Author Topic: E3 2015  (Read 137631 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: E3 2015
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2015, 09:16:31 am »
If they did announce it mind, it should be like this.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2015, 09:23:46 am »
DOOM has me conflicted.

Level Aesthetics. Something, Doom 3 ish, straight out of hell, absolutely breath taking.
Multiple uses for the environment from tactical standpoints and exploration potential.
Power armor with Metroid Esque Double jump useful for the above

Dislikes:
Health drops. Seriously, these things are everywhere in the demo.
Cinematic Kills. If you want to try and rip off Brutal Doom, you should have the courtesy to not put giant "PLS KILL ME I'M READY TO DIE" lighting on every single enemy. It's stupid, ugly and ruins the immersion.
Radial wheel. I hope this feature is specific to controllers, because it will only be annoying as all hell and unnecessary with a KB+M combo.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2015, 09:26:58 am »
Pretty sure weapon wheel will be for Console only.
He was probably also playing the game on babby mode easy for the demo, so the health won't be so prevalent.

I don't like that he has Mister Chief armour. I want the old school look.

Offline Tad

« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2015, 09:30:59 am »
It won't be like that in the final version. This was clearly scripted to the point where your characters was completely dominating with ease.

My only real complaint was the Mortal Kombat X disgusting level of brutality. I'm not against violence in games, but MKX completely crossed the line for me as it was so detailed. This isn't as bad, but still...

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2015, 09:42:53 am »
God of War was way worse
SEG4GES

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2015, 09:56:44 am »
I'm a gorehound so I absolutely loved the amount of gore in the game. They got that right most definitely.

I think the health drops are kind of a mix between classic health kits and regenerating health, the guy playing made it look like it'd be easy to screw up and lose a ton of health (I think he went from like 50 to 15 HP from one rocket to the face). You'll notice that only killing enemies and picking up the dropped bits restored health, it's kind of like Blood in that regard. So you might not be scrambling for health pickups like the old games (not that I ever minded), but you're not gonna be able to just sit around and wait for it to come back.

I totally wouldn't be surprised if the stuff shown off was levels built specifically for E3 or stuff that IS in the game, but modified for the demo. It definitely felt very scripted.

Offline Tad

« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2015, 10:08:37 am »
God of War was way worse

Can't say I've ever played it as it never interested me. Although, aren't you further away in Gow as it's third person? Maybe this just looks worse cause it's first person and very close.

Still, I guess it caters to the B-movie silly gore sort of crowed.

I'm not too familiar with Doom law, but it looked to me as though your character was incredibly strong physically like a super solider. Which kind of took away the horror element that Doom 3 had.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:12:32 am by Tad »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2015, 11:09:47 am »
Can't say I've ever played it as it never interested me. Although, aren't you further away in Gow as it's third person? Maybe this just looks worse cause it's first person and very close.

Still, I guess it caters to the B-movie silly gore sort of crowed.

I'm not too familiar with Doom law, but it looked to me as though your character was incredibly strong physically like a super solider. Which kind of took away the horror element that Doom 3 had.

Doom 3 had the horror element, which was a huge departure from the earlier games, which were all about RIP AND TEAR, YOU ARE HUGE YOU HAVE HUGE GUUUUUTS.

The first two games were basically inspired by heavy metal and just being one bad dude tearing up the legions of hell.
There is no explicit 'He's super strong' moments, but he's a dude that can literally punch demons to death, carry a gatling gun and dodge rockets. But he can't jump.

E1M1 needs to make an appearance in some form in this game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSsfjHCFosw

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2015, 11:50:32 am »
xbox one lack of backwards compatibility was the thing that stopped one of my brothers  to get the One. When I told him it lacked the feature he was really dissapointed. I think this backwards compatibility anouncement is gonna make him really happy. The fact you can download the titles you got on disc is fucking amazing

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2015, 11:57:59 am »
PSNow basically just got destroyed in a matter of seconds.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2015, 12:02:12 pm »
PSNow basically just got destroyed in a matter of seconds.
lmfao. so true

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2015, 12:18:29 pm »
Brutal Doom's creator chimes in:

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2015, 12:31:49 pm »
Oh, when would SFV get more information? I'm guessing during the Sony conference?

I really want to get my Birdie reveal dammit!

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #133 on: June 15, 2015, 12:32:28 pm »

Street Fighter V is PS4 and PC exclusive. So yea, Sony's presser.

I don't see how 'Playstation Now' is being destroyed at all. I honestly thought it was its own niche thing and can co-exist even if they announce bc on PS4. I honestly don't care about the feature much. I just wanted to play my XBLA/PSN titles on PS4/Xbone.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #134 on: June 15, 2015, 01:03:44 pm »
Street Fighter V is PS4 and PC exclusive. So yea, Sony's presser.

I don't see how 'Playstation Now' is being destroyed at all. I honestly thought it was its own niche thing and can co-exist even if they announce bc on PS4. I honestly don't care about the feature much. I just wanted to play my XBLA/PSN titles on PS4/Xbone.
Well its on the ps4 so owners of ps4 only will probably go with ps Now. So yeah not destroyed. But having both im sure a lot of people would go with owning a game without the cons of stream (possibly losing quality or connection entirely). It just seems like a waste of investment imo. But yeah not really important in the big picture probably.

The Xbox conference in my opinion sucked. I hoped to see some variety but they really like the "usual stuff". It seems they think aiming at the mainstream is what they should be doing. Personally I dont know if thats a good thing. Most people will probably love what theyve shown, but its too safe for my taste. The more interesting stuff was sparse and far in between. Also the CG trailers didnt do a lot of the titles justice. Hopefully this wont be part of the other conferences or else i may be skipping them untill sony's.

Sorry microsoft but im not sold on the One after this. But thats just me. Someone who leans more towards nintendo stuff most of the time so its probably expected for someone like me.

Greatest line up my ass.

Only pro is that they had many 2015 exclusive games. Something Sony doesnt do often. Hope Sony breaks that tradition as well this year. I dont care for a shenmue 3 anouncement if im gonna wait till >2018. Would be something if the last guardian actually shows up and releases near the conference
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 01:05:50 pm by CrazyT »