Author Topic: How BottleRocker could've destroyed Streets of Rage  (Read 12078 times)

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
Re: How BottleRocker could've destroyed Streets of Rage
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2010, 11:15:21 am »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2010, 12:05:52 pm »
Anyone could make up that pic TA. sad really, really sad.

Its not a made up picture its a scan of my receipt. Here another one,  And I quite like Astal, even to this day.

I'm sorry to say quite real and quite correct.
The import shop in question is now what's known as  Videogameimports.com, if you must know.

Sorry no PS in those days.

Arcade adventure can be anything based on a arcade game meaning platform, beat em ups etc etc mixed in with RPG elements

So it can be any genre going ?, nice one. That means that practically any game is a Arcade game adventure, as long as it features some RPG elements .

Great thing I might play SAGA, that great Arcade Adventure  :roll:.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2010, 02:04:31 pm »
:S Okay, now this is weird.

Why don't you 2 stop fighting, and make a list of your 5EGA 5TARS in my other thread, be productive and share your favorite designers with others.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2010, 08:46:19 am »
Its not a made up picture its a scan of my receipt. Here another one,  And I quite like Astal, even to this day.

I'm sorry to say quite real and quite correct.
The import shop in question is now what's known as  Videogameimports.com, if you must know.
Too bad your word doesn't hold sway with me much anymore and its a fake, anyone could buy a recept machine these days, set any date scruch it up and pass it off as genuine. Nice try but no cigar.

Sorry no PS in those days.

Sorry you didn't own a saturn back then, before you discovered video games with the PSx. Nice try for a fake though.

Arcade adventure can be anything based on a arcade game meaning platform, beat em ups etc etc mixed in with RPG elements

So it can be any genre going ?, nice one. That means that practically any game is a Arcade game adventure, as long as it features some RPG elements . Great thing I might play SAGA, that great Arcade Adventure  :roll:.

And officially you are an idiot with that last comment.
1) YAKUZA beat em up elements has more in common with SPIKEOUT than SOR and do you want to know why? because SOR doesn't play or look like YAKUZA in 3d and we all know this thanks to the actual games that were released on the MD and the demo trailers for the canned DC version which also never resembled YAKUZA in how it was played in 3D.

Second) You want to pass off as an elder gamer yet have no clue what an arcade adventure is. You haven't a clue pre 97 about gaming culture and termonoly let alone Sega.

And here's Sega's webpage in japan where the game originally originated from you know.

http://sega.jp/ps3/ryuga4/

Now look at the classification....
AAD. That's short for ARCADE ADVENTURE. GET IT? like STG is short for SHOOTING,ARPG is short for ACTION RPG and so on.
A list of the game genre classifications can be found here.

http://sega.jp/cgi-bin/csgame.cgi?rpp=2 ... fw=&sort=2
And scroll down the page.

And really any game? HAHAHA, What a joke you have become. Keep up the good work i needed a laugh.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2010, 09:27:08 am »
Too bad your word doesn't hold sway with me much anymore and its a fake, anyone could buy a recept machine these days, set any date scruch it up and pass it off as genuine

EDIT

You its real and I'm tired if the silly little fighting. Lets both grow up a little and stop the silly little insults

Sorry you didn't own a saturn back then

You know I did, so lets stop being silly.

You want to pass off as an elder gamer yet have no clue what an arcade adventure is.

No I like you to tell me and then list what a Arcade Adventure is . Then we can have a debate on it

AAD. That's short for ARCADE ADVENTURE. GET IT?

??. Its classed like Sonic Unleashed ECT, and Tomb Raider Now you're going to make out Sonic Unleashed, TR  are a Arcade Adventure games ?

BTW ADD stands for Action Adventure not Arcade Adventure.  

So please lets just move on
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2010, 07:07:03 am »
You its real and I'm tired if the silly little fighting. Lets both grow up a little and stop the silly little insults

Hit the mark did I? :lol:

Sorry you didn't own a saturn back then

You know I did, so lets stop being silly.

No I don't actually.

You want to pass off as an elder gamer yet have no clue what an arcade adventure is.

No I like you to tell me and then list what a Arcade Adventure is . Then we can have a debate on it
In other words you don't know. What a suprise and what little credibility you had left. A REAL gamer wouldn't even need to ask and don't bother trying to say yoyu want to see my defination on it because it was given to you but it isn't my defination. Thefact you don't know confirmed what i suspected that your some playstation fan who discovered games during that time and is now passing himself as a longterm gamer from the eighties. Is your life that sad that you need to pretend? Really?

