Author Topic: E3 2015  (Read 137599 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: E3 2015
« Reply #285 on: June 16, 2015, 02:45:51 pm »
I don't follow the line of thought that just because Nintendo had a terrible conference with not much to show somehow means they're greedy bastards.  They didn't announce too much amiibo related stuff, just hinted that more was coming. 

Absolutely agreed.

What they did to Samus is far worse, written out of her own series.

I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TEARS.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #286 on: June 16, 2015, 02:49:55 pm »
Absolutely agreed.

What they did to Samus is far worse, written out of her own series.

I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TEARS.

Honestly, yes.  If you have beef with them, let it be that their output was severely depressing.  Not that you've somehow seen through some kind of sham. 

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #287 on: June 16, 2015, 02:56:18 pm »
It's worth noting though Square Enix was a trainwreck before last year, it wasn't a quick process but a gradual one that got them to where they were. SEGA was always ahead of them last generation and now the roles are kind of reversed.

(Should also point out the restructuring in America is probably why they're a no show at E3 this year despite having a decent lineup)

Morals and ethics do not make a great business.

If it did SEGA would be the top developer in the world and Electronic Arts would be close to bankruptcy.
im a man of good faith. So even though I think you are right, I also believe that goodwill is important in the long run. I will admit that this is a naive way of seeing things, and I gladly be naive if thats the case :p

I don't follow the line of thought that just because Nintendo had a terrible conference with not much to show somehow means they're greedy bastards.  They didn't announce too much amiibo related stuff, just hinted that more was coming. 
The whole digital event was trying to sell more amiibos. In some cases more than the games themselves. The whole woolly world bit was presentrd by an amiibo designer woman. Amiibo had a huge focus in this digital event. It was to the point where it was clear that theyre not doing it with the intention of making amiibo a fun addition with great gains for everybody including them(money), but its getting to their heads instead and want to make even more money from them. If i was an amiibo collector befor this event, i would have sold them right now, because nintendo gets the wrong message when you support them it seems
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:00:53 pm by CrazyT »

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #288 on: June 16, 2015, 03:28:29 pm »
gah man there are still defenders on the gaf...ninty fanboys man, I was one of em but come on

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #289 on: June 16, 2015, 03:30:18 pm »
IGN: Star Fox Zero Has No Online Multiplayer

Nintendo's E3 just keeps on delivering.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #290 on: June 16, 2015, 03:33:04 pm »
Btw The crazy is in my name for a reason yeah lol. But Iwata has just reacted to the negative feedback, so im not the only crazy one then it seems.

Anyway, what about that kingdom hearts 3 gameplay!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xT8AwG1PuE

What a fucking leap going from ps2 to this. Wow

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #291 on: June 16, 2015, 04:19:10 pm »
So here are my grades on all 3:

Sony: A
Microsoft: C+
Nintendo: D

Well Sony is obvious. Microsoft aimed at Xbox 360 fans, which is fine just not a huge Halo or Gears fans. Not to mention that Rare pirate game is on PC. Don't care about playing 360 games through a emulator. I like to see new games. Same issue I had with Sony's last HD remakes. They can be cool extras but not a main game or feature for me.

Nintendo... Man.....

How you going to show two Animal Crossing games and miss what fans want.? Why you using Mario Party mechanics?

They still haven't shown gameplay of Fire Emblem X Shin Migami. Frustrating. Then they didn't detail Fire Emblem 'Fates'. Is it two games in America?

Star Fox looks slow and I'm also not fond of the two screen system. Doesn't look good besides Platinum Games involvement.

Camelot Software sadly still wasting their talents on Mario Tennis.

I wanted to know more about Fatal Frame and Devils Third...

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #292 on: June 16, 2015, 04:24:50 pm »
Switch your Grade for MS and Sony with each other and that's basically where i stand.

While i did enjoy Sony's Conference, i feel like they banked on Shenmue and FFVII too much, which is funny considering they're both multiplatform.

Uncharted looked great, as well as Horizon, but their 2015 lineup is a joke.

Microsoft stepped up, they have a lot of great games coming out this year and next year. They listened to fans and are bringing Rare back from the dead. The Rare Collection is a steal. Backwards compatibility on XOne is a reality now and will undoubtedly get better with time. Recore looks cool and was a big surprise as well. Everything they showed had a release date, something at least feasible. The two biggest games of of Sony's conference have just started being developed if at all.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #293 on: June 16, 2015, 06:14:20 pm »
I thought Microsoft and Sony had equally good conferences. I would probably side with Xbox a little more, just because I have more attachment to their franchises.

Nintendo had their worst presentation I've ever seen. Probably worse than the infamous 2008 presentation.

And ouch, most of Nintendo's E3 videos have overwhelmingly negative reception. Just take a look at the amount of dislikes these videos have:

EDIT: Gah! They are not meant to be embedded.  :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGu3Xe1uUUg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFpRTw3ExIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXBWAjxioSU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GIveAP_wtg
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 06:23:22 pm by Dr. SEGA Monkey »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #294 on: June 16, 2015, 06:17:22 pm »
Why do people judge a conference on what's out in 2015? It was a better presser overall.

What Microsoft games are out this year? I didn't catch anything big.

Microsoft has had like 90% multiplatform games. Nintendo technically had the most exclusives.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #295 on: June 16, 2015, 06:43:10 pm »
Dr. SEGA Monkey...

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MAKE ME ENDURE METROID FEDERATION AGAIN?!

WHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY?!?

Offline Centrale

« Reply #296 on: June 16, 2015, 07:24:20 pm »
Personally, I was impressed with the variety of aesthetics on display in the games that Sony showed. A lot of the games had artistic, individual styles - as opposed to the prevailing gritty and realistic look that dominates the industry. Of course, they had some of those types of games, too - to me, the brutal violence of Assassin's Creed and the darker-than-dark darkness of Arkham just made me roll my eyes. But overall, it was nice that they showcased a broad spectrum of styles.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #297 on: June 16, 2015, 07:26:48 pm »
Personally, I was impressed with the variety of aesthetics on display in the games that Sony showed. A lot of the games had artistic, individual styles - as opposed to the prevailing gritty and realistic look that dominates the industry. Of course, they had some of those types of games, too - to me, the brutal violence of Assassin's Creed and the darker-than-dark darkness of Arkham just made me roll my eyes. But overall, it was nice that they showcased a broad spectrum of styles.

You leave Bruce out of this!

Sony had a really colourful presentation, its what I love about video games.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #298 on: June 16, 2015, 09:01:15 pm »
Killer instinct and GOW ultimate coming to PC.

This far from what I would call "commitment" considering the decade long cockblocking, but it is a start and fair play to microsoft.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #299 on: June 16, 2015, 09:07:06 pm »
So question. Windows 10 is going to become pretty big it seems for microsoft. I know there are a couple of games that are going to have cross online play between Windows 10 and Xbox one. This is kind of a huge thing for me, but is this going to work with all Xbox one games or just the exclusives?