Author Topic: Captain America: Super Soldier Screenshots  (Read 8913 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Captain America: Super Soldier Screenshots
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 04:26:11 pm »
Is there such thing as a Mecha Hitler in the Captain America series?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
SEG4GES

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 06:23:04 pm »
I don't think so, but it had its fair share of German mad scientists making wacky inventions and the like.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2010, 06:46:10 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
Is there such thing as a Mecha Hitler in the Captain America series?

I can't say for sure as I haven't read the Golden Age issues, but I'm pretty sure The Red Skull was the antagonist for most of the stories.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 06:59:15 pm by CosmicCastaway »
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2010, 06:57:10 pm »
Seems like a pretty cool villain. I'm starting to get interested in this..

I really like these comic-based storylines, I just don't have the patience to read them all..
SEG4GES

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2010, 08:18:37 pm »
The first trailer is up now and we can see what the game play is going to be like.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/10/07/ca ... ut-trailer

It's got some platforming! Awesome.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2010, 03:33:25 am »
Wow, this looks like it has potential! It's going to depend on how well it's executed, but the mix of platforming and brawling (and shield throwing) looks like it could be really fun!

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2010, 07:10:49 am »
Yes there were giant robots or mecha during the WW2 Captain America stories but not when it was in the golden age of comics. The real great cap stories came two decades later during the period when Marvel burst onto the comics scene in the sixties with Fantastic four, Spider man and Iron man, hulk, etc. As for THOR, its my fave character from marvel but I'd wish they being sega decided to base these licenses on the comic and use the art style from them as well. Seeing THOR in a jack kirby or Walt Simonson graphic style would be great.
As for Soups comment: Your right they're not too much and that's really down to how they are approching the license compared to the genesis era. Sega's marvel deal in the nineties or any film license deal in that period was handled by Sega japan (who did the arcade versions) and Sega of america  who did most of the console versions, depending on the license. Nowadays they're acting seperate when it comes to license titles its a joke. SOJ does a RAMBO light gun game but Sega west doesn't or can't do a Rambo game like a FPS. Or Sega west does an aliens game but SOJ hasn't done a new one for arcades. Until they can unify in that regard when it comes to big licenses i think you will see an imbalance, of course that'sjust one part of the problem.