Author Topic: SEGA Mobile Games - Something To Do With Your Hands That Won't Make You Go Blind  (Read 279076 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Sonic Dream Team | Launch Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZcwJ7kAlIo

Join Sonic and friends as they dive deep into the bizarre world of Eggman’s dreams! 
Sonic Dream Team is now available on Apple Arcade!

Grab Sonic Dream Team today: https://apple.co/sonic-dream-team

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Hopefully the low sales of Samba de Amigo: Party Central won't discourage them to make other old IPs' sequels.
Are the sales low? that is concerning if it does disincourage them.... But even with low-sales, the original fans appreciate the game and surely bringing fresh blood to the Samba de Amiga fandom!
Sadly no, that was a rare case.
Damn... though given TF2 community servers I find usually have spam-ads to cover costs, that's probably the case.
Even without the Olympic and mobile games, there were still many exclusives.

It's probably why some of these Sega games are mostly unheard of and others (such as Sakura Wars) had poor sales, because of limited platforms.

Offline Berto

Sonic Forces Mobile Version 4.23.0 will introduce Bonus Missions.
Each week, you'll be able to receive different Runners as a reward.

📋 4.23.0 Bugfixes:
📋
Fixed an issue with Darkspine Sonic powerups spawning behind him

Fixed an issue with Zeena's blizzard bomb spawning behind her

Fixed an issue with speed up/slow down trail items

Fixed an issue where vault bonus box would show a cooldown despite not enough time left on vault to claim it again

Fixed an issue where item slots locked by Booby Trap would unlock when taking electric damage

Fixed issues with some item behaviour being different on networked clients:
  ○ Whisper running through her own Pink Spikes made it cause no damage to other rivals
  ○ ISJ running through his own Trap Shot made it cause no damage to other rivals
  ○ Some projectiles, such as Psychic Surprise, instantly exploded when viewed on a rivals device

📋 4.23.0 Balance Changes:
📋
Changed "guarantee" to "chance of" x2/x3 on Stalking Shade

Slightly reduced damage on Crossed Wires at all levels

Slightly reduced chance of x2/x3 on Crossed Wires

Updated upgrade text on Crossed Wires to correctly reflect final upgrade (increase to chance of x3, not x2)

📋 4.23.0 Extra: 📋
-Major improvements to anti-cheat detection. Players should start to see far less exploiters in races and on the leaderboards.
-Snow is forecast on track from next week, watch your step!
-A new Holiday Runner has been added! Keep an eye on the Newsfeed for more info!

📋 4.23.0 New Feature! 📋 
Bonus Missions - coming soon!

Bonus Missions will appear under the Event Missions tab, these extra missions will contain different Runners each week as rewards, giving you the opportunity to collect even more Specials!

The first Bonus Mission event cards will be for Treasure Hunter Knuckles and Elite Agent Rouge!

Source : https://twitter.com/SonicWindBlue/status/1731987613639188859

Offline Berto

Are the sales low? that is concerning if it does disincourage them.... But even with low-sales, the original fans appreciate the game and surely bringing fresh blood to the Samba de Amiga fandom!

The game's good but compared to Rhythm Thief it's still kinda a step-back.
Rhythm Thief has more variety gameplays compared to the new Samba de Amigo.

It's probably why some of these Sega games are mostly unheard of and others (such as Sakura Wars) had poor sales, because of limited platforms.

That's not true.
Many SEGA games started off from limited platform.
They are being brought to other platforms because of its success in that limited platform.
Yakuza series, Persona series, Sonic Colours, and Demon Slayer are the perfect example.

Offline Berto

Offline Mystic Monkey

The game's good but compared to Rhythm Thief it's still kinda a step-back.
Rhythm Thief has more variety gameplays compared to the new Samba de Amigo.

I shouldn't hold my breath. It seems the Sega Renaissance is over, but at least we got some classics remade out of it.
That's not true.
Many SEGA games started off from limited platform.
They are being brought to other platforms because of its success in that limited platform.
Yakuza series, Persona series, Sonic Colours, and Demon Slayer are the perfect example.

Yeah but, these games were eventually released on multiple platforms. I can get Sonic Colours on Steam if I wanted to now when before it was a Wii U exclusive.

If Sakura Wars can't expand it's platform then only a few can reach it.
It’s me, hi, I’m the gift.

Source : https://twitter.com/SEGAHARDlight/status/1730613978186088748
IT'S PIKACHU!

Offline Berto

I shouldn't hold my breath. It seems the Sega Renaissance is over, but at least we got some classics remade out of it.

Have you played all of those remade classics?

Yeah but, these games were eventually released on multiple platforms. I can get Sonic Colours on Steam if I wanted to now when before it was a Wii U exclusive.

Right now of course. But ten years ago Yakuza, Phantasy Star Online 2, and Persona are synonimous with Playstation and stayed liked that for many years.

If Sakura Wars can't expand it's platform then only a few can reach it.

Not all but the modern franchises (Yakuza, Hatsune Miku, Persona, Demon Slayer) usually fare better.
The classic franchises that still can reach it were always Sonic, Sonic, and Sonic.

IT'S PIKACHU!

No, it's Sonic in .... Mariah Carey's costume.

Offline Mystic Monkey

Have you played all of those remade classics?
All the ones available on Steam, yes.
Right now of course. But ten years ago Yakuza, Phantasy Star Online 2, and Persona are synonimous with Playstation and stayed liked that for many years.

