Author Topic: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed disscussion  (Read 253499 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: SEGA announces Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
« Reply #300 on: October 07, 2012, 05:42:35 pm »
Hmmm... Over at Sonic Stadium, we were arguing about why Billy would be chosen to be a part of the rosters for All-Stars Racing games. S0L weighed in:

Historically, Billy was chosen on account of the character design alone, it appeals to kids and he's bright, colourful and happy.

Historically...

---
S0L
---

"Historically". Hmmm... is he trying to tell us something? Perhaps Billy ISN'T a racer and only a track is making its way to the second game?

Offline batfax

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #301 on: October 07, 2012, 06:53:13 pm »
Definitely hope Phantasy Star gets Alis in as one of the last reveals, or even hidden until release. She has plenty to work with from a vehicle standpoint and at the moment the only major Sega console that feels left out in terms of new content is the SMS.

I don't really mind whatever Billy's status is. Though he did have a pretty fun game, whether people believe it or not.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #302 on: October 08, 2012, 01:15:02 am »
@Barry
He didn't look too happy in the last game but had this staring look as if he was in a trance.

Also, my buddy STORM! doesn't look too happy that Sega hasn't announced the title for Japan yet. Sega West, share this game with Sega fans in Japan.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #303 on: October 08, 2012, 09:38:40 am »
Hmmm... Over at Sonic Stadium, we were arguing about why Billy would be chosen to be a part of the rosters for All-Stars Racing games. S0L weighed in:

"Historically". Hmmm... is he trying to tell us something? Perhaps Billy ISN'T a racer and only a track is making its way to the second game?

still sticking with my prediction of something billy hatcher related exclusive for Nintendo fans, cause they are all kids

SEGA is big on demographics, most companies are, but there is some companies who aren't, especially videogame companies. So it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

but if you take a marketing class you will see how important demographics are. I've never taken a marketing class, but one of my design classes we got taught about marketing by a teacher who believed marketing and demographics are important along with design. I honestly hated it lol, but i can see why it's needed.

if you ever get into Marketing, prepare to do lots of harsh stereotyping

edit: oh and barry, im sure you know all of this, was just talking in general! not specifically to you!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 10:00:31 am by Will »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #304 on: October 08, 2012, 06:17:08 pm »
@Barry. Hmm, either that, or simply that it is why they chose him for the first racing game. Sometimes it's like they're acting something is gonna be  there, and then it isn't. Sometimes they act something is not going to be there, and then it is. Knowing Sumo, they are very unpredictable.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #305 on: October 09, 2012, 07:49:06 am »
still sticking with my prediction of something billy hatcher related exclusive for Nintendo fans, cause they are all kids

SEGA is big on demographics, most companies are, but there is some companies who aren't, especially videogame companies. So it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

but if you take a marketing class you will see how important demographics are. I've never taken a marketing class, but one of my design classes we got taught about marketing by a teacher who believed marketing and demographics are important along with design. I honestly hated it lol, but i can see why it's needed.

if you ever get into Marketing, prepare to do lots of harsh stereotyping

edit: oh and barry, im sure you know all of this, was just talking in general! not specifically to you!

I definitely understand demographics and what not, but the game is made for a wide audience with many specific demographics...you could even say that Shinobi's in a scope that would appeal to 360 and PS3 gamers, but I just see SEGA piling all of their characters into each console as it's both fair and equal in terms of how many SEGA fans prefer what console.

Historically means both "He was in those games, so it makes sense if we did put him in" or "Since he's been in those games historically it makes sense to put him and his franchise in."

I wouldn't count all my eggs (pun intended) just yet, but I hope he's in...he's a fun character in a fun franchise.

Phantasy Star makes the most sense in this type of game due to the whole Sci Fi setting it has (other then Space Channel 5 as a franchise and Death Egg/Starlight Carnival in Sonic).

New interview: http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/10/04/interview-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-on-wii-u/1/.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:27:29 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #306 on: October 09, 2012, 10:36:34 am »
S0L is hinting at the third guest character, and it might be a PC exclusive:

http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/12679-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/page__st__3000#entry565723

This wouldn't be too far out there, since Renegade Ops PC release had a Half Life 2 exclusive vehicle.

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #307 on: October 09, 2012, 10:47:53 am »
I hope it's the Scout from TF. I wouldn't mind Bonkin' people.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #308 on: October 09, 2012, 11:31:49 am »
Good news for our Japanese friends!

http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/12679-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/page__st__3020#entry565738

Japanese version will happen, but will be later dates.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #309 on: October 09, 2012, 11:40:57 am »
Demographics my foot,most kids have no idea who BH is and they're more likely to be into Sonic and his friends.

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #310 on: October 09, 2012, 12:30:56 pm »
@Barry
SumoRex said that they may have to rework on the game for the Japanese market. Will they pull of a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom?

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #311 on: October 09, 2012, 01:23:21 pm »
@Barry
SumoRex said that they may have to rework on the game for the Japanese market. Will they pull of a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom?
I think the only thing they will change is promotional art, at most.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #312 on: October 09, 2012, 01:35:57 pm »
And perhaps the title. Perhaps touting SEGA over Sonic. SEGA RACING TRANSFORMED: GAME WORLD ADVENTURE

Offline batfax

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #313 on: October 09, 2012, 02:04:43 pm »
If there're extra characters in the Japanese release I wouldn't be surprised if they were characters we get as DLC down the road. For example, say, Phantasy Star doesn't make it in for the release but they make a DLC character in time for the US/EU release of PSO2 as well as appealing to the new fans already established in Japan.

Amazing case scenario: with all these re-releases going on they could even be planning Sakura Wars or something for other regions. I swear someone here linked an article saying Sega had at some point already translated the DC game and only needed VAs before it was canned for no reason or something. Lots of exciting maybes and fan-fantasies to dream about.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #314 on: October 09, 2012, 02:52:00 pm »
Japanese version will be superior.