Author Topic: E3 2015  (Read 137710 times)

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: E3 2015
« Reply #300 on: June 16, 2015, 09:12:39 pm »
I imagine it has to be enabled by the developer but I could be wrong.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #301 on: June 16, 2015, 09:17:16 pm »
Another year, another fake HL3 leak...

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #302 on: June 16, 2015, 09:22:47 pm »
You could tell fake just by looking at the number.

65 Million was....wow way back lol.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #303 on: June 16, 2015, 09:29:41 pm »
I can't believe Shenmue 3 and FF7 remake happen and no Half Life 3

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #304 on: June 16, 2015, 09:35:46 pm »
Join the not party!

NOT Roller tycoon 4 has just been announced(not that I mind)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivAHFCHmIZo

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #305 on: June 16, 2015, 09:39:59 pm »
I predict Nintendo is done for after this E3.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #306 on: June 16, 2015, 10:05:59 pm »
Why do people judge a conference on what's out in 2015? It was a better presser overall.

What Microsoft games are out this year? I didn't catch anything big.

Microsoft has had like 90% multiplatform games. Nintendo technically had the most exclusives.

Well MS has Halo 5, Fable Legends, Forza 6, and Rise of the Tomb Raider all this year.

You have to judge a conference on everything not just whats being shown to be released for 2016 and later. People want games now, as well as later and I feel like MS delivered in that regard.

Seems like Sony has a tendency of showing of CG vids of games that will be released years down the line ie Last Guardian.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #307 on: June 16, 2015, 10:44:59 pm »
Sony had the best show hands down.  Even if their biggest surprises weren't exclusive, games like Last Guardian and Uncharted 4 are still very exciting. 

Microsoft was fine.

Nintendo completely flubbed it.  Star fox looked rough, Metroid Prime federation was insulting, tri-force was okay but clearly thrown together and 3/4s of the direct was spent on stuff we already knew.  It's such a shame because between their inclusion of Ryu in smashbrothers, and the momentum they've built up with Splatoon (two new free weapons came out tonight btw; not that you'd ever hear of it now) they were in great shape going into the show.  It's going to take a lot of work to crawl out of this one.  I would argue that had they saved ryu/roy for today and emphasized continued splatoon support; the perception would have been a lot kinder. 

Very confused as to why they decided to pace things as they did today. 

Offline George

« Reply #308 on: June 17, 2015, 12:01:38 am »
Pirovash88: Fable Legends was announced for PC as well. Not hating on Microsoft. It was a alright confrence, but as a Xbox and Xbox 360 owner that liked the console due to their early support for Japanese developers like Mistwalker, Grounding Inc and etc. I liked their wacky, weird early published Xbox games. I just feel like it was just 'meh', I know its mainstream appeal of Forza and Halo 5 and thats great for those people. I just don't care about those franchises at all.

@Radrappy: One thing that I'm starting to get ticked off with Nintendo is reusing gimmicks. Kirby Epic Yarn = Yoshi's Wooly World. Mario Party = Animal Crossing Wii U party thing. Fire Emblem not being detailed or even shown gameplay rubbed me the wrong way.

and again, Devil's Third is out this year and I feel like I'm the only one that wanted it to shine, along with Fatal Frame.

Totally agree with you on Star Fox Zero. When they did the Treehouse I almost feel asleep... Star Fox is suppose to have you moving forward with constant action, they kept showing super slow rovers... it was so boring.

How Panzer Dragoon Orta from 2002 going to have better graphics than your game? Come on Nintendo, get with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJWw2yykMHw

Offline Tad

« Reply #309 on: June 17, 2015, 02:16:33 am »
I predict Nintendo is done for after this E3.

I was talking to a friend about this yesterday. It really isn't looking good for them is it? This has got to be the shortest they've ever supported their console all the while being completely out of touch with the western market. They're obsessed with using the same core franchises despite the success Splatoon has had. They're stuck in the 80s.

Meanwhile, they're quite happy to push selling tat during their E3 Direct.

