Author Topic: SEGA Europe Interview - Aquisition, Quality, Alien VR, Returning Classics  (Read 7551 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44

Loads of interesting tidbits here... Glad to see they are still thinking about Alien Isolation because it's one of those games I really, really want a sequel too but don't expect to happen sadly.

Never heard of SEGA Searchlight before... Interesting. And he name drops Shenmue when talking about remastering classics? Unless he has no idea how to do PR I guess we know what's coming!

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/23/sega-amplitude-pc-publisher/
Made by SEGA

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
A lotta juicy stuff there.
I guess that SEGA Europe's strategy is creating a massive stronghold on the PC Market and as far as I can tell they seem to have that nailed down pretty good.

An internal Greenlight-ish studio, uh? That could be interesting, all things considered.

The thing about newer versions of classic games is the one that has me puzzled. They could be digging up some of their other Dreamcast titles or are they getting some of their old Xbox / Playstation 2 / Gamecube titles?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Very interesting.

Sega is slowing getting great again.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Shenmue remasters?

*breaths heavily and stares intensely*
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 02:09:01 pm by Tad »

Offline Trippled

I'd say it's about time for new Yosuke Okunari's projects...

ca. 2004-2008: Sega Ages PS2 ports, also Sega Rally PS2 port, Virtual Console stuff
ca. 2009-2013: PS3, X360 ports starting from Virtual On 360 and ending with Jet Set Radio and the Japan only Model 2 games, Light Gun games on Wii (Ghost Squad, L.A. Machinegun, HotD)
ca. 2013-2016: Only 3D Classics

There gotta be more, best to PC/Xbone/PS4

Offline Deefy

• SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
Thanks Sharky for the tip about the link, the interview is interesting and in addition to the various information anyway a lot enlightening and pleasant to read (like the treatment of the studios, the quality etc.), what excites me the most in the short term is the advance of the ad of new projects that by how they were presented in the interview they would seem juicy titles.

Concerning SEGA Searchlight, yeah, I had it found as brief description in job advertisements of SoE few months ago, maybe a year, but now I have everything clearer.

Anyway it would seem really that the new rising of SEGA is slow but inexorable.
SEGA STYLE

Offline max_cady

#MakeSegaGreatAgain  ;-D

Offline Tad

Re: SEGA Europe Interview - Aquisition, Quality, Alien VR, Returning Classics
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 02:51:11 am »
About Alien...

Although Isolation sold fairly well and seems to sit in the good catagory, I'm not so sure a sequel with the same mechanics would really do it. I can see doing more of the same for another 10+ hours could be quite fatiguing for many regardless if the story (which in my opinion, the best since the first film) is good.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 03:05:04 am »
Alien with co-op would be amazing. One could lure the alien away and the other attack from its back
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2016, 04:15:25 am »
Ohh! That would be interesting. It could also add something to the single player too.

As we've seen in the films, the aliens aren't indestructible, so maybe something like Aliens would be a good bases for Isolation 2. You setup a defensive for your "base" and head out to complete objectives. In the process, you salvage what you can and play in two different styles. You either hide from the aliens or go in guns blazing providing you have the ammo and firepower etc.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 06:07:48 am by Tad »

Offline Sharky

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2016, 06:37:25 am »
Yep Alien Isolation 2 with a multiplayer campaign would be insane, even better in an open ended world where you could part ways and do different tasks or go it togeather... A vs mode would be good too where you simply have to survive areas and get to the goal first and can use the Alien to fuck each other over.
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2016, 08:18:19 am »
Ohh, that would be pretty interesting too. Right, I'll code, you two do the graphics! Sorted! :)

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 04:49:46 pm »

Offline Sharky

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 08:24:29 am »
HI, Post had another interview with MCV, here it is:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/european-boss-jurgen-post-on-sega-s-return/0172392

"Stormrise, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Condemned, Planet 51, The Golden Compass, Iron Man, Let’s Tap, The Incredible Hulk...
There was a period in Sega’s recent history where it released a seemingly endless number of (often not very good) games."

Condemned? on the list of 'Not very good?'
CONDEMNED?
CONDEMNED?!

U fuckin wot m8?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/condemned-criminal-origins
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 09:18:43 am »
Viking: Battle of Asgard was an excellent game, very underrated. I recall it was one of the first times George and I saw eye to eye on something, lol. Now we agree all the time.

Also, Let's Tap was solid.