??. Its classed like Sonic Unleashed ECT, and Tomb Raider Now you're going to make out Sonic Unleashed, TR  are a Arcade Adventure games  ?

BTW ADD stands for Action Adventure not Arcade Adventure.  

So please lets just move on  
HAHAHAHAHA Tomb raider? No you are an idiot. HAHAHAHA. YAKUZA is not an action adventure. Never has and never will. action adventure doesn't mix RPG elements in its game play. Slows the action down, more or less action adventure has a puzzle element in it which YAKUZA doesn't have. Try again.

And as for your pleads to leave it, I told you to leave me alone and you said NO. Now you're losing the argument you can't take it? I didn't start it bub, just remember that.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2010, 02:06:10 am »
Isn't there a forum rule against, flame wars?

This thread should be divided or locked.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2010, 03:13:55 am »
HAHAHAHAHA Tomb raider? No you are an idiot. HAHAHAHA. YAKUZA is not an action adventure

You see is there any point in having a debate with you . Go to SOJ website and you see the likes of Tom Raider, Sonic Unleashed, Hitman, X-men ,Pirates of the Caribbean ECT  all classed as AAD (even though most of them have ever appeared in the Arcades), the very same as Yakuza, AAD  that stands for Action Adventure.

Do a little translation of the SOJ website categories and you'll soon find out what it really means.

No I don't actually

Yes you do.

Hit the mark did I?

No I think its more the point we're being to do this boards head in, with the silly little spats. Now I could play the silly game and same unlike me, you have never once back up your claims, no scans, no photo's no nothing,  For all everyone knows,  you don't own a 360, a PS3, never mind a DC, Saturn, Mega CD, PSP  ECT....
I could just wait for replay .... and just keep on asking to prove it

In the end I doubt people really care.

I don't know of anyone that would spend a  complete fortune on e-bay to try and get one over you. Some were just lucky enough to buy the Hardware and games at the time, and still be able hold on to them, more so if you're fans of the system in question.

I think most would rather stick to the topic.
 On that a 3D Scrolling Beat Them Up, just don't sell or interest people like they did 16 bit days, people expect more value for a £50 quid game, to one that can be finished in a couple of hours (like SOR). Unless SOJ are going to make it into some sort of Big epic like Batman Arkham Asylum, I don't see how it could possible sell in today's market.

That is not a dig at SOR, just more a dig at today's market for games.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2010, 03:23:36 am »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
Isn't there a forum rule against, flame wars?

This thread should be divided or locked.

No, but there is common sense and education. Sit back and relax.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2010, 04:24:34 am »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
Dynamite Dekka wasn't a good game,

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2010, 06:39:30 am »
I didn't make this thread, so these 2 can start insulting each other.

@MadeManG74: It was simply average, I never said it was bad. You can't call games like Zombie Revenge and Dynamite Cop 2, good games.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2010, 11:02:16 am »

Please I don't do Personal insults, and that is very clear with regards to any thread I post in

I never said it was bad. You can't call games like Zombie Revenge and Dynamite Cop 2, good games.

I agree, the 1st Die-hard Arcade game was brilliant, the sequel lacking and Zombie Revenge was very disappointing
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2010, 01:22:44 pm »
The first one was a much bigger priority at Sega.

- something related to SOR4 was in it, I am not sure if it was intended as SOR4 but it certainly was an experiment in that direction.
- AM1 + STI worked to make the game. Golden Axe creator Makato Uchida was involved as well.
- They got the license of DIE HARD for the American release

Quote from: "Team Andromeda"

Please I don't do Personal insults, and that is very clear with regards to any thread I post in

You need to learn when to stop, I haven't read your flame war posts in there entirety but you kept replying and replying to ROJM, flaming the fire.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2010, 08:02:05 am »
but you kept replying and replying to ROJM

Yes, but I don't insult him, call him names or do personal insults. There is a difference.

The first one was a much bigger priority at Sega.

I don't think so, otherwise it would have been made on a Model 2 board. I think both games were given the same Priority.

AM1 + STI worked to make the game. Golden Axe creator Makato Uchida was involved as well.
both Die- Hard Arcade games,  Alien Front Online World Series Basball were made in the USA with AM#1 Japanese staff shipped over

From a  Die-Hard Arcade Interview with Nakaqawa-san, the USA staff helped the Japanese Team with the Art, but all the program and development was by Japanese staff.

Sometimes a sequel isn't has good, even with most of the same staff (i.e Daytona USA II)
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is