Author Topic: Don't you hate it when this happens!?  (Read 2934 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Don't you hate it when this happens!?
« on: September 04, 2012, 03:05:35 pm »

(pic semi-related)

I've had some minor frustrations while playin' a few games. One situation in particular, the first time I played Shenmue was actually the most annoying time... like ever.

I had played the original Shenmue up to well, just when I [spoiler]took Naoyuki's bike to meet up with the Mad Angel's boss Terry. I must've failed that bike section so many damn times, I was nervous.[/spoiler] Anyhoo, some friends of mine showed up the next day and I decided to show them Shenmue off and I remember saving that game. Later that day, I wanted to pick up where I had left off and it loads me back to the new save file. I had accidentally overwritten my original save file... Oh, Lord I cussed so much that day.

So, tell us your frustrating story...

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Don't you hate it when this happens!?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 04:51:59 pm »
The original PS had this memory card managing software. It was pretty raw and trippy.

Instead of performing the simple task of copying a save from one card to another, I deleted my Wip3out save.

I only had worked on it for 5 years and got gold at every course with every ship on every difficulty level.
I never played the game again. It makes me angry just thinking about it and it was quite a while ago.
SEG4GES

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 06:07:41 am »
i played evolution 2 untill the last boss. and i lost a few times and promised t play it again someday.
but i never did anymore. cause being in that hypnotising moment i just loved the game.
but when i thought back of it it was not as good as evolution 1

its not really what the topic is  about but it was really frusty.
its the turn based rpg game im talking about

-dreamfall the journey save got corrupted and never played it anymore

« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:10:01 am by semmie »

Offline max_cady

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 08:21:04 am »
Right, sorry about the vague reference.. For this topic, I meant stuff that happens while your playin'.
The power goes out and you just wasted 3 hours for nothing. You accidentally deleting your save file. Save file corruption also counts. I should know.

My Sonic 4: Episode I file got corrupted for whatever reason and it was only when Episode II was coming out in a couple of weeks that I had the patience to do it all again.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 10:25:48 am »
Still, you can complete Sonic 4 Ep1 in a couple of hours..

Does being mad and breaking the game disc count for this thread? I've done that a few times with Football games.
The first time I did it was with ISS Pro Evolution 2 for the PS1.
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 03:54:39 pm »
Yes, that counts too.

One of my close friends actually broke his Pro Evolution Soccer 6 game disc... on purpose. He really hated the game. It was one of those promo discs, but still.

I hate a lot of games, but not enough to trash 'em.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 06:04:30 am »
Finding Space Channel 5: Part 2 so hard (the Pudding section), I did get past that bit in Report 2, but I feel like I am cheated out of an otherwise perfect button/D-Pad input.

Not sure if the game itself is cheating me out but half of the inputs I do correctly don't input...of course I can't blame the game when I do them wrong (which is the other half the time when I forget the pattern), but it's kind of happened a few times on this particular Report.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.