Author Topic: Captain America: Super Soldier: Out this week, reviews and movie chat!  (Read 20748 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
@ROJM

If that is indeed the case, then an article such as this, is really nothing more than speculation.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
@ROJM

If that is indeed the case, then an article such as this, is really nothing more than speculation.

Not really, the deal that Sega had before was an extended deal which allowed them to publish and create the other three Marvel games. They originally only had IRON MAN. And the contract was a multiyear deal which meant it could be amended either way from what I understand. But i did say that before. Up to a month ago i thought CM was the last game but recently I've been told otherwise.
But with Xmen and everything else licensed to Fox and anyone else,it would take a while for any licenses to revert back to Marvel/Disney.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:07:09 am by ROJM »

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
Got the Wii version in the mail yesterday. Will play through for a review.
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
@ROJM

Well, Disney's focus as of late is to produce casual titles for iPad and other mobile platforms, they even released a Captain America game on the iPhone I think.

If there is any break-up no doubt that there will be some sort of annoucement first and foremost.

It is a shame if it ends right now, though, I finished Caps about 5 minutes ago and it is actually good, mind you, not AAA caliber, just good.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
@ROJM

Well, Disney's focus as of late is to produce casual titles for iPad and other mobile platforms, they even released a Captain America game on the iPhone I think.

If there is any break-up no doubt that there will be some sort of annoucement first and foremost.

It is a shame if it ends right now, though, I finished Caps about 5 minutes ago and it is actually good, mind you, not AAA caliber, just good.

Yeah, Disney did the same with THOR a while back using a flash game to promote the film.  But concerning the article,Disney/marvel are obviously going to follow Sega west's model,using contract studios to create their game content instead of going inhouse. Anyhow the sooner we should hear or see this game should be  towards NY comic con 2012 which is when i expect that Sega will let loose playable ALIENS COLONIAL MARINES demos to the public unless they plan to do it sooner .

As for cap, yes that is my impression also,its good average, i enjoyed it and better than the other Marvel HD titles. I'd say, Its more of a game you'd replay when you're in the mood to waste a couple of hours or so rather than a game that you can't get enough of.

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
Re: Captain America: Super Soldier: Out this week, reviews and movie chat!
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2011, 03:07:00 am »
Beat the game and even got my first Platinum trophy. I loved the game but there are a few nitpicks.

1. Once you beat the game, going back to collect treasures is kinda boring.

2. To unlock Classic Cap, you either had to of pre-ordered the game or collect 25,000 intel points. That takes so long, I beat the game and beat every challenge map before getting the suit.

3. Like the Wii, you don't get to fight Red Skull at all. Even a draw match would have been something cool. Madame Hydra was awesome though.
Grammar Expert Plus