Author Topic: SEGA Racing Games - You Don't Just Play at Steering, You Live It  (Read 84048 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA Racing Games - You Don't Just Play at Steering, You Live It
« Reply #420 on: November 12, 2023, 09:14:25 pm »
Daytona USA (Anode) is Coming to 404 GAME RE:SET

“New Cast Pickup Gacha” is underway!
The newly introduced cast members will receive a bonus to immediately become effective at the "Development Division Colosseum" to be held at a later date!

▼ PICK UP
🎮★ 3 Daytona USA (Anode)
📣 CV. #日笠陽子

▼ Event period
Until maintenance starts on Friday, January 5, 2024

Source : https://twitter.com/404gamereset/status/1723899987673702901

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #421 on: November 13, 2023, 07:34:01 am »

Puyo Puyo REVENGE!
Both. It's Plants vs. Zombies x Fortnite collab.

Fortnite wants to be the FunkoPop of video games.
Yet to have Sonic in Fortnite. Dunno if I should be relieved about that.

Offline Berto

« Reply #422 on: November 13, 2023, 10:36:13 pm »
Puyo Puyo REVENGE!

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine 2 : Revenge of Has Bean

Fortnite wants to be the FunkoPop of video games.
Yet to have Sonic in Fortnite. Dunno if I should be relieved about that.

No from me, too many Sonic. Thank God it's not happening ..... yet.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #423 on: November 14, 2023, 12:15:58 pm »
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine 2 : Revenge of Has Bean

Puyo Puyo Zelda!
No from me, too many Sonic. Thank God it's not happening ..... yet.

I don't think it's going to happen for two reasons:
  • Sonic Team seem to want to avoid gun violence from Sonic games of late... despite the fact firearms are confirmed canon in Shadow's game and that Shadow would be likely candidate to get involved in Fortnite.
  • I notice all Fortnite models roughly use the same shape, or at least the same rig for it's characters. For example Morty would be too short to be a playable character in Fortnite while Mecha Morty was likely design to fit the character rig as a means for Morty to be a playable character.
The only Sonic characters I can imagine as Fortnite characters would be Dr. Ivo "Jim Carrey" Robotnik or Sonic Man.

If Sega really wanted to get on that Fortnite clout, they're better off with another franchise instead. Such as Goro Majima from Yakuza, Taro Yamada from Rent-A-Hero or any of the Sega Hard Girls.

Offline Berto

« Reply #424 on: November 14, 2023, 07:25:21 pm »
Puyo Puyo Zelda!

I don't think it's going to happen for two reasons:
  • Sonic Team seem to want to avoid gun violence from Sonic games of late... despite the fact firearms are confirmed canon in Shadow's game and that Shadow would be likely candidate to get involved in Fortnite.
  • I notice all Fortnite models roughly use the same shape, or at least the same rig for it's characters. For example Morty would be too short to be a playable character in Fortnite while Mecha Morty was likely design to fit the character rig as a means for Morty to be a playable character.
The only Sonic characters I can imagine as Fortnite characters would be Dr. Ivo "Jim Carrey" Robotnik or Sonic Man.

If Sega really wanted to get on that Fortnite clout, they're better off with another franchise instead. Such as Goro Majima from Yakuza, Taro Yamada from Rent-A-Hero or any of the Sega Hard Girls.

Oh yeah, Fortnite colab with Yakuza is more likely. They already had colab with Rainbow Siege before.

Offline Berto

« Reply #425 on: November 14, 2023, 08:01:02 pm »
LAI Games and Sega extend sales agreement

The deal will see Sega Amusements take on European distribution exclusively for LAI Games with the addition of adding the UK to its territory list.
The two companies have been working on a non-exclusive basis for the past four years across Europe.
LAI Games will be at IAAPA Orlando in Booth 731 this week with a range of new products to add to its titles such as the Asphalt Legends franchise and Virtual Rabbids.
In a joint statement, LAI Games CEO Mark Easte and Sega Amusements CEO Paul Williams, said: “We’re excited at the ...

