Author Topic: Sonic Generations General Discussion  (Read 163630 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: Sonic Generations Chemical Plant Zone / Metal Sonic
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2011, 09:46:51 am »
No when you consider how illiterate you are. Sonic 'IV' is also not even close to Genesis quality/style.

Nope,  I thought as much :(.

To make out Sonic IV isn't Mega Drive quality is just not looking at the game  It looked better than any 16 bit Sonic title, the style and layout of the game is almost too much 16 Bit , and that's the trouble ... Sonic Team didn't push the scope out as far as they should have and played it too safe in terms of looks
 Gameplay is another matter, but to me all the Sonic games bar Sonic and Sonic CD were vastly overrated & Sonic III , Sonic Knuckles didn't play or feel like Sonic games at all  Went down the route of multi characters and trying to be Mario in terms of depth and design
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2011, 09:59:28 am »
No when you consider how illiterate you are.
I let you post again on the condition you wouldn't break the rules, personal attack already.
Keep it up and I'll ban you and I really don't want to have to do that.
Made by SEGA

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2011, 12:23:56 pm »
I let you post again on the condition you wouldn't break the rules, personal attack already.
Keep it up and I'll ban you and I really don't want to have to do that.

Because him implying I am an idiot due to a disagreement is not an insult itself?

I really do not care what you do with awkward favouritism. It is not as if my observation was wrong, just an unfortunate truth.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2011, 12:36:16 pm »
He asked if it was worth arguing with you... It wasn't a personal attack, calling someone illiterate is.

Illiterate is used to discribe someone who is unable to read and write or has little or no formal education. I don't see any truth in it at all, I can understand him perfectly.

You are in the wrong. Again, don't play up.
Made by SEGA

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2011, 01:01:00 pm »
He asked if it was worth arguing with you... It wasn't a personal attack, calling someone illiterate is.

Illiterate is used to discribe someone who is unable to read and write or has little or no formal education. I don't see any truth in it at all, I can understand him perfectly.

You are in the wrong. Again, don't play up.
No, he wrote it as an insult, implying my views were too stupid to even consider. It was written for the sole purpose of insulting me. And I do not care if he does it, you are just being weird about it.

As for being illiterate, you just defined it. It can mean 'someone who cannot write'. His posts were written in a very poor manner to the point where I could not even understand significant portions of them. I merely pointed this out to him due to his insulting question, essentially sending it back at him. You just chose to ignore the core issue and blame it on me, which as I already posted is due to favouritism.

So no, I am not wrong, you just want me to be wrong and predefine it for yourself. I also never asked you to let me do anything.

So do whatever it is you are doing. I will stop making these off-topic replies now.

Nope,  I thought as much :(.
Yet you are doing it!

To make out Sonic IV isn't Mega Drive quality is just not looking at the game  It looked better than any 16 bit Sonic title, the style and layout of the game is almost too much 16 Bit , and that's the trouble ... Sonic Team didn't push the scope out as far as they should have and played it too safe in terms of looks
 Gameplay is another matter, but to me all the Sonic games bar Sonic and Sonic CD were vastly overrated & Sonic III , Sonic Knuckles didn't play or feel like Sonic games at all  Went down the route of multi characters and trying to be Mario in terms of depth and design
If it looked better than any Mega Drive title, then it is not Mega Drive quality. The style is also a mixture of classic and modern Sonic, so it is improper. Most people would have been happy with a game that mimicked Genesis/32X-type graphics. The game is a sequel, after all, not a new entry, it exists to appeal to the people who are fans of the original games.

And Sonic and Knuckles never played like a Sonic game? The only difference was the spindash from Sonic 2, along with Sonic's new attack and associated shield moves. Otherwise it literally played the same and runs off of the same gameplay engine as the previous three games. If you do not like the larger exploration-based level design, I can understand, but I do not see how this is 'Mario'. Mario games focus on short levels based around puzzles. Tails and Knuckles also barely played any different than Sonic, just being weaker with attacks and being more exploration orientated.

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2011, 04:07:06 pm »
Sonic Team didn't push the scope out as far as they should have and played it too safe in terms of looks
Sonic 4 Ep1 was mostly made by Dimps though.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2011, 02:54:34 am »
No, he wrote it as an insult

What ?. I wrote it as a fairly simple question. A question to person that thinks a senior lead designer or Director of a game is somehow babysat and worse still it's better for the person in question to die , Looking over how Platinum games have let to make a sequel or have a game series that been running for 15 years plus (where issues of reboots come about)

I think its fair question, That when such views are aired, is there any point in having a debate ?

Sonic 4 Ep1 was mostly made by Dimps though.

Programmed by DIMPS, the game and level design -For better or worse is all Sonic Team, just like how Capcom developed SF IV, but the game was programmed by DIMPS

If it looked better than any Mega Drive title, then it is not Mega Drive quality

Funny I thought it was only I that was illiterate. Now where did I say better than 'any Mega Drive title' ? 

And Sonic and Knuckles never played like a Sonic game

Yes the classic momentum based gameplay seen in Sonic, Sonic II, Sonic CD was dropped for  Sonic 3 and S& K. Where it became a game  much more focused on exploration based gameplay.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2011, 07:21:23 am »
What ?. I wrote it as a fairly simple question. A question to person that thinks a senior lead designer or Director of a game is somehow babysat and worse still it's better for the person in question to die , Looking over how Platinum games have let to make a sequel or have a game series that been running for 15 years plus (where issues of reboots come about)
Try going to a university, listen to a lecture, then tell your professor as soon as he is done: 'Is it even worth listening to you talk?' Time how long you are left in the room.

