Author Topic: Have you seen this video game? Please call Vapourware Central  (Read 2532 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Duke Nukem Forever was for the years the punchline for this particular category. I was browsing through this list on Eurogamer.net and it struck me just how many titles, particularly from major franchises that have been MIA for way too long.

Anyho, what do we do here? Chat about some of the games that are not on this list, possibly name a few others and have a good nice conversation about 'em.

I got a few, that are worth chatting on...

Huxley: I still own the Xbox Magazine DVd with the annoucement trailer from 2006. This game has been either cancelled or probably released in very specific markets
Captain Blood: An obscure hack&slash that actually made some noise, it was one of those odd Xbox 360 and PC titles that got a trailer on 2009, made some noise in 2010 but nothing else. The 360 version has been scrapped, yet the PC version is still TBC to this day.

That's all I got for now.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Have you seen this video game? Please call Vapourware Central
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 11:56:45 pm »
Oh man, I remember thinking Huxley looked really cool way back when I read a magazine feature on it. It sounded pretty exciting at the time, and I'd forgotten about it completely until now. I have one:

100 Bullets: Based on the rather excellent comic book series, this was originally slated to be released in 2007 on Xbox, PS2 and PC. It got to the point where they had a CGI trailer and some screenshots (with some cool looking graphic stylings I might add), but it never eventuated. Apparently there was an announcement that it would be moved to Xbox 360 and PS3, but that also seems to have disappeared.
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFfMp-tg-zA

I was looking forward to this game as well, being a big fan of the comics. It didn't seem to capture the comics all that well to be honest, but I think the IP could work brilliantly if done right. Hopefully it's still out there somewhere and they focus less on the action and more on the adventure/mystery side of the story. It would be great if you could literally only use those 100 bullets, and didn't have access to any other ammunition for example.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 06:29:45 pm »

I was thinking about this a lot since early Summer, I feel that Blade Kitten: Episode II right now is either vapourware or simply stuck in development hell due to problems with the original title's publisher.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 07:46:25 am »
The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy Versus XIII [spoiler]just don't mention it to the Final Fantasy Crazies[/spoiler]

Starfox 2 is a classic example too as it was finished, but never released.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 05:38:55 pm »
I don't see The Last Guardian getting canned.

One game that I think it's getting pretty close to being labeled as vapourware would be Beyond Good & Evil 2. I mean, we got a vague trailer like what..? E3 2008, maybe? Then one leaked video, after that, it's been complete blackout. Hmmm...