Author Topic: The curious case of the stolen Resident Evil 6 copies  (Read 2239 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
The curious case of the stolen Resident Evil 6 copies
« on: September 08, 2012, 06:49:45 pm »

Source

Right now, this news is almost as big as the game itself. It starts out like most of these stories, typically a store will say "To hell with this, we're gonna break the street date!".  These are generally Mom and Pop'shops, ocasionally a big name store(Walmart, Gamestop,etc). There's said to have been repurcissions over these actions, who can forget Lik-Sang, a store who filled for bankrupty after several legal issues with Sony?

This case in paticular has had some weird twists. The main thing is that those very limited copies of the german PS3 version that were sold in Poland were stolen. It's all very vague and thus this topic is all about speculation...

How does one go about selling stolen copies in a store? Did the owners knew that they were stolen? Did someone give it to them and they sold it anyway? Was it some sort of pawn shop, which would make sense, but since those are already under tight police survaillance, it's hard to tell.

One thing that I can indeed vouch for, imported items, that is stuff that gets sent into Poland from other countries, be it wine, produce, music cds and such, must have a goverment approved stamps(or labels), if not customs will take notice of it immediately. It's a holdover from the communist regime but it's also a good way to ensure secure transport of goods and services. That might explain why the copies were almost immediately identified as stolen, or at minimum that they had entered the country through illegal means, aka smuggled.

The game hasn't been leaked online or any of the few stores I checked, which might throw a wrench into the whole story's veracity. But I digress, what is your take on this?

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
Re: The curious case of the stolen Resident Evil 6 copies
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 12:39:18 am »
I want to know the endings and cameos for this game, but I'm probably going to buy it when my friend does before that happens.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site