Author Topic: SEGA Franchise Week – Streets of Rage  (Read 7457 times)

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
Re: SEGA Franchise Week – Streets of Rage
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2014, 07:09:49 pm »
It's a pity the Creative Assembly in Australia was put down. I would have loved to have seen their digital take on a Streets of Rage game. I really don't think investing in a 2D game for PSN and XBL would really break their bank.

I guess an interesting question:

Should a new SoR be 3D and a stab at "state of the art" or should it hop on the retro bandwagon?

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 01:39:21 am »
It's a pity the Creative Assembly in Australia was put down. I would have loved to have seen their digital take on a Streets of Rage game. I really don't think investing in a 2D game for PSN and XBL would really break their bank.

Should a new SoR be 3D and a stab at "state of the art" or should it hop on the retro bandwagon?
I agree with you on that. After looking at the Golden Axe footage, my heart sinked when the division closed down along with the game.

That multiplayer feature would have done the game some justice.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 04:20:41 am »

If Sega had gone through with GOLDEN AXE and SOR, the vita adventure game and FPS Kinect game from the different members of the Sega tech group or Hardlight and another game, Sega west would have been in a better position than they are now. Too much spending on contract game development and the fiasco that won't stop with ALIENS CM added with the way the market was at that time was the death knell for all those projects. 
And the sad thing is we were all there..we all saw the traction sega was getting from those games up to 2012. People were talking about Sega in a good light again. The sales were climbing slowly but surely in the console arena. And they pulled the plug and were back to square one.
In many ways BINARY DOMAIN kinda signifys the end of another particular era of Sega while ACM was the beginning of another....bad gaming/bad luck...PC focus..digtal focus..no localisations..licensing out ip..and Sonic mismangement...and SOJ showing disdain for the west and their fans once again..

While prior to that from 2008, we had some of the better Sonic games...good solid western games original and based on sega IP, more localisations, more ports..good second party support....Sega japan and Sega west moving in the same direction and seemingly wanting to make their mark in the west again...and it was showing in the games coming out...then bang 2012....well it speaks for itself..