Author Topic: E3 2015  (Read 137594 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: E3 2015
« Reply #375 on: June 19, 2015, 05:27:45 am »
I think MS did it best and that just my personal opinion. The only reason I agrgue that is because they gave us a peak into 2016 and beyond as well as delivering a strong line up for this year. Forza 6, Halo 5, Gears of War Ultimate, Fable Legends, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Rare Replay are all being released this year.

Not only did they showcase that for this year, but they announced Ashen, Gears 4, Sea of Thieves, Quantum Break, etc.

Like CrazyT said, E3 is supped to be a platform where you showcase what you've got in the pipeline for gamers this year's as well as in the future. If that's the standard to go by, then I think MS delivered on that note.

I will also say that I'll be keeping my Wii U, mainly for Fatal Frame and Xeno.
The bigger croud isnt like us. They dont care about our boring realism and stories about release dates. They want that mothafucking PS4 right now lol.

Its pretty undebatable who really won E3. I mean objectively, Sony's conference is going to result in people wanting their console more than any other. Hell I was gonna place my order the day right after the conference because I was so hyped up about it. Me getting to my senses and looking at the release dates got me to the same conclusions as George, which is that I was going to have 2 platforms with the same games for a long time with already owning a solid rig. I mean Horizon and Uncharted 4 look great, they're just not my type of games if you know my taste a bit. Its really kingdom hearts 3, the last guardian or the final fantasies what im waiting for. If I got a Ps4 now it would be for Ratchet and clank mainly, and maybe slightly for Bloodborne because I REALLY suck at dark souls right now(need to git gud).

In support of Xbox, the One's backwards compatibility is a very big deal. A much bigger deal than the WII U's backwards compatibilty for several reasons. One, it is supported through the regular interface instead of having to go to a seperate outdated OS. Secondly all your physical games become digital which makes it easy to start them all up. You can directly play it with your new Xbox one controller. The 360 catalogue is much much much better than the wii's. And lastly I read that performance is even improved in some cases. Really wow that is some incredible wizardry.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #376 on: June 19, 2015, 01:01:21 pm »
Can't believe all the console 'exclusive' games coming to PC: Ashen, Cuphead, No Man Skies, Gears of War Ultimate, Fable Legends, Shenmue, Final Fantasy 7 remake, Sea of Thieves, Killer Instinct etc.

If only Sony put Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian and other first party games on PC too, i'd never have to touch a console again.

Same, if i didn't already want Uncharted 4, i wouldn't buy a PS4 at all.

The bigger croud isnt like us. They dont care about our boring realism and stories about release dates. They want that mothafucking PS4 right now lol.

Its pretty undebatable who really won E3. I mean objectively, Sony's conference is going to result in people wanting their console more than any other. Hell I was gonna place my order the day right after the conference because I was so hyped up about it. Me getting to my senses and looking at the release dates got me to the same conclusions as George, which is that I was going to have 2 platforms with the same games for a long time with already owning a solid rig. I mean Horizon and Uncharted 4 look great, they're just not my type of games if you know my taste a bit. Its really kingdom hearts 3, the last guardian or the final fantasies what im waiting for. If I got a Ps4 now it would be for Ratchet and clank mainly, and maybe slightly for Bloodborne because I REALLY suck at dark souls right now(need to git gud).

In support of Xbox, the One's backwards compatibility is a very big deal. A much bigger deal than the WII U's backwards compatibilty for several reasons. One, it is supported through the regular interface instead of having to go to a seperate outdated OS. Secondly all your physical games become digital which makes it easy to start them all up. You can directly play it with your new Xbox one controller. The 360 catalogue is much much much better than the wii's. And lastly I read that performance is even improved in some cases. Really wow that is some incredible wizardry.

I don't understand the people whom bought a Playstation knowing that its current line-up isn't very good. The only appealing 1st party game in their current line-up is Bloodborne and even then, you have to be a fan of the Dark Souls series in order to appreciate it. The PS4 is definitely a platform worth owning after 2016, Uncharted 4 alone has me wanting one, but as of right now, the XBOX One is the platform with the best exclusive games that appeal more to my taste.

The PS4 for me, will serve as an exclusive platform, just as the PS3 did for me. Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV will thankfully be released on the XBOX so i'll be purchasing those on that console, regardless of whether or not i have a PS4 at the time of their release.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #377 on: June 19, 2015, 01:10:03 pm »
I don't understand the people whom bought a Playstation knowing that its current line-up isn't very good.

You have to remember that for most people, they don't 'understand' PC gaming and also just want something to play games. They'll be happy as pigs in shit so long as they can play Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and FIFA/MADDEN (depending on which continent they are in).