Now where did I say better than 'any Mega Drive title' ?

You specifically stated that the game was better looking than any Mega Drive title. Here:

'To make out Sonic IV isn't Mega Drive quality is just not looking at the game  It looked better than any 16 bit Sonic title, the style and layout of the game is almost too much 16 Bit , and that's the trouble ...'

I am not certain what you meant by gameplay. You seem like you do not even like most Sonic games anyway.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2011, 08:18:25 am »
If the lecturer knows less about the subject than his pupil why stay in the class?
Made by SEGA

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2011, 09:29:32 am »
Programmed by DIMPS, the game and level design -For better or worse is all Sonic Team, just like how Capcom developed SF IV, but the game was programmed by DIMPS
According to the credits, there were more artists from Dimps than Sonic Team, and all designers were from Dimps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrDDiQtZk9c#ws
Sonic Team: 00:20 - 00:55
Dimps: 00:55 - 01:30

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2011, 09:33:09 am »
You specifically stated that the game was better looking than any Mega Drive title.

May I say that if you're going to get all high and mighty on reading, then at least practice what you preach ? .

I clearly said... better than any 'Sonic' Mega Drive title, not better than any 'Mega Drive' title.

You seem like you do not even like most Sonic games anyway.

I like Sonic games ( I owe more or less every non hand held version's of Sonic games ever made ), but thought most Sonic 16 bit titles to be vastly overrated in comparison to the Mickey Mouse series of games and Quackshot  never mind the godly Revenge of Shinobi (which is the equal to Mario IV perfection in almost area imo). I also thought both Quackshot and more so World of Illusion (which still looks stunning) , displayed better GFX than any of  the latter 16 bit Sonic games too.

To me the classic left to right momentum based gameplay of Sonic (still the best in the 16 bit series imo) Sonic II, Sonic CD was dropped with Sonic III and S&K , but brought back in Sonic Adv and Sonic Adv II; I 'll just be happy if the new Sonic games just built on the Sonic levels in Sonic Adv 1 and II , which for 'me 'happen to be the best and most true Sonic levels found  in any Sonic game

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:35:13 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2011, 09:42:55 am »
According to the credits, there were more artists from Dimps than Sonic Team, and all designers were drom Dimps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrDDiQtZk9c#ws
Sonic Team: 00:20 - 00:55
Dimps: 00:55 - 01:30

The Games Art, Level and Character design is all Sonic Team ... Just like it was for Sonic R and almost every Sonic game (bar Sonic 3D) . Dimps just did the coding duties, very much like they did for Street Fighter IV,like how Nextech did the coding duties in Code Veronica for Capcom (but the game, story and levels are 100% Capcom) or Alfa system doing the coding duties for Sonic Team for PSO portable - Where again the level, character and world design is all  100% SEGA/Sonic Team
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2011, 10:02:44 am »
May I say that if you're going to get all high and mighty on reading, then at least practice what you preach ? .

I clearly said... better than any 'Sonic' Mega Drive title, not better than any 'Mega Drive' title.
I was referring to Sonic Mega Drive games. I thought that was implied considering we were only discussing Sonic games.

I like Sonic games ( I owe more or less every non hand held version's of Sonic games ever made ), but thought most Sonic 16 bit titles to be vastly overrated in comparison to the Mickey Mouse series of games and Quackshot  never mind the godly Revenge of Shinobi (which is the equal to Mario IV perfection in almost area imo). I also thought both Quackshot and more so World of Illusion (which still looks stunning) , displayed better GFX than any of  the latter 16 bit Sonic games too.

To me the classic left to right momentum based gameplay of Sonic (still the best in the 16 bit series imo) Sonic II, Sonic CD was dropped with Sonic III and S&K , but brought back in Sonic Adv and Sonic Adv II; I 'll just be happy if the new Sonic games just built on the Sonic levels in Sonic Adv 1 and II , which for 'me 'happen to be the best and most true Sonic levels found  in any Sonic game
So you mean you prefer linear level design like Green Hill Zone in Sonic 1, for example? But levels like Marble and Labyrinth Zone are more similar to Sonic 3 and Knuckles. The series always had large, non-linear levels that were not fast-paced.

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2011, 10:28:59 am »
The Games Art, Level and Character design is all Sonic Team ... Just like it was for Sonic R and almost every Sonic game (bar Sonic 3D) . Dimps just did the coding duties, very much like they did for Street Fighter IV,like how Nextech did the coding duties in Code Veronica for Capcom (but the game, story and levels are 100% Capcom) or Alfa system doing the coding duties for Sonic Team for PSO portable - Where again the level, character and world design is all  100% SEGA/Sonic Team
And...do you have any proof that the game art, character and level design was 100% Sonic Team? The credits seem to disagree with you, since the designers and most of the artists appear in the Dimps section.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2011, 10:57:59 am »
I was referring to Sonic Mega Drive games.

You tried to make out I said better than any MD title , which isn't what I said at all.

So you mean you prefer linear level design like Green Hill Zone in Sonic 1,

Yes I though that showed off Sonic and the game engine at it's best, and what really helped separate Sonic for nearly every MD or Snes Platform game out there.

And...do you have any proof that the game art, character and level design was 100% Sonic Team?

Well created by Sonic Team is a bit of give away  and like with Mario game (2d game) The art levels will be designed by NCL or SEGA . I'm sure Sonic 3D (Mega Drive) is the only game where Sonic Team cave freedom to the 3rd party developer (to make the game they wanted to make) . It's why quite rightly Sonic Team get the hate for when they screw up, like  with Sonic games like with Rivals or for some Sonic IV rather than blame the 3rd party developer in question

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is