And the moment it got a licenced PC release, I finally got to play PSO2, because I couldn't before because it was exclusive... that and I didn't know how to do the work-around most people were doing.
Not all but the modern franchises (Yakuza, Hatsune Miku, Persona, Demon Slayer) usually fare better.
The classic franchises that still can reach it were always Sonic, Sonic, and Sonic.
They fair better because they're multi-platformed
It's like publishing a best selling novel that becomes the next Harry Potter. That's great and all but what about people who can't read or speak english but still want to enjoy the book? being printed in othe languages means a lot more can buy the book and become fans.
No, it's Sonic in .... Mariah Carey's costume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpOEdqSffw0

Offline Berto

All the ones available on Steam, yes.

Steam is really missing out many of them.
But at least all that's done by third parties are already available in Steam.
I haven't finished Wonder Boy: Asha in Moster World though. While I do like the new music, I still prefer the original's graphic.

And the moment it got a licenced PC release, I finally got to play PSO2, because I couldn't before because it was exclusive... that and I didn't know how to do the work-around most people were doing.They fair better because they're multi-platformed

No, it's the other way around.
They're being released multiplatform because they're profitable and forming established fans who always spread how good the games were.
It took 5 years for Persona 5 to go multiplatform and 10+ years for PSO2 and Yakuza.

It's like publishing a best selling novel that becomes the next Harry Potter. That's great and all but what about people who can't read or speak english but still want to enjoy the book? being printed in othe languages means a lot more can buy the book and become fans.

Yes, but how many fans are there who's gonna buy the book if they're translated?
Is it profitable enough? Nobody could guarantee that.
The loud fans in Twitter don't represent the numbers of gamers/readers who're gonna buy the book/games.

Offline Berto

Major Update FM24 Mobile ⚙️

An update containing fixes and improvements to FM24 Mobile has also now been released.
Find the changelist in full ⬇️

Full changelist: https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/580626-football-manager-2024-mobile-major-update-out-now

Offline Mystic Monkey

Steam is really missing out many of them.
But at least all that's done by third parties are already available in Steam.
I haven't finished Wonder Boy: Asha in Moster World though. While I do like the new music, I still prefer the original's graphic.

I got Wonderboy games... it's been on my backlog for awhile though.
No, it's the other way around.
They're being released multiplatform because they're profitable and forming established fans who always spread how good the games were.
It took 5 years for Persona 5 to go multiplatform and 10+ years for PSO2 and Yakuza.
But some of these franchises already have fans, such as Golden Axe, Jet Set Radio or Shinobi. Even if it's a risk what they make won't be good, it's better than nothing. No risk, no reward.
But what's the point. Not like Sega will ever toss their classic IPs a bone.

Just never gonna happen.

Ever.
Yes, but how many fans are there who's gonna buy the book if they're translated?
Is it profitable enough? Nobody could guarantee that.
The loud fans in Twitter don't represent the numbers of gamers/readers who're gonna buy the book/games.
If it's profitable enough in some parts of the world (or some platforms) then it would make more profit if it expands its range.

I mean, I would have never played Hogwarts Legacy or Spider-man and sooner or later FF7 games if they didn't get released for PC.

Offline Berto

Sonic-Speed-Simulator - "Elf Tails, Tuxedo Sonic, and Winter Cream"

🤝TRADING OUT NOW + Tuxedo Sonic Event + Holiday Shop UPD!🎄

◉ Trading out now! Trade your Skins, Pets, Trails and RSRs with other people!
◉ Tuxedo Sonic is here to celebrate Trading, Unlock him by completing his event!
◉ Holiday Shop UPD! Collect Candy Canes to unlock "Elf Tails and Winter Cream"
◉ New Fast Friends in the Holiday Shop "Holiday Toy Robot Tails and Holiday Toy Robot Knuckles"
◉ Star 4 Maid Blaze and Star 5 Gold Style Shadow on Sale!
◉ RSR Store Debut, use RSRs to obtain main characters!

Link : https://www.roblox.com/games/9049840490/TRADING-Sonic-Speed-Simulator

Offline Berto

I got Wonderboy games... it's been on my backlog for awhile though.

It's the franchise that got most revival, there are six of them (four on PC).
All of them were supervised too by the original creator, Ryuichi Nishizawa.
Nishizawa also sometimes answered fans' questions in Discord.
I do hope other franchises got this kind of fate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlPKWZ6qe2I

But some of these franchises already have fans, such as Golden Axe, Jet Set Radio or Shinobi. Even if it's a risk what they make won't be good, it's better than nothing. No risk, no reward.
But what's the point. Not like Sega will ever toss their classic IPs a bone.

Just never gonna happen.

Ever.

If it's profitable enough in some parts of the world (or some platforms) then it would make more profit if it expands its range.

I mean, I would have never played Hogwarts Legacy or Spider-man and sooner or later FF7 games if they didn't get released for PC.

Well.. now that SEGA's Power Surge trailer came out... we'll have to see how these games fare later.

Offline Berto

SEGA CORPORATION's Published Mobile Games November 2023 Summary

Total SEGA CORPORATION mobile app revenue in November 2023 was $15m, including $10m for iOS apps and $4m for Android apps.
Total mobile app downloads for SEGA CORPORATION was 7m, including 1m iOS app downloads and 6m Android app downloads.
SEGA CORPORATION has a total of 539 apps (inactive apps included), including 300 iOS apps, and 239 Android apps.
Their top grossing app last month was Project Colourful Stage! feat. Hatsune Miku and their most downloaded app was Sonic Dash.

Link : https://app.sensortower.com/ios/publisher/sega-corporation/302946768

Offline Berto