and keeping it going like a well-oiled machine.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2015, 08:44:22 pm »
I agree. There haven't been any bad Yakuza games, and each one has introduced new areas and new play mechanics. It's an example of iterative game development done right. Strike while the iron is hot. Kudos to the team for establishing a hit series and keeping it going like a well-oiled machine.

Yep, I do like how they've managed to keep the series fresh with each new entry, new gameplay systems in 3, multiple characters in 4, an expansion of everything in 5. Can't wait to see what they have in store for 6.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2015, 11:47:02 am »
This trailer confirmed to me that I like the Ps2 visuals/artstyle better.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2015, 11:49:49 am »
I also like PS2 Kiryu more.  He looks less grumpy.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2015, 12:43:14 pm »
Yakuza 3 Kazuma Kiryu is still my favourite Kiryu.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2015, 01:16:54 pm »
Its the same character but the transition to HD kind of changed his looks a bit. Im fond of the more calm look as well hehe. I should probably play those games again, because ive only gone through them once. Its too bad the only way to play the games in HD is to emulate them tho(here in the west i mean). I might do that because I wonder how well they hold up

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2015, 05:36:36 pm »

He looks much more expressive than just the "grumpy, manly japanese face" that current gen Kiryu can muster.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2015, 11:46:45 pm »
The famous Beat Takeshi is going to appear in Yakuza 6!!!

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2015, 12:26:56 am »
The famous Beat Takeshi is going to appear in Yakuza 6!!!

Now that is something I can get behind, that is cool.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2015, 01:44:54 am »
We haven't seen anything about Yakuza 6 or even know who is developing what. Plus, like they said in the past interviews, Yakuza team right now is over 150 developers and they are hiring more right now. Its safe to say they have the system down

What is this Geroge ? . Back in the old days Smilebit were 120 odd staff and had 4 lines and could work on the likes of JSRF,GV, Orta all at the same time , but that was different age and even a game like Orta took 2 years to develop and that's just for a shooter. These days to make a real good game and add new gameplay and gfx into the mix you need to give the team at least 2 years for the project .

SEGA isn't given that to the Yakuza team and watch part 6 look much the same, with better gfx (but far from the best looking PS4 game) using the same old buildings and streets, the same old NPC's , the same mini games and I bet even the trailer will be much the same .  Its too much Yakuza and SEGA isn't giving the team the real time to make a new Yakuza that's a true break and a big step up from whats gone on before
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 01:51:29 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2015, 01:46:08 am »

And yet they actually managed to produce high quality games within that development cycle consistently, while having time to work on Binary Domain and Dead Souls (Which granted, that last one was pretty shitty).Yakuza is easily the best yearly game series I can think of. Shit like Assassin's Creed doesn't even begin to compare or hell, Metal Gear Solid 5 which despite having a giant development cycle, was released blatantly unfinished.
Can you spair us the fanboy talk . I'm sorry there are plenty of games that come out yearly and have kept the quailty bar decent . Assasin Creed did that for more or less everyone of its sequels (even Unity) and all this done even with the likes of AC III and Black Flag which added many parts and where Black Flag was a far bigger open world than Yakuza could ever hope to be and MGS V is a remarkable achievement; not only is a great looking game its a completely  true open world game the kind of which, one would expect to see from Rockstar and not a Japanese developer.

Most of the FIFA, COD keep a decent level of quality .  Also unlike COD, AC Yakuza reuses the same old assets time and time again. To walk around the streets in Yakuza III is very much the same as it to walk around the streets in 0 its the same old look being used . At least with each new AC or COD there is a complete break and totally different part of the world used and moddled (much like with each new Shenmue) . Plus of coruse each Yakuza takes so long to come over here that it doesn't really feel like a year series in the same way each new COD/AC does and that helps with reviews and people views making each game seem that bit fresher that it really is.

Oh and another thing
Ubisoft Montreal can also work and multiuble projects at the same time, not just making the sequels to AC but also sequels to Far Cry and launching new IP like Watch Dogs and that's just one divsion inside the Ubi camp .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure