Author Topic: Let's Dance, Boys! - The Bentley Jones Thread  (Read 110741 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Let's Dance, Boys! - The Bentley Jones Thread
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2010, 04:25:53 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"
I hope you know who that god of a man is...

Of course! James May is a legend among men.

Here's a picture of him smoking a pipe and holding an ice cream.

In fact... I think we neeed a James May appreciation thread.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #181 on: June 08, 2010, 05:34:45 am »
This thread has been saved from being locked/moved thanks to MadeMan.

Let us all talk about the man that is James May now.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2010, 09:00:01 am »
In the grand scheme of things, Bentley has done next to nothing in terms of music for the Sonic franchise. Just taking a look at the games, and ignoring the idiot fans and quasi-official remix CDs only found online and in obscure stores (i.e. those who obsess over everything BUT the games) and all you've got is Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Rivals and the 2006 Sonic the Hedgehog.

Shadow had three Remix Factory remixes (aka original songs from other people). Rivals had a handful of tunes from them, none of which seem to be too notable as a Google search came up with one to two examples and even a visit to a few of Bentley's discogs cite the Rivals series but gives no specific tracks.

The ONE song that gets any mention in all of his bios/discogs is Dreams of an Absolution. Too bad it is featured in the worst Sonic game ever created and represents the most universally hated Sonic character. Hell, even Bentley's Last FM channel is clogged with remix after remix of the same song. How one note can this guy get: http://www.last.fm/music/Lee+Brotherton+(Remix+Factory)/+charts?rangetype=week&subtype=tracks

Oh wait, he also did that song So Much More for SASASR. Possibly his last piece of work for SEGA. Of course, this song is nearly invisible in the game, only heard if one completes all cups within a difficulty over the credits (easily skipped with the push of a button) or is briefly heard when a cup is won. Whoop-de-shit.

So in summation: Bentley has done a handful of remixes of others music and two original songs. Both original songs are obscure within their respective games either due to the game being shit and hated ('06) or the song being hidden enough to be ignored (SASASR).

Now if we're talking about musicians from the past ten years who truly represent the Sonic franchise and fit with the feel of the games, we've got Richard Jacques, Jun Senoue, Crush 40, Tomoya Ohtani, Kenichi Tokoi, Mariko Nanba and Fumie Kumatani. Those folks have done "So Much More" than Bentley ever has, they just don't prance around and take about a thousand photos of themselves mugging for the cameras. Thats the only thing that has helped Bentley push the lie that he means something to the Sonic franchise. Post enough photos and videos of yourself next to the Sonic logo and play the same two damn songs and most idiots will think you made an impact on the franchise.

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2010, 09:44:39 am »
Why did you took the time to feed the troll, Barry?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #184 on: June 08, 2010, 10:03:05 am »
My troll food expires tomorrow and I didn't want to throw it out.

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #185 on: June 08, 2010, 10:06:54 am »
I could have had that.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2010, 12:37:13 pm »
Bentley did an excellent remix of 'Open Your Heart'. I also liked 'So Much More', even though it's so easy to make fun of it.

Still, the first one was not in any game and the second was almost hidden. And other than these I think his work is pretty much forgettable..
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #187 on: June 08, 2010, 04:40:26 pm »
Trolling again I see?
Please discuss James May.

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #188 on: June 08, 2010, 06:08:43 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Of course, this song is nearly invisible in the game, only heard if one completes all cups within a difficulty over the credits (easily skipped with the push of a button) or is briefly heard when a cup is won.
Of course, this may be due to a small group of internet users who moaned about this song when it was revealed to be in the game... not that I'm pointing any fingers, of course.

Even so, the song perfectly matches the feel of modern Sonic. ^__^ Until someone can present a good argument why it doesn't, I will stand forevermore 100% correct.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 06:32:35 pm by fluffymoochicken »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #189 on: June 08, 2010, 06:14:33 pm »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
Of course, this song is nearly invisible in the game, only heard if one completes all cups within a difficulty over the credits (easily skipped with the push of a button) or is briefly heard when a cup is won.
Of course, this may be due to a small group of internet crybabies who moaned about this song when it was revealed to be in the game... not that I'm pointing any fingers, of course.

Even so, the song perfectly matches the feel of modern Sonic. ^__^ Until someone can present a good argument why it doesn't, I will stand forevermore 100% correct.

Because he can't sing for shit. =D
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #190 on: June 08, 2010, 06:20:26 pm »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
Of course, this may be due to a small group of internet crybabies who moaned about this song when it was revealed to be in the game... not that I'm pointing any fingers, of course.

Because you said that the characters would rave to it, while indeed 'raving' is something none of the characters in the entire franchise's history have ever done. Again, it is all created in a fantasy world of yours. Just because you like both does not mean they work together.

I also pointed out numerous reasons why you are wrong, so it is neat how you skipped over those entirely.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #191 on: June 08, 2010, 06:26:59 pm »
'raving' is something none of the characters in the entire franchise's history have ever done.

[youtube:1wr4f0as]sqnYgmmRtzw[/youtube:1wr4f0as]

Yaaaay, I'm still correct! ^___^

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #192 on: June 08, 2010, 06:41:25 pm »
I expect someone like you to actually know what raving is. He is obviously just hopping awkwardly on a box.

Stop being stupid and at least try to have a normal argument.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #193 on: June 08, 2010, 06:50:17 pm »
Naw, Tails is really trying to rave in that video, as silly as it looks. ^__^ It's not his fault that SoA's animators work for peanuts!

Sonic and Tails love to dance together!

[youtube:2jy9q97s]6S4AhWPn0FM[/youtube:2jy9q97s]

^________^

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #194 on: June 08, 2010, 06:56:28 pm »
[youtube:38cg5vxq]v2z8pRo4VJo[/youtube:38cg5vxq]