Author Topic: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed disscussion  (Read 253126 times)

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: BEWARE OF SPOILERS!!! Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
« Reply #600 on: December 05, 2012, 12:00:49 pm »
I mean, the podium is there. There are characters standing on the podium. It's kind of self-explanatory. Do you really need text that tells you you won?

Kind of?  It's a presentation issue.  It just looks weird and unfinished.  The camera even jitters a little when it pulls back.  I don't think I would mind a "YOU GOT 3rd!"  Or something to fill up the empty awkward space, no. 

Offline thearcticsea

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #601 on: December 05, 2012, 12:36:23 pm »
Fair enough.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #602 on: December 05, 2012, 04:17:18 pm »
S0L has said that DLC tracks is unlikly...but I really wanted to hope that we would get som olive branch!

I mean...we have Valkyria Chronicles, Phantasy Star and Fantasy Zone that would make awesome tracks! I think those three would make the ultimate line up for me...the track selection is sweet, but I think the DLC potential is definitely there!
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #603 on: December 05, 2012, 04:58:44 pm »
Shame, because when you go to the DLC tracks menu, it's just OutRun. :P Was hoping they'd at least add in a few more.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #604 on: December 05, 2012, 05:27:01 pm »
S0L has said that DLC tracks is unlikly...but I really wanted to hope that we would get som olive branch!

I mean...we have Valkyria Chronicles, Phantasy Star and Fantasy Zone that would make awesome tracks! I think those three would make the ultimate line up for me...the track selection is sweet, but I think the DLC potential is definitely there!

Remember how sonic generations was supposed to have DLC?  I think the expenses of a completely new level are a bit more than sega can handle.  I think a DLC character is far more likely.  Thankfully the track selection in Transformed is already pretty fucking amazing.  Here's hoping for more exotic tracks in Sega Racing 3!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #605 on: December 05, 2012, 07:52:19 pm »
I'll be honest, I would be okay with tracks from the first game being available as DLC. Dino Mountain, Detritus Desert and Final Fortress would all be cool.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #606 on: December 05, 2012, 08:11:10 pm »
I think where it comes down to is how well the game will sell. Here's crossing my fingers that the game will sell at least a million(s) before new year.

For some reason I really think word of mouth is going to help this game a great deal in long terms, simply because of how amazingly good it is. Since i've bought the game with my friend, a lot of other guys have joined us and we've been playing almost every evening like literally since we bought the game. No one has gotten bored of it and some of them have bought the game too now.

Hope this will be the case in general because this game has really made me notice how bad SEGA's name has become through the years. I mean the game isn't selling bad or anything, but much less than it deserves.

Not that SEGA's amazing marketing skills hasn't helped this game

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #607 on: December 05, 2012, 11:14:22 pm »
I think where it comes down to is how well the game will sell. Here's crossing my fingers that the game will sell at least a million(s) before new year.

For some reason I really think word of mouth is going to help this game a great deal in long terms, simply because of how amazingly good it is. Since i've bought the game with my friend, a lot of other guys have joined us and we've been playing almost every evening like literally since we bought the game. No one has gotten bored of it and some of them have bought the game too now.

Hope this will be the case in general because this game has really made me notice how bad SEGA's name has become through the years. I mean the game isn't selling bad or anything, but much less than it deserves.

Not that SEGA's amazing marketing skills hasn't helped this game

Yeah, the elephant in the room is that Sega is facing irrelevancy right now and that the next year may as well make or break their future as a console software developer. 

I think the wiiu version is selling pretty decently right now (30k copies moved in its first week in the UK as opposed to the ps3/360 versions which didn't ship nearly that amount combined).  It has the advantage of being one of the best launch games available for the console which should help sales nicely come this December. 

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #608 on: December 07, 2012, 11:10:45 am »
Do you think Sonic & All-stars racing Transformed is the best racing game of 2012?

Go ahead and vote for it if you do @

http://www.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2012/Best_PS3_Racing_Game

Offline Gagaman

• Total Meseta: 2
    • http://segamemories.tumblr.com/
« Reply #609 on: December 12, 2012, 04:48:47 am »
Does anyone even play this online anymore? I'm on PS3, need to get that Team Sonic trophy out of the way and I will have a Platinum. Anyone else here got the game on PS3 and 4 controllers to do this for each other?

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #610 on: December 26, 2012, 11:29:04 am »
Who agrees? Nobody gave little big planet the slightest attention. or mario karting. Sega hs won the battle so easy over a short time period.

mario kart was always the lead
sega in past tried sonic R  and sonic drift
but their persistence has brought to them an eternal reward.

nowadays kids and adults talk about sonic all stars racing. mario basically is mario. little big planet karting is looking so silly now. and modracing doesnt even try to compete anymore

and we all know why
its because sonic all stars racing is the best thing ever made
freaking good dubstep music. good tracks etc.
and not to forget the variety of racing which is even better then the old diddy kong racing.
lets not talk about crash bandicoot racing loL

and honestly im not even that much of a kart player. the best i had ws mario kart 64.  but this changes every point of view i ever had about those games.
sega made more karting games i remember one on the saturn and pc

blablabla

but for real tho u gotta admit

SEGA WON THIS ONE

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #611 on: December 26, 2012, 01:00:26 pm »
I agree. What i've noticed is that sony has marketed its games (little big planet racing, allstar battle royale) quite agressively and yet allstar racing has been topping the charts higher than both games.

Both games however look totally crap or unappealing imo. I've played a little bit of allstar battle royale and forgetting about the gameplay for a sec, the game just looks so unappealing. The style clash and the character picks are just so random. I know that it's not supposed to be important, but it does affect the attractiveness of the game.

Anyway I do wish sonic allstar racing had got better marketing like allstar battle royale. The commercials for those games i've seen are pretty good.

Offline Monkeroony

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #612 on: January 03, 2013, 01:38:31 pm »
I am absolutely lovin this on my Wii U (NNID: TonIttou), I greatly enjoyed getting the platinum for SASAR and am finding getting 100% in this much more challenging and rewarding.

I probably wouldn't be playing this as much if it didn't have Off TV play, if only it were a bit sharper though.

Oh, I play as Joe Musashi or Alex Kidd.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #613 on: January 06, 2013, 11:35:29 am »
Finally unlocked AGES. Best final unlock ever. Blows away the first game (was it Opa Opa?). Three awesome vehicles in one: two sweet classic IPs and one nod to final SEGA console.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #614 on: January 17, 2013, 12:13:31 pm »
I think by now everyone knows what the PC exclusives are going to be, and holy mother do they look awesome. I think this makes the PC version worth it even if u allready own the console version. If not only for the fact how cheap this game is/was

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxb8NTeqnjI[/youtube]

« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 12:15:55 pm by CrazyTails »