Author Topic: Sega f*cking up  (Read 8010 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Sega f*cking up
« on: January 13, 2012, 02:56:38 am »
It happens to all of us from time to time, humans f*ck sh*t up.

Let's talk about things Sega did wrong.

I'll start off with this hilarious piece of news I stumbled upon this morning.
I don't even know what to say lol
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Sega f*cking up
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 06:03:59 am »
Wow, do people in this day and age still e-mail support to ask these kind of questions?  :o

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 06:47:24 am »
Wow, do people in this day and age still e-mail support to ask these kind of questions?  :o

It is absolute foolhardy for whoever that poster is getting up in arms over that. Why are you emailing customer support? Are you a customer? Do you need help with one of their products? If you answer no to both question then why are you emailing customer support? This is not what customer support is for and shows the person has very little understanding in the whole matter. You are meant to either contact the PR OR better yet, legal department of a company, customer support employees are not trained to answer this question. Seeing people say they lose respect from SEGA or say they will never buy a SEGA product is mostly rich though, like they had very little interest in SEGA post Mega Drive.

So not sure if that is a thing SEGA is doing "Wrong" that being said, with the exception of that Streets of Rage fangame, SEGA allows dozens of fangames of their star IP and many more of other series, I am sure the people posting that article or ripping into SEGA has very little knowledge of that.

But hey, do not let facts get in the way of getting angry.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 10:31:28 am »
lol

I just found amusing the automated response, then this video was the cherry on top of the cake. I laughed hard.

Most people are dumbasses though, this SOPA thing just highlights this fact even more.

Sega's support should have just ignored the email.
SEG4GES

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 11:17:24 am »
It is absolute foolhardy for whoever that poster is getting up in arms over that. Why are you emailing customer support? Are you a customer? Do you need help with one of their products? If you answer no to both question then why are you emailing customer support? This is not what customer support is for and shows the person has very little understanding in the whole matter. You are meant to either contact the PR OR better yet, legal department of a company, customer support employees are not trained to answer this question.

Great! One more time, Aki does what Sterling dont!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 02:43:22 pm »
I guess the real problem here is what if you had a legit technical error to ask about and they just responded with a auto-reply, "Reset your computer dude"?

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 03:23:20 pm »
I guess the real problem here is what if you had a legit technical error to ask about and they just responded with a auto-reply, "Reset your computer dude"?

THAT I can agree with, being poor customer service, but some of the comments I've seen on this whole thing have been way overblown. I do not agree with SOPA and am against it, but if this is the best way people are trying to stich up companies in a way of trying to report "News" then no wonder game journalism is in the toilet.

But perhaps SEGA is urging us to hard reset the American government, yes that must be it, SEGA's telling us to reset the American government, calling for a revolution!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 03:32:53 pm »
I think by 'Hard' reset, they are urging us to violently overthrow the government.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 04:55:17 pm »
I think by 'Hard' reset, they are urging us to violently overthrow the government.

Are you implying SEGA is going to make Kazuma punch Obama in the face and replace him as President? Then replace the entire American government with SEGA characters? Bayonetta to get education? Sonic for transport? Akira Yuki for defence?!?

If so I completely agree with you.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 03:21:44 am »
Are you implying SEGA is going to make Kazuma punch Obama in the face and replace him as President? Then replace the entire American government with SEGA characters? Bayonetta to get education? Sonic for transport? Akira Yuki for defence?!?

If so I completely agree with you.
I would love to see that. Make Honey first lady and Jacky Bryant vice President, then Kazuma gets my vote.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 04:05:54 pm »
It is absolute foolhardy for whoever that poster is getting up in arms over that. Why are you emailing customer support? Are you a customer? Do you need help with one of their products? If you answer no to both question then why are you emailing customer support? This is not what customer support is for and shows the person has very little understanding in the whole matter. You are meant to either contact the PR OR better yet, legal department of a company, customer support employees are not trained to answer this question. Seeing people say they lose respect from SEGA or say they will never buy a SEGA product is mostly rich though, like they had very little interest in SEGA post Mega Drive.

So not sure if that is a thing SEGA is doing "Wrong" that being said, with the exception of that Streets of Rage fangame, SEGA allows dozens of fangames of their star IP and many more of other series, I am sure the people posting that article or ripping into SEGA has very little knowledge of that.

But hey, do not let facts get in the way of getting angry.

Well i think it was more to it than that, the music in SOR doesn't belong to Sega for one thing so i think there were issues with that as well. Besides they're probably doing their own version or they wouldn't have reacted like that.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 10:25:27 am »
Well i think it was more to it than that, the music in SOR doesn't belong to Sega for one thing so i think there were issues with that as well. Besides they're probably doing their own version or they wouldn't have reacted like that.
But SOR has been out in PSN/XBLA and in some compilations with original soundtracks.
SEG4GES

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 02:04:35 am »
So not sure if that is a thing SEGA is doing "Wrong" that being said, with the exception of that Streets of Rage fangame, SEGA allows dozens of fangames of their star IP and many more of other series, I am sure the people posting that article or ripping into SEGA has very little knowledge of that

Its SEGA IP and IP that SEGA still uses for packs even putting it on I -Phone ECT. SEGA had every right too and it made sense for SEGA to take the fan remake game down has SEGA still makes money and uses that IP and also like ROJM  said the music is a trademark to Yuzo too
I wouldn't mind betting along with the planned Guardian heroes II that some people inside SEGA will be looking at doing a XBLA/PSN update

So I don't know why anyone could complain at SEGA for doing what it did . 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 05:14:34 am »
Because its still cool to bash Sega. :'(
But i can understand the confusion, there's dozens of fan made games made about sonic which is their maquee IP  and they hardly go gung ho over that as far as i'm aware, so the whole SOR may puzzle people. But of course like aki said it didn't stop some people to generalise Sega and portray them as an evil corp.

the only similar situation to this was when someone made an app game RPG using the name FOOTBALL MANAGER in the title and Sega slapped it down hard.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 02:31:17 am »
Because its still cool to bash Sega. :'(

In most cases SEGA doesn't help it's self , but this time it SEGA were in the right . About Sonic fan-remakes have any of them actually finished product's?.
I think the big difference with Street Of Rage remake was that it was a rather good remake and a finished product with all the games , where most of the Sonic stuff seems to be the odd level here and there and tech demo's
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure