Author Topic: SEGA Racing Games - You Don't Just Play at Steering, You Live It  (Read 83660 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA Racing Games - You Don't Just Play at Steering, You Live It
« Reply #225 on: October 10, 2022, 04:00:23 am »
Ver.1.6 of "Initial D THE ARCADE" has been Released for Arcade
Release Date : October 06, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez4iRNSp6QI

2 units have been added!
- IMPREZA WRX STI (GDBF) [AR]
-LANCER EVOLUTION X GSR (CZ4A) [HC]
and new course "Nagao" has been added!
Can you conquer the super advanced course that is one of the best in the series! ?

Source : https://sega.jp/topics/221006_3/

Offline Berto

« Reply #226 on: October 24, 2022, 01:28:21 am »
Share your Wacky Races (Dreamcast) or Hanna Barbera memories for Upcoming SEGA Talk!

Tell us your Wacky Races (Dreamcast) or overall Hanna Barbera memories to be read on the next episode of SEGA Talk.
Support Segabits on Patreon! Get early access, tell us what games to cover, and have your SEGA memories read at the end and more!

Link : https://www.patreon.com/posts/posts-your-wacky-races-72799146

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2022, 06:22:10 pm »
Share your Wacky Races (Dreamcast) or Hanna Barbera memories for Upcoming SEGA Talk!

Link : https://www.patreon.com/posts/posts-your-wacky-races-72799146
What I fond peculiar about Wacky Races is that Dick Dastardly and Muttley started off in Wacky Races before getting their own spin-off cartoon and became more of a reoccurring villain in other series while the other racers never got such opportunities.

But then again, I feel the same way about the Ghoul school from Scooby Doo and the Ghoul School. Ghoul School had much more interesting characters and initial concept before Monster High.

Offline Berto

« Reply #228 on: October 24, 2022, 08:19:37 pm »
What I fond peculiar about Wacky Races is that Dick Dastardly and Muttley started off in Wacky Races before getting their own spin-off cartoon and became more of a reoccurring villain in other series while the other racers never got such opportunities.

But then again, I feel the same way about the Ghoul school from Scooby Doo and the Ghoul School. Ghoul School had much more interesting characters and initial concept before Monster High.

Yes, Dick Dastardly and Muttley were really standing out and very memorable compared to other racers so that the others got forgotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad_duF9l3JU

Made me remember Rabbids that started from Rayman.
Back then there were many different kind of Rabbids in Rayman, some are creepy and some are frightening.
But now after they had their own series, there is only one kind of rabbids,
the dumb one, same rabbids with different clothes.
(not counting Kingdom of course)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NNTjw9TSeU

Offline Berto

« Reply #229 on: October 25, 2022, 02:22:24 am »
SEGA has announced "Drone Racing Genesis" for Arcade

Rule the skies with Drone Racing Genesis! 🏁
The exciting, brand-new entertainment concept brought to you by Sega Amusements International!
Making its worldwide debut at IAAPA Orlando (from 15 - 18 November, at the Orange County Convention Centre, Orlando, USA) on booth 1010, Drone Racing Genesis is THE “must experience” game at the show!

Read More Here >> https://segaarcade.com/news/welcome-to-drone-racing-genesis

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #230 on: October 25, 2022, 12:36:46 pm »
Yes, Dick Dastardly and Muttley were really standing out and very memorable compared to other racers so that the others got forgotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad_duF9l3JU

Made me remember Rabbids that started from Rayman.
Back then there were many different kind of Rabbids in Rayman, some are creepy and some are frightening.
But now after they had their own series, there is only one kind of rabbids,
the dumb one, same rabbids with different clothes.
(not counting Kingdom of course)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NNTjw9TSeU
Kinda wish Dastardly were to win at least one or few races. I mean sure he cheats amd the whole "cheaters never prosper" thing but he could always have like, a redemption episode that ends with "I guess I don't need to cheat to win... but I like cheating anyway! Mwahahaha!"

Offline Berto

« Reply #231 on: October 25, 2022, 09:00:31 pm »
Kinda wish Dastardly were to win at least one or few races. I mean sure he cheats amd the whole "cheaters never prosper" thing but he could always have like, a redemption episode that ends with "I guess I don't need to cheat to win... but I like cheating anyway! Mwahahaha!"

He got something that's more worthy than winning a race.
He got ..... friendship .... years later in Scoob!

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #232 on: October 26, 2022, 08:17:03 am »
He got something that's more worthy than winning a race.
He got ..... friendship .... years later in Scoob!

Yeah pity Scoob didn't do so well in the box office. you can tell Hannah-Barbara were trying to set up their own cinematic universe but didn't pull it off properly.

Offline DrScottnik

« Reply #233 on: October 26, 2022, 09:22:55 am »
Ver.1.6 of "Initial D THE ARCADE" has been Released for Arcade
Release Date : October 06, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez4iRNSp6QI

Source : https://sega.jp/topics/221006_3/

All I want in life is just a home console port or original Initial D game, SEGA please. I miss their racing games!

Offline Berto

« Reply #234 on: October 26, 2022, 09:40:55 pm »
All I want in life is just a home console port or original Initial D game, SEGA please. I miss their racing games!

Yeah, the last one was for 3DS and it was already 8 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6YU99oDowE

Yeah pity Scoob didn't do so well in the box office. you can tell Hannah-Barbara were trying to set up their own cinematic universe but didn't pull it off properly.

That's really breaking my heart and now we got this instead...

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #235 on: October 27, 2022, 03:21:45 pm »
Yeah, the last one was for 3DS and it was already 8 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6YU99oDowE

That's really breaking my heart and now we got this instead...

This can of worms warrant it's own discussion on woke-culture, political correctness and colour-washing. I guarantee they'll make Fred the bitch-ass wussy for being a cisgendered white male which is just inconclusive to woke ideals on diversity.

Offline Berto

« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2022, 09:14:25 pm »
This can of worms warrant it's own discussion on woke-culture, political correctness and colour-washing. I guarantee they'll make Fred the bitch-ass wussy for being a cisgendered white male which is just inconclusive to woke ideals on diversity.

Total makeover if it done wrong could be fatal and killed the franchise.
All because the company wanted the franchise to appeal to everyone (or just to some loud SJWs who don't even watch the series/play the games) and by doing so it removed the identity of the franchise.
Sad indeed.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #237 on: October 28, 2022, 07:50:21 am »
Total makeover if it done wrong could be fatal and killed the franchise.
All because the company wanted the franchise to appeal to everyone (or just to some loud SJWs who don't even watch the series/play the games) and by doing so it removed the identity of the franchise.
Sad indeed.
In a way, I'm all for diversity, I'm for it. But if political correctness is put forth before the entertainment or story value of a product or TV show then I'm against it. It's why I am not a whovian anymore because Doctor Who went all woke when Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chubnall took over, though the wokeness was as early as David Tennant's years just not as in-your-face and still good stories.

But the thing is, I am white. I ID to the gender I was born with which makes me cisgendered and while I would regard my sexuality "flexible" I still prefer women over men. Because of that, it's easy for SJW to pull the "You don't like it because your white cisgendered racist homophobe" card. Or whenever someone says "Check your privileges", regardless if they're white or coloured, I can't help but feel the word "privilege" is becoming the white mans N-word.

So yeah, for political correctness trying to incorporate diversity (obviously for money than whenever or not they care), I can't help but feel that for "diversity" trying to be inclusive of a whole pallet of human colour and culture, I feel cisgendered white males don't have much of a place in that diversity unless they're gay or other.

At least, that's the whole impression I've been getting from the BBC from the last few years on media. I'm not a humanitarian or civil rights expert or know of all the politics around political correctness and woke movement.

Keep in mind I'm not at all denouncing that people of colour have more difficulty thriving in certain businesses dominated by white people, or that I of course have white privileges from white society. I'm not at all denouncing racist is still a thing in the world. If anything racism will probably be around for as long as humans come in a variety of culture.
It's just calling someone out for being white and making them feel bad about it, isn't that just as bad as calling our someone for being black and making them feel bad about it as well? Instead of making me feel bad for being white or for being a man, can't we just try to tackle the double-standards of our society first before big things like what's appropriate messages of diversity to teach out current and next generation?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 07:54:18 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #238 on: October 28, 2022, 11:12:21 pm »
In a way, I'm all for diversity, I'm for it. But if political correctness is put forth before the entertainment or story value of a product or TV show then I'm against it. It's why I am not a whovian anymore because Doctor Who went all woke when Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chubnall took over, though the wokeness was as early as David Tennant's years just not as in-your-face and still good stories.

But the thing is, I am white. I ID to the gender I was born with which makes me cisgendered and while I would regard my sexuality "flexible" I still prefer women over men. Because of that, it's easy for SJW to pull the "You don't like it because your white cisgendered racist homophobe" card. Or whenever someone says "Check your privileges", regardless if they're white or coloured, I can't help but feel the word "privilege" is becoming the white mans N-word.

So yeah, for political correctness trying to incorporate diversity (obviously for money than whenever or not they care), I can't help but feel that for "diversity" trying to be inclusive of a whole pallet of human colour and culture, I feel cisgendered white males don't have much of a place in that diversity unless they're gay or other.

At least, that's the whole impression I've been getting from the BBC from the last few years on media. I'm not a humanitarian or civil rights expert or know of all the politics around political correctness and woke movement.

