Author Topic: E3 2015  (Read 137613 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: E3 2015
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2015, 01:05:02 pm »
No Scalebound = No Interest.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2015, 01:08:29 pm »
I agree, we don't know what Sony has yet. Let's not get ahead of ourselves yet.

Whats up with these new games? Gears 4, Tomb Raider gameplay demos basically almost put me to sleep. Like it was just like the last game... why not show me whats new in the franchises and what your doing gameplay wise to keep it fresh? I know you guys got new graphics, but what makes the games worth getting excited for?

Also all these indie games using desert wasteland design over and over again are starting to blend together. I get it, you guys want to be like Team Andromeda and Team Ico in terms of art style. Great.

Also: I'm not getting a Xbone for 360 emulated games. If its anything like 360 emulation, its going to tick me off when it doesn't play it 100%. I guess thats why I have a 360.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2015, 01:20:17 pm »
Ashen looked like the laziest piece of shit I've ever seen. It's just "stereotypical indie graphic adventure game....BUT NOW IN 3D!" It looks so bland, more bland than the other bland shit they had. I get they wanna be artsy and have a simple art style, but there's a difference between a simple art style and just being fucking lazy. Draw a goddamn face on your characters, you bums.

I still don't see the point of Bethesda, Ubisoft, and EA being there. They all have their own conferences, just show off your shit there.

The only interesting part of it that got me excited was Sea of Thieves, Rare's new game. And even then, it's only because it's a pirate game, and there aren't many good pirate games out there. Even then, I was completely ready to write it off when the trailer started because it just plain looked like every other game at E3. But then there was a pirate ship and it got my attention. Looking forward to hearing more about that.

Everything else was meh. Except the Minecraft part where they showed off the VR and had the world on a table. I genuinely thought I was hallucinating because I wasn't paying attention. That IS pretty cool, I must say.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2015, 01:24:08 pm »
Hope Sony breaks that tradition as well this year. I dont care for a shenmue 3 anouncement if im gonna wait till >2018. Would be something if the last guardian actually shows up and releases near the conference

Get out.

You will care even if you have to wait until 2028. YOU WILL.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #139 on: June 15, 2015, 01:24:57 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TjUPXAn2Rg

I have been waiting for this one for a while.
I love love love the look of this game, and it looks like it'll be a fun 2D shooter too!
I just don't like the potentially 2edgy4me storyline :/

Offline George

« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2015, 01:25:39 pm »
At least the show wasn't boring and was really well paced. Even if like 60% of the games are 3rd party and 'more of the same' of last gen. It really felt like all they did was try to get their old Xbox 360 crowd to buy Xbone systems instead of getting a new audience.

Everything felt like "This is 360 deja vu'

Cuphead did look awesome but I'll get it on PC. I like that they admit on their site that they are inspired by Treasure, Konami and stuff.

"Cuphead is a 2D Run 'n' Gun extravaganza set in the style of a fighting game universe. Inspired by cartoons of the 1930s along with Treasure, Konami and .."

They removed it tho, it is part of their description on Google.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 01:27:41 pm by George »

Offline Moody

« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2015, 01:28:54 pm »
Oh yeah, Cuphead looked fantastic. Still multiplat too, thank god. I'm all over that, it looks gorgeous.

But that's all I can say about it. It LOOKED gorgeous. I'm interested in how it plays, and right now it looks a lot like Rayman Origins, which I'm totally fine with.

EDIT: Oh, it's a run n' gun? Neat!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2015, 01:31:19 pm »
Oh yeah, Cuphead looked fantastic. Still multiplat too, thank god. I'm all over that, it looks gorgeous.

But that's all I can say about it. It LOOKED gorgeous. I'm interested in how it plays, and right now it looks a lot like Rayman Origins, which I'm totally fine with.

EDIT: Oh, it's a run n' gun? Neat!

lol, where did you get Rayman from?
But yeah, I'm thinking it's closest to maybe Gunstar Heroes?

Offline George

« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2015, 01:31:44 pm »
Yes, Run n Gunning is back. I'm glad that the game is getting the most press right now out if all the indies showed. Cuz the other ones sorta looked like garbage indie artsy style that is really killing my hype about indie games.

"Oh look, a cartoon artsitic look where you walk in a desert with really nice music without much gameplay."

Offline Moody

« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2015, 01:34:33 pm »
lol, where did you get Rayman from?
But yeah, I'm thinking it's closest to maybe Gunstar Heroes?

I dunno where I got Rayman from honestly. I think when I see hand-drawn 2D platformers my mind just immediately goes Rayman, i dunno.

I still need to play Gunstar Heroes...

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2015, 01:44:01 pm »
I dunno where I got Rayman from honestly. I think when I see hand-drawn 2D platformers my mind just immediately goes Rayman, i dunno.

I still need to play Gunstar Heroes...

I think you can get it on Steam, it's very good.

Here we go, and it's 50% off:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/71117/

Offline Moody

« Reply #146 on: June 15, 2015, 01:49:51 pm »
Oooh, nice! I'll see about picking it, $1.49 sounds really good for this.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2015, 01:54:07 pm »
Xbox One conference:

Halo 5: Guardians - exclusive 
Recore - exclusive 
Fallout 4 - Fallout 3 included free due to Xbox one's BC
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2
Forza 6 - exclusive 
Dark Souls 3
Tom Clancy's The Division (Exclusive beta)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (exclusive beta) (1 and 2 free due to BC) 
Gigtantic
indie montage
Focused indie titles: 
Cuphead
Tacoma
Ashen
Beyond Eyes
Ion
Rise of Tomb Raiders (timed exclusive?)
Rare Replay - exclusive 
Sea of Thieves - exclusive 
Fable Legends - exclusive 
Gears of War Ultimate Edition - exclusive 
Gears of War 4 - exclusive 

Other:

Backwards compatibility with 360 games 
Elite customisable xbox one controller
EA Access, Dragon Age and Titanfall coming
Early Access coming to Xbox one
Oculus comes with xbox one controller and will work with Xbox one and Hololens.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2015, 01:56:22 pm »
The microsoft conference really didnt do anything for me. I was genuinly waiting for it. Like I really wanted to get an xbox One while watching the conference but I think it did  the exact opposite for me. It wasnt just the content, it was also the general attitude. I dont like their way of presenting things. Its all so predictable and safe. So unspontaneous and lacking any charisma and likability. For using the word passion so much, there's very little of it.. I find the people representing their brand to be important nowadays because it tells me a lot about the general company mentality. And microsoft's just isnt the one I feel attracted towards. I thought things might have changed but there needs to be a bigger shake up if this is what they decided to gather and felt confident about describing it as xbox's best line up year. No, just no

Get out.

You will care even if you have to wait until 2028. YOU WILL.
Lol damn. I guess shenmue is exception worthy. But seriously though, perfect scenario. Gameplay is shown and release for 2016. *fingers crossed*(aint gonna happen i know XD)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:01:31 pm by CrazyT »

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2015, 02:18:03 pm »
For me:

Recore/ Sea of Thieves - nice clips, nothing to show about the game so can't say.
Rare Replay - Yup. I'd buy that straight away.
Halo 5 - nice to see them trying to do something different with it and I'm sure it will be fun. It's a series I can take or leave, no real connection for me though.

Backwards compatibility was key in this. MS didn't have much to show in terms of gameplay, so like the last two years, they're expecting us to keep playing older games or remasters till they're ready.

EA next! Less then an hour to go now.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 02:20:39 pm by Tad »