Author Topic: New Details on Next Sonic Game  (Read 3128 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
New Details on Next Sonic Game
« on: June 03, 2014, 07:31:29 pm »
i know i know.. TSSZ.. i know everyone hates them... but don't shoot the messenger! the actual source is Sonic Retro forums.

Maybe Sonic Boom isn’t your thing. If not, don’t worry–there’s always the game after. And it’s pretty clear there will be a main Sonic that follows Boom if a knowledgeable community tech member is to be believed.

Endri, who occasionally posts on the Sonic Retro forums, turned up today on that website’s Sonic Boom thread to there is, indeed, another title coming after Boom. We could have guessed that much, but we couldn’t guess the format, and if you’re looking for a callback to Generations, Endri’s words, left in response to another forumer’s prediction the next Sonic would be in the vein of Sonic Lost World, may leave you disappointed:

"In fact, it surprisingly isn’t. Now that you mentioned this, I must say that they already have working prototypes. I’ve seen it: it is not [Lost World] 2 and neither it follows the Generations formula. MSFT devs are quite often in contact with them in order to aid them in the process of porting/implementing subsystems with Xbox One-exclusive implementations—subsystems which are platform dependant [sic]—and this is mainly because the Durango’s Japanese documentation sucks.

But I’m afraid this is as much as I’m allowed to mention at this given time."

We would normally not give remarks like this attention except for the fact Endri’s profile on Retro notes he is, by profession, a game developer and coder–meaning he likely has the tools and access to know what he’s talking about.

http://www.tssznews.com/2014/06/03/working-prototypes-of-next-sonic-allegedly-in-existence/
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 11:28:04 pm by Will »

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: New Details on Next Gen Sonic Game
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 07:48:27 pm »
There was a guy on 4chan a few weeks ago claiming to be an insider who made a similar proclamation as well.  he stated that the next game would not follow SLW's gameplay style but also wasn't a boost game. 

I would assume it's something in-between?  As always, it's best just to wait and see or like TSSZ, you'll frequently make an ass of yourself.   

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 07:50:54 pm »
I dont have any problem with Tssz guys  :)  and for me Sonc Boom is looking pretty good. About the next Sonic game from Sonic team i have the felling that the next game will be much hardcore than Sonic lost world. Especially because the last one was suppose to be more for a Nintendo audience and the next will be for next generation consoles. I dont know if we will be able to play with another characters but i think it will have a stronger history for example.

Offline Happy Cat

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 11:45:01 pm »
How did this guy not lose his job?  Or something?

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 11:24:16 pm »
I guess I'll lock this until we get more details. If you happen to stumble upon something make a new topic for it and we'll either use that one or merge them or something. There really is nothing to discuss. I was just a bit hyped up yesterday.