We can harp on about all the games being on PC and looking better or not being exclusive, but for 99% of the market they got a PS4 because they want to play Fifa 2015 and don't know/care that it's also on PS3.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #378 on: June 19, 2015, 01:39:15 pm »
Fifa on the PS4/PC is incredibly different from the PS3 version tho
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #379 on: June 19, 2015, 01:41:07 pm »
Fifa on the PS4/PC is incredibly different from the PS3 version tho

That alone justifies the purchase for most gamers.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #380 on: June 19, 2015, 01:45:29 pm »
That alone justifies the purchase for most gamers.
And why not, if you're going to spend 300hours on a game might as well do it on the better version
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #381 on: June 19, 2015, 01:47:32 pm »
And why not, if you're going to spend 300hours on a game might as well do it on the better version

That's what I'm saying, people talk about the library not being good enough to justify the purchase, but to many people, all it needs to be is something to play Fifa and CoD on and that's literally all they want out of it.

For me I don't find it worth it, because most games I want would be on PC anyway (SFV, Shenmue III et al), but for many, PC gaming is as mysterious as ancient hebrew.

EDIT: That's not an insult, it's just that many people don't have the same level of interest to look into PC gaming and just want a console. I'm sure I'm the same with my phone or car or other things I'm not interested in to the same extent. I could flash my phone and reinstall better android mods that are 'so much better' than the standard, but it's not something I'm familiar with, nor is it something I'd get much use out of compared to an enthusiast.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #382 on: June 19, 2015, 01:54:09 pm »
You are right.
Because if you really want the best Fifa/COD, they are on the PC anyway.

I enjoy PC and all it's perks, but I understand that for most people it's a hassle. It's not as simple as some make it seem.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #383 on: June 19, 2015, 02:04:22 pm »
Everywhere I looked people were saying "but it's on PC" as though it's a bad thing. I really don't understand it.

Yes, most games are on PC, but getting a PC capable of running these games isn't going to be cheap. A graphics card alone would set you back £3-400. With a console, you're looking at £350 (with games) max.

There's a huge difference.

Since they stopped supporting the last gen consoles, I have been more of a PC gamer, but even I'm looking at these E3 games and wondering what will my PC need to run them smoothly.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:08:29 pm by Tad »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #384 on: June 19, 2015, 02:10:24 pm »
Everywhere I looked people were saying "but it's on PC" as though it's a bad thing. I really don't understand it.

Yes, most games are on PC, but getting a PC capable of running these games isn't going to be cheap. A graphics card alone would set you back £3-400. With a console, you're looking at £350 (with games) max.

There's a huge difference.

Since they stopped supporting the last gen consoles, I have been more of a PC gamer, but even I'm looking at these E3 games and wondering what will my PC need to run them smoothly.

You are grossly overestimating the cost of the 3D card, but in general yes, PC is more expensive than console as an initial investment. It kind of cancels out with free online and cheaper games, but for most people it's just so much easier to just have a console.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #385 on: June 19, 2015, 02:41:09 pm »
Console + one year online + one game is about 500-550 euro.

At that price point you can make a darn good PC that plays everything.
It's cheap.
But it's not simple
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #386 on: June 19, 2015, 02:47:15 pm »
Maybe about £150-200 for a graphics card.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #387 on: June 19, 2015, 03:06:29 pm »
The game that justified the Playstation 4's existence is coming out next month anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnyU1RmVvks

[spoiler]You'll only like it if you like Godzilla.[/spoiler]

Console + one year online + one game is about 500-550 euro.

At that price point you can make a darn good PC that plays everything.
It's cheap.
But it's not simple

Yeah but one year of online on Playstation gives me all these free games : 3

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #388 on: June 19, 2015, 03:16:00 pm »
Ultimate Mayhem looked like it was going for total shit when it was revealed. Just looked like a polished up version of Godzilla Generations, just plain looked boring. Everyone was asking for a new Godzilla fighting game, and so now they're like "oh yeah we're re-releasing the game but now it's actually a Godzilla fighting game!" and everyone lost their shit.

The only downside is the multiplayer is online-only from what I've heard. That's a REAL bummer. I've never played any of the fighting games but it sounds like the local multiplayer really was some of the best out there.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #389 on: June 19, 2015, 03:22:56 pm »
Ultimate Mayhem looked like it was going for total shit when it was revealed. Just looked like a polished up version of Godzilla Generations, just plain looked boring. Everyone was asking for a new Godzilla fighting game, and so now they're like "oh yeah we're re-releasing the game but now it's actually a Godzilla fighting game!" and everyone lost their shit.

The only downside is the multiplayer is online-only from what I've heard. That's a REAL bummer. I've never played any of the fighting games but it sounds like the local multiplayer really was some of the best out there.

As someone who has always wanted the clunky, slow, tedious moveset of the films in a game I will take it very much.

What can I say, blowing up stuff and enjoying the crumbling structures is in my DNA, use to do it all the time as a kid with LEGO : 3