Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 281538 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #375 on: October 03, 2014, 04:21:15 am »

Wouldn't Metal Gear Rising make the most sense? 

MGR was using material left out of VANQUISH.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 07:36:43 am by ROJM »

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #376 on: October 03, 2014, 09:17:06 am »
If the PG thing is indeed true, then why isn't it on NeoGAF? Wouldn't they not give a damn if SEGA or PG have a go at them for ousting it?

You'd think it'd be a thread on a few forums by now, even if it's a rumour.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #377 on: October 03, 2014, 10:25:46 am »
He's got parts of it right....but not everything. I wouldn't say PG ripped anyone off in my opinion. And there was a game in the works for Sega that never got released/made. But that's rumors for you. You don't get the full story or the full truth....
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:29:10 am by ROJM »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #378 on: October 03, 2014, 07:01:53 pm »
RIP Platinum Games X SEGA team up.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #379 on: October 03, 2014, 08:52:28 pm »
If the PG thing is indeed true, then why isn't it on NeoGAF? Wouldn't they not give a damn if SEGA or PG have a go at them for ousting it?

You'd think it'd be a thread on a few forums by now, even if it's a rumour.

It's turned up on /v/ a few times I think. Everyone says it's 'Shitty clickbait with no sources' and that 'Platinum wouldn't 'steal' the money, because they don't have their own series like Gearbox did' and then everyone gets called a shill.

http://archive.moe/v/thread/266258021
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:54:09 pm by MadeManG74 »

Offline George

« Reply #380 on: October 03, 2014, 08:54:38 pm »
Personally I think they where working on some game with SEGA and was just really lazy about it and after bombs that took too long to develop: Alien: Colonial Marines and Alpha Protocol, they probably didn't think it was wise to push more money.

In the end a game can push 1.25 million units and make money... if the budget is right. If its true that 50% funding went into Bayonetta 2 or another game, then there was only a trailer and some screenshots...

Thats a big issue.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #381 on: October 03, 2014, 08:58:40 pm »
I just read this in the archived thread:
Why does everyone keep bullying Sega, it's like beating up a disabled kid

Ouch.

Offline George

« Reply #382 on: October 03, 2014, 09:07:51 pm »
Hahah, i mean isn't it? It just seems that SEGA doesn't really know what they are doing half the time.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #383 on: October 03, 2014, 09:36:10 pm »
Hahah, i mean isn't it? It just seems that SEGA doesn't really know what they are doing half the time.

They never have, in fairness. They should have been the biggest third party out there by about five years ago.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #384 on: October 04, 2014, 05:08:27 am »
They never have, in fairness. They should have been the biggest third party out there by about five years ago.

Yes and that's down to SOJ management and SOJ manegement alone. Why is it that Sega became a household name in the United States when Michael Katz was around? Why was it the Sega became a multi million dollar company when Kalinske was running the show? Why is it when Simon Jeffery was running Sega that the company became the 5th biggest third party in the united states by 2oo7? Why is it that Hayes was around Sega became dominant in various fields and had people talking again about Sega and were excited about their titles and gained more ground to become the succesful division for the group for five years running?
What happened when SOJ ran the show? Oh yes the Saturn, the 32x,the dreamcast and the early noughties and now this period from 2013 onwards. There isn't a debate on this. Sega always had the games. Its just they never knew how to tell the people thatt hey HAD them. And their decisions have always been abysmal. Sega consoles never hit big until the saturn,Sega europe made the master system a hit in europe. Tectoy who licensed the MS in brazil made that system popular for years way after its lifespan. You have to see it for what it is. SOJ management DON'T know what they're doing. That's the bottom line. Its always funny how an company which is essentially american....founded on the principles of pushing innovation and great content by David Rosen...has ONLY been succesful when a westerner was running the show. The japanese i'm sorry to say were only good at one thing in Sega..to make the games. That's it. And they're not doing that properly anymore.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #385 on: October 04, 2014, 05:13:12 am »
Personally I think they where working on some game with SEGA and was just really lazy about it and after bombs that took too long to develop: Alien: Colonial Marines and Alpha Protocol, they probably didn't think it was wise to push more money.

In the end a game can push 1.25 million units and make money... if the budget is right. If its true that 50% funding went into Bayonetta 2 or another game, then there was only a trailer and some screenshots...

Thats a big issue.

Like i said the deal with PG was to do with the contract..nothing more. The game they were making for Sega under Inaba san never got completed IE never released. Sega was intrested in Bay 2 until they were hit by their own mini crash and the plug was pulled on all game development.
I very much doubt that Sega would continue to support the title with PG if they had such a falling out which is what this guy is saying. Why let them continue a game with their IP and let them have the code of the original if you don't want ANYTHING to do with them anymore? But the real story will come out at some point...

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #386 on: October 06, 2014, 09:24:21 am »
Who's going to replay Bayonetta 1 before playing Bayonetta 2?

I might, because it's been so long since I played the first, and I want to see what it's like with the new bells and whistles.

I bought my Wii-U yesterday, I'll be ready when this game drops.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #387 on: October 08, 2014, 11:59:06 am »
Have you guys seen the new Bayonetta article posted on the front page posted by Ben? Just spreading the news since i know hardly anyone checks the front page and thought it might be of interest to you guys.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #388 on: October 08, 2014, 12:55:55 pm »
Have you guys seen the new Bayonetta article posted on the front page posted by Ben? Just spreading the news since i know hardly anyone checks the front page and thought it might be of interest to you guys.

CLICKBAIT!

Either pastebin that shit or GTFO.

(Just kidding, I did see it but I'm at work, so I can't watch the vid right now :< )

Offline ROJM

« Reply #389 on: October 09, 2014, 07:20:32 am »
i DONT WATCH VIDEO ARTICLES.