Regardless of what they bring next year (including their new console), I really think they've lost consumers confidence and people will be very cautious of them.

Offline George

« Reply #310 on: June 17, 2015, 02:22:08 am »
Don't worry, I can see their mobile games doing amazingly well.

Offline Tad

« Reply #311 on: June 17, 2015, 02:29:28 am »
For me, this E3 has been great. In terms of conferences (best at top):

Sony - they didn't actually so that much for the immediate future, but what they did show gave us, consumers, confidence they'll keep pushing.

Microsoft - They had a good conference too, but Sony was stronger.

Bethesda - A good amount on show.

Ubi - ignoring the CGI nonsense they always have and the terribly awkward host, South Park and GhostR.

SE - Too much talking, but they had some nice games.

EA - again, too much nonsense, but Mirror's Edge and Battefront look good.

Nintendo  - don't show up if you have nothing to show.

Offline Tad

« Reply #312 on: June 17, 2015, 02:31:00 am »
Don't worry, I can see their mobile games doing amazingly well.

Worried isn't the word I'd use ;)

If they're going to dig the hole...

Offline George

« Reply #313 on: June 17, 2015, 03:34:18 am »
Honestly Nintendo has always been more about business than they have been about 'pushing' the technology in the video game industry. They make great games because they know it makes their brand name stronger and have a loyal following. Not sleazy, that's a great way of doing business. The issue isn't their software, its their hardware. I think its going to be hard not to be happy when money pours in monthly from their mobile games. Look what a few months of Amiibo success has done.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #314 on: June 17, 2015, 04:13:35 am »
Sony had the best show hands down.  Even if their biggest surprises weren't exclusive, games like Last Guardian and Uncharted 4 are still very exciting. 

Microsoft was fine.

Nintendo completely flubbed it.  Star fox looked rough, Metroid Prime federation was insulting, tri-force was okay but clearly thrown together and 3/4s of the direct was spent on stuff we already knew.  It's such a shame because between their inclusion of Ryu in smashbrothers, and the momentum they've built up with Splatoon (two new free weapons came out tonight btw; not that you'd ever hear of it now) they were in great shape going into the show.  It's going to take a lot of work to crawl out of this one.  I would argue that had they saved ryu/roy for today and emphasized continued splatoon support; the perception would have been a lot kinder. 

Very confused as to why they decided to pace things as they did today. 
They decided to do what they did. We can "what if", or "they should have" all we want. This is what they thought people would like. And that's the disturbing part of all this.

I think they misinterpreted last year's succesful Digital Event. Like it wasnt just the content lacking this time, but the whole thing in the context of the showing made the thing even worse. The muppet style comedy wouldnt be such a bad idea if the content was actually good, but now it looked like they are crazy people just trolling us. Also last year's Developer stories werent a succes because they were developer stories. It was mostly because the developer stories were exclusive to newly anounced content. Now they decided to splat the developer stories almost at every game including games we knew about a long time ago, and stretch them into boredom territory. I mean how do you have a huge developer story 2 E3's in a row about Yoshi's woolly world, and then it taking almost 10 minutes of the whole thing? We get it nintendo, your gamedesign philosiphy is good. No need to beg for recognition

I think there's really something wrong with the leaders at nintendo as a whole if they couldnt see how this was a bad idea in reviewing the video. As I said, I think Iwata needs to step down and perhaps take a Miyamoto role together with him by managing the talent. They also interpreted amiibo's succes wrong in my opinion. They're not looking at it from "why do people like amiibo's", but it seems more like they thought "how can we make even more money and faster from them". Hence the whole segment with skylanders, the Animal crossing amiibo party stuff, the Woolly world segment with amiibo yoshi images pushed into our faces.

I think I've realized that Nintendo doing badly has been why the Wii U got such great games, because when they do well somewhere (amiibos), they forget every one of the loyalists to go after the buck. And I guess George is right in that regard. Nintendo has always been more about business than they have been about pushing the game industry.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 05:19:38 am by CrazyT »