Article : https://www.intergameonline.com/coin-op/news/lai-games-and-sega-extend-sales-agreement

Offline Berto

« Reply #426 on: November 14, 2023, 09:23:19 pm »
Ready, Deady, Go! to IAAPA 2023 booth 1006 where we're at SEGA ready to welcome you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRUMexRJa1A

An amazing first day at IAAPA 2023 and the first time showing Zombies Ready, Deady, Go! and BOP IT! Battle!
In the video games category, we are proud to present Apex Rebels. The ultimate motion racing experience for entertainment locations. It delivers an adrenaline-pumping racing experience with its intelligent adaptive difficulty system, catering to both casual and core racing enthusiasts. The stunning 65” screen, along with the impressive LED header create a magnificent spectacle for both players and spectators to feel involved in every twist and turn. Furthermore, the unique cabinet design is another showstopper in its own right. The gameplay features five high-octane cars, exciting race skills like slipstream, power drift, and the ground-breaking new Aero-Drift technique.
Next up is Hyper Cross, an unparalleled snowmobile racing experience that you won't want to miss! It features an ...

Source : https://twitter.com/SegaAmusements/status/1724462815501578491
Article : https://segaarcade.com/news/sega-amusements-announces-thrilling-new-games-at-iaapa

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #427 on: November 15, 2023, 05:13:32 am »
Oh yeah, Fortnite colab with Yakuza is more likely. They already had colab with Rainbow Siege before.

Masahiro Sakurai: Hey Nagoshi, you want Kiryu in Smash Bros?
Toshihiro Nagoshi: No.
Masahiro Sakurai: Why not?
Toshihiro Nagoshi: Because Kazuma Kiryu doesn't hit women.

Tom Clancy: Hey, want Kazuma Kiryu in Rainbow Siege Six?
Toshihiro Nagoshi: Sure.
*Kiryu goes around shooting people regardless of gender*

Obviously when Nagoshi says he doesn't hit girls, he meant with his fists, not his bullets.

Offline Berto

« Reply #428 on: November 15, 2023, 09:41:26 pm »
Masahiro Sakurai: Hey Nagoshi, you want Kiryu in Smash Bros?
Toshihiro Nagoshi: No.
Masahiro Sakurai: Why not?
Toshihiro Nagoshi: Because Kazuma Kiryu doesn't hit women.

Tom Clancy: Hey, want Kazuma Kiryu in Rainbow Siege Six?
Toshihiro Nagoshi: Sure.
*Kiryu goes around shooting people regardless of gender*

Obviously when Nagoshi says he doesn't hit girls, he meant with his fists, not his bullets.

To be fair it's not really Kiryu though. It's our avatar using Kiryu outfit and hair style.
No different than this :

Offline Berto

« Reply #429 on: November 15, 2023, 10:53:41 pm »
First Play: Apex Rebels by Sega Amusements/3MindWave (IAAPA 2023)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8dC8XwOmQM

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #430 on: November 16, 2023, 07:26:06 pm »
To be fair it's not really Kiryu though. It's our avatar using Kiryu outfit and hair style.
No different than this :

I figured as much.
Plus I think Tom Clancy only written books and only had so much involvement in the games before his death.

Offline Berto

« Reply #431 on: November 16, 2023, 09:14:10 pm »
I figured as much.
Plus I think Tom Clancy only written books and only had so much involvement in the games before his death.

Probably his involvement is as low as Joe Montana on his first Genesis game.
Joe Montana was the first voice & picture of Sega Genesis in US and that's really launched Sega Genesis in North America, not Sonic the Hedgehog back then.
Though he said he's very involved in the game but it's mostly in marketing and interviews, the developer said that they never got any input from him about the game itself.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #432 on: November 17, 2023, 07:19:50 am »
Probably his involvement is as low as Joe Montana on his first Genesis game.
Joe Montana was the first voice & picture of Sega Genesis in US and that's really launched Sega Genesis in North America, not Sonic the Hedgehog back then.
Though he said he's very involved in the game but it's mostly in marketing and interviews, the developer said that they never got any input from him about the game itself.

Well, it's American football. I imagine it wasn't that different to other generic American football games at the time, but having Joe Montana's face and name on it helped it sell.

Offline Berto

« Reply #433 on: November 17, 2023, 11:09:33 pm »
Well, it's American football. I imagine it wasn't that different to other generic American football games at the time, but having Joe Montana's face and name on it helped it sell.

While I never watched or played Amrican football, I always love seeing Montana's smiling face.
It always reminded me of "Genesis Does" ad where he's showing up smiling at us.
The smile of confidence.

Offline Berto

« Reply #434 on: November 17, 2023, 11:23:54 pm »
404 GAME RE:SET "Outrun" Fan Art by 糸

Source : https://twitter.com/luckystring/status/1705959440317616546