Author Topic: Iizuka talks Sonic's 20th anniversary, hints at humans retur  (Read 23318 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Iizuka talks Sonic's 20th anniversary, hints at humans retur
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2010, 08:37:05 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Speaking of art styles for Sonic Games... I just realised they've never made a 'proper' Sonic title using Cell-Shading. I wonder why that is? It seems it would probably fit quite nicely if done right.

feelings.
hurt.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2010, 08:41:06 pm »
Please note my use of the word 'Proper' as a qualifier.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2010, 08:46:07 pm »
Why do you have to keep shoving it in my face ;_;
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2010, 09:59:30 pm »
Quote from: "Autosaver"
"Nah, general Sonic fans hate everything else SEGA makes, outside of Sonic Team stuff at least!"

Maybe if 90% of the Sega games outside of Sonic didn't suck. Then I'll like it.
VC, PS, Madworld, and Conduit are games I like though...

Name them, name every single Sega game that sucks... If you do not manage to name at least 90% of Segas games I will ban you.
Made by SEGA

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2010, 11:16:49 pm »
Quote from: "ShadiWulf"
http://twitter.com/IizukaTakashi

Hmmm?

I am Takashi Iizuka, the most beautiful developer in the games world. the most real as a man can get to an actual genius in the games world.
A SEGA Nerd made this. :afroman:

Speaking of art styles for Sonic Games... I just realised they've never made a 'proper' Sonic title using Cell-Shading. I wonder why that is? It seems it would probably fit quite nicely if done right.

Sonic 4 has cel-shaded models.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2010, 07:40:22 am »
Quote from: "crackdude"

feelings.
hurt.

I love the unintended Sonic Labyrinth reference with that board game on the shelf.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2010, 06:07:04 pm »
The Labyrinth minigame is very fun. One player controls the maze by tilting it, while the others try to not fall down the hole in the middle. To make it more fun, there's also a giant metal ball rolling inside the maze. Great 4p fun.
SEG4GES

Offline Autosaver

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2010, 09:49:51 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
"Nah, general Sonic fans hate everything else SEGA makes, outside of Sonic Team stuff at least!"

Maybe if 90% of the Sega games outside of Sonic didn't suck. Then I'll like it.
VC, PS, Madworld, and Conduit are games I like though...

Name them, name every single Sega game that sucks... If you do not manage to name at least 90% of Segas games I will ban you.
Let's just rename 90% and put in rushed for holiday/unfinished products/licensed games.

And for a full list of games that are just JUST passable/crap. Visit this website.
http://www.metacritic.com/company/sega? ... ore&page=3

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2010, 10:04:10 pm »
Yes, because a 7 out of 10 instantly means it sucks and is unplayable.

Also what the fuck? Almost all of this stuff is not even legit. http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-golden-compass

Who is BarackO? SmokeyM? KemoH? Not trying to defend literally SEGA's worst rated game in years, but how are these considered credible? I mean, their scores are literally 0/100. 0 is nothing, how can a game be just nothing?

AutoSaver. I know you just joke around and stuff, but you have lost everyone ever taking you serious on this site ever again.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2010, 10:15:25 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Yes, because a 7 out of 10 instantly means it sucks and is unplayable.

Also what the fuck? Almost all of this stuff is not even legit. http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-golden-compass

Who is BarackO? SmokeyM? KemoH? Not trying to defend literally SEGA's worst rated game in years, but how are these considered credible? I mean, their scores are literally 0/100. 0 is nothing, how can a game be just nothing?

AutoSaver. I know you just joke around and stuff, but you have lost everyone ever taking you serious on this site ever again.
The users opinion only counts for the user score (which ironically is somehow higher than the metascore).

On another note, for me anything above 50 is worth a shot and it's good enough for me to spend 20 bucks on.

@Autosaver:
It is funny how you said 90% of Sega games
suck
when in fact 87% of all Sega games from the site YOU gave us have positive scores.
SEG4GES

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2010, 07:42:41 am »
About the topic:

Iizuka sux and we already knew there was something planned to commemorate Sonic's 20th Birthday.

