Author Topic: Abandoned Japanese Theme Park - Check Out This Arcade.  (Read 4938 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Abandoned Japanese Theme Park - Check Out This Arcade.
« on: July 14, 2016, 09:17:06 am »
I've been watching some videos of abaondoned places recently, it has always been an interest of mine to see the eerie abandoned places of the world. Anyway some kids go to an abandoned Wild West themed park in Japan and find this arcade... Still full of machines just sitting there rotting... Prepare to be saddened... There are some real classics!

Arcade bit starts at 9 mins and 26 seconds.

https://youtu.be/GVve1M1sQsY?t=9m26s
Made by SEGA

Offline Sharky

Re: Abandoned Japanese Theme Park - Check Out This Arcade.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 09:34:12 am »
Also lone SEGA machine at 4:55 on this video and then another full abandoned Arcade at 13:44

https://youtu.be/2u1gcSbrTWw?t=4m55s
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 09:43:49 am by Sharky »
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 11:38:22 am »
That is bizarre! I would assume somebody owns the property, why did they never have an auction or open the place for a weekend to sell off the machines?

Offline Sharky

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 06:57:06 pm »
That is bizarre! I would assume somebody owns the property, why did they never have an auction or open the place for a weekend to sell off the machines?

Having seen a lot of these sort of vidoes it's strangely common for places to just be abandoned with everything inside, hospitals full of equpitment, houses full of belongings as if the people just vanished. Just watched one where they find a grand piano in a house and those things are worth a mint.
Made by SEGA

Online Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 07:29:32 pm »
Wow, timeless. Yeah, saddened to see they're being abandoned.
And I didn't know there's a SEGA's Ultraman Arcade game, never knew about it before.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 12:12:09 am »
Ever heard of Mr.Blobby?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0c/Mr_Blobby,_2009.jpg/250px-Mr_Blobby,_2009.jpg

Here in the UK, he was a hit in the 90s and had his own park for kids to play in. Having seen this video it reminded me Mr.Blobby park has just been abandoned too and as it's already looks inhuman, it looks very eerie now.

Offline Clint Forrester

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 02:20:18 pm »
Oh yeah, I remember watching this video a while back. (I love abandoned location videos - any fans of Adam the Woo and Dan Bell here?) If I ever go to Japan, and these places haven't been demolished yet, I would love to pay them a visit. They're so eerie to the point of wonderment.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 03:49:26 am »
Oh yeah, I remember watching this video a while back. (I love abandoned location videos - any fans of Adam the Woo and Dan Bell here?) If I ever go to Japan, and these places haven't been demolished yet, I would love to pay them a visit. They're so eerie to the point of wonderment.

Been subscribed to Dan Bell for a good while now, I think his channel is the best for it... He's the least obnoxious haha.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sharky

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 03:49:55 am »
Ever heard of Mr.Blobby?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0c/Mr_Blobby,_2009.jpg/250px-Mr_Blobby,_2009.jpg

Here in the UK, he was a hit in the 90s and had his own park for kids to play in. Having seen this video it reminded me Mr.Blobby park has just been abandoned too and as it's already looks inhuman, it looks very eerie now.

Mr.Blobby is the shit! (I'm from the UK too.)
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 08:19:05 am »
Ah, good to hear!

This thread as got me looking at loads of these types of videos now. It's so bizarre to see so many of these buildings practically fully working but not used.

One hospital in Spain I saw was practically never used. I'm know so buildings were made, but never used due to the financial crisis that hit, but some of the older ones are really quite creepy.