Keep in mind I'm not at all denouncing that people of colour have more difficulty thriving in certain businesses dominated by white people, or that I of course have white privileges from white society. I'm not at all denouncing racist is still a thing in the world. If anything racism will probably be around for as long as humans come in a variety of culture.
It's just calling someone out for being white and making them feel bad about it, isn't that just as bad as calling our someone for being black and making them feel bad about it as well? Instead of making me feel bad for being white or for being a man, can't we just try to tackle the double-standards of our society first before big things like what's appropriate messages of diversity to teach out current and next generation?
Interesting on how it feels the word "privilege" is becoming the white mans N-word.
May be it is for some people since that's how they think they're doing the revnge.
Though I bet they're only loud on twitter or facebook.
They won't have the gut to say that when they met person to person.
As you saym racism will probably be around for as long as humans come in a variety of culture.
They're not gone by being restricted, they're just evolving into different forms.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #239 on: October 29, 2022, 07:55:59 am »
Interesting on how it feels the word "privilege" is becoming the white mans N-word.
At least that's how I feel on the matter. I admits it's a bit of an exaggeration but it feels like "Check your privileges" is a SJW phrase to put down the white man.
And I get it, as a white man I do have some social privileges while certain me of colour are labeled with stereotypes or their people have been through a lot of suffering and human injustice to get here because of white dominance. It's fair to remind someone when they get too big for their britches but if you're using the word "privilege" specifically to make a person feel bad for being white then is it just as bad as calling a black man the N-word to make them feel bad for being black? They were born black and embrace that as part of their identity just as I was born white. I can't just feel bad for being white and ask for a do-over.
May be it is for some people since that's how they think they're doing the revnge.
Though I bet they're only loud on twitter or facebook.
That's the thing, to me political corrective priorities and woke culture seems to be a degree turning the issues on their head than removing them entirely. I've notice this in particular with Doctor Who where to me the impression is if you are a white cisgendered straight male then you'll have a more difficult time in the BBCs "diversity".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RKj7Ef25N0

Maybe somewhere along my ancestry, perhaps I have an ancestor who owned black slaves for all I know. That doesn't mean such racism runs in the family. Just because racism from white people was more severe in the past doesn't mean the decendants have to pay for their ancestors bigotry.Political Correctness should teach us how to be better people to other people and not make certain people the problem because their ancestors were the problem. You know what I mean?
What I'm saying is, instead of "revenge" or shifting bigotry from one group of people to another in regards they're "privileged" enough, how about we just don't hate anyone and treat everyone fairly?
They won't have the gut to say that when they met person to person.
As you saym racism will probably be around for as long as humans come in a variety of culture.
They're not gone by being restricted, they're just evolving into different forms.
Hatred is just a natural, human and to a degree a healthy thing. But Racism is a method of hatred so it will always be around to a degree. Heck, in South Africa there are slums specifically for white people. It is there that these white people are subjected to hate and racism from African. some holding black history against them, others just straight-up racist. These white people in South Africa are not at all privileged... but "political correctness" and "woke culture" doesn't want white people to be pitted, they're "privileged".

It's why I believe that while inclusive diversity should be encourage and I do respect it being in entertainment and media, I still think political correctness should tackle smaller issues first before trying to make us all "woke" with new vocabulary, more sexuality and gender-ID than there are pokémon and how we should all "think" or be canceled and shamed on the internet.

For example, "whitewashing". It doesn't necessarily means the skin itself but back then it was a form of visual censorship and propaganda. These days when it comes to fictional characters of colour to "whitewash" them means to redesign them from their original coloured skin to be Caucasian. This is regarded as bad and racist.
But because caucasian characters are regarded white as a default thing, apparently "blackwashing" or "colourwashing" a Caucasian seems to get a pass at being OK.
I'm not saying colourwashing is a bad thing. Nick Fury from Marvel comics was originally a white guy in the comics. But Samuel L. Jackson is just perfect for the role.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxVVaTXr4FM
I identify Nick Fury more as a badass black guy than his original character because L. Jackson made it his role.Not only that but colourwashing also offers acting opportunities to actors who are likely deserving of the roles, just as Samuel L. Jackson!

But then you have this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHdtsWn7sgE
Developed by Charlie Grandy, it feels more like a parody/message on political correctness than whenever he decided colouring the gang would be more fitting for their characters or not. Because of that long time Scooby fans are somewhat upset over Velma being black, in which the irony of this trailer has Velma complaining about her favourate fictional character going through the same thing and being as butt-hurt about it as well. I can't tell if this is a jab at the fans or a jab against woke culture, but given such repose is bound to happen means people will watch it because of colourwashed Scooby characters.

So you see, if political correctness can't decide if blackwashing should be as bad as whiteashing characters, a "double-standards", should it really be regarded important for media to teach our generations it's ideals?