About Autosaver comment:

It's sad to see how bad Sega's reputation still with the players around the world...

However, Sega has recovered most of theirs good image in Japan. Congrats!!!!

Offline Sharky

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2010, 10:11:02 am »
Quote from: "STORM!"
About the topic:

Iizuka sux and we already knew there was something planned to commemorate Sonic's 20th Birthday.

About Autosaver comment:

It's sad to see how bad Sega's reputation still with the players around the world...

However, Sega has recovered most of theirs good image in Japan. Congrats!!!!

Ignore Autosaver... He wouldn't know a good game if he walked in on it raping his mother.

He's a 15 year old Nintendo fanboy.

The fact that he has ignored this thread since making such a fucking retarded claim backs this up.
Made by SEGA

Offline Autosaver

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2010, 01:04:01 pm »
I'm ignoring this thread? What?

The average score for Sega is 67. Which IMO is not very good. 170 games are just on the line of being OK to play. And 40 are down right terrible.
Ignore Autosaver... He wouldn't know a good game if he walked in on it raping his mother.
herpderpfunny

Edit:
Ok, I admit that 90% was an over-exaggeration. But seriously. You can't deny that Sega should be trying a bit more with publishing better games. A lot of games right now are being abandoned. Just step in a couple of forums in the Sega games forum and see threads piling of people whining.

Then there are those licensed titles. Iron man and Iron Man 2 are perfect examples of crappy games. Tournament of Legends anyone?

Then there are Sonic games. Which get a lot of hate. SATBK and Sonic 06 are a couple examples of hated Sonic games.

And yes, I know good games exist. I already stated several. Valkryia Chronicles is an excellent game. The sales and critics just sparked for the sequel. Madworld is hardcore support for the Wii, which is what people were wishing for. Conduit 1 was a bit lacking. But Conduit 2 is supposed to fix it. Yakuza is another great game, along with Bayonetta(Except the PS3 version)

Like I said, 90% is a bit of an overstatement. But there is a bit of a reputation of games being rushed or unfinished and even abandoned.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2010, 01:34:43 pm »
You have been on this forum a number of times since I posted my reply and you have ignored this thread since... So yes, ignoring.

No sorry, I need you to name 90% of Sega’s games since the 1940s and they have to all be widely considered as bad games...

Ok where do I start, should I start with pointing out that Ironman and Ironman 2 and all movie licenses games are in the vast minority of Sega published games... Not to mention you are naming games from 2006 almost 5 years ago. Basically ALL 3rd party companies publish license games they are key to making a profit.

Finally I could easily name not only more good Sega games (published and developed) to come out this year then bad ones but I could name more good Sega games then good Nintendo ones.

Frankly games like Bayonetta, Valkyria Chronicles, Total War and Border Break in my opinion is more fun, more original and more ambitious then anything Nintendo has come up with since the SNES days...

So if you don't like Sega, bugger off, play your 20th pokemon game, both versions of it... Maybe enjoy a bit of brain training, god knows you need it.
Made by SEGA

Offline Autosaver

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2010, 01:43:47 pm »
So if you don't like Sega, bugger off, play your 20th pokemon game, both versions of it... Maybe enjoy a bit of brain training, god knows you need it.

Where did I say I didn't like Sega? And what is wrong with Pokemon?

You have been on this forum a number of times since I posted my reply and you have ignored this thread since... So yes, ignoring.

Huh? I don't go on this forum quite often. And I usually go into the Everything else section if I do. I wasn't ignoring you.

Ok where do I start, should I start with pointing out that Ironman and Ironman 2 and all movie licenses games are in the vast minority of Sega published games... Not to mention you are naming games from 2006 almost 5 years ago. Basically ALL 3rd party companies publish license games they are key to making a profit.
loltheydoitprofityum

Finally I could easily name not only more good Sega games (published and developed) to come out this year then bad ones but I could name more good Sega games then good Nintendo ones.
Wait a minute.

Are you honestly thinking I have a grudge on Sega just because I have a Wii and playing Nintendo games?