Author Topic: SEGA Mobile Games - Something To Do With Your Hands That Won't Make You Go Blind  (Read 276294 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Football Manager 2024 Mobile Preview Trailer | Out from Nov 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4sR3Qanxxc

Football Manager 2024 Mobile arrives exclusively to Netflix from November 6th - meaning more players than ever before can fast-track their way to footballing glory.

Get up to speed on this season's upgrades with bespoke features designed especially for fast-paced football management.

FM24 Mobile gives you more insight and control over the key areas of your football club - with enhancements that make navigation and decision-making smoother and quicker - so you can get into the action.

Take charge of a real-life club across 26 nations, including a debut for Japan - with new language support in Japanese, Polish, Latin American Spanish and Traditional Chinese.

Your season starts from November 6th.

Discover FM24 Mobile features in detail here - https://www.footballmanager.com/features/football-manager-2024-mobile-new-features-revealed

Offline Berto

Ugh I still yet to unclock Classic Amy. I hope I unlock her in time before the event expires.
I've only played a bit of Sonic Dash and yeah, it is generic on-rail runner for me.

But I imagine Sonic Runners was at leats more challenging, and Speed Battle is actually competitive play.

Speed Battle is too competitive for me, I prefer Sonic Dash since it's easier but it's kinda boring to play same level over and over again.
Mobile games are kinda hard to balance.
If it's too challenging, fans who love grinding and do daily missions will leave.
If it's too easy, fans who usually played console games and love challenge will not be interested.
It's hard to please everyone.

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Speed Battle is too competitive for me, I prefer Sonic Dash since it's easier but it's kinda boring to play same level over and over again.
Mobile games are kinda hard to balance.
If it's too challenging, fans who love grinding and do daily missions will leave.
If it's too easy, fans who usually played console games and love challenge will not be interested.
It's hard to please everyone.
It is. I may not play much mobile games but if Sonic Speed Sim is an example of them, it's hard to find a satisfactory spot between fun and chore.

I know if Gamefam can't have your money (robux) they will try to claim your time, but they should at least make these events more engaging and fun.

For example, I believe it was a good idea to replace the obbies with time trials... but but I think obbies should return with time trial being their default gameplay.
Synth City for example, while more of a sub-world than an obby, the sub-world was exclusive for a race so in a way it was an elaborate obby.
I wouldn't mind if GameFam reintroduce "sub-world" even if they're smaller than the main worlds, and some sub-worlds being exclusive for time trails.

For example, if I were to Mega-Update Pumpkin Hill, instead of making it a singular zone, I would divided it into five parts:
  • Cryptic Castle area- The hub area. Here Amy's boutique can be found as well as three Time Trials. In the distance, the three mountains of Pumpkin Hill can be seen but can only be accessed via the time trials.
  • Ghost Train Mt. trial- I can imagine the grind tracks borrowed from Hill Top Zone where ghost trains will knock players off the rails.
  • Church Mt. trial- Haunted by Boo ghosts that may either help or hinder your progress. Maybe parts of Aquatic Mine is incorporated into the mountain..
  • Pumpkin Mt. trial- Perhaps overgrown with spiky thorny vines and players need to defeat Pumpkin Ghosts in order to clear the vines..
  • Warp Ring to King Boom Boo Boss Battle- Simply a reskin of Dr. Eggman's Emerald Hill boss fight. Can only be accessed under certain conditions with the Time Trials.
Each "mountain" will not be as fleshed out as a full-size world, but can still be designed as elaborate obbies. Making these mountains only accessible by Time Trials will offer replay value to these mountains as wlel as a degree of exclusivity for related events. This way Sonic Speed Sim can still have it's chore-like events but dividing Pumpkin Hill and making these areas exclusively accessible by Time Trials will offer replay value as well as fun and unique time trial challenges, all the while it would take less time/effort/budget to make than it would for making Hill top Zone or Speed Jungle Zone.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 06:49:27 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

Sonic Speed Simulator - Halloween Event Part 2!

🎃 HALLOWEEN EVENT: Vampire Shadow + Halloween Shop UPD + Halloween Sale 🎃

◉ VAMPIRE SHADOW! unlock the newest Shadow skin in a new event
◉ NEW HALLOWEEN SKINS: PUMPKIN OMEGA + WITCH CREAM + MUMMY ESPIO added to the Halloween Shop!
◉ COLLECT CANDY from Pumpkins hidden in every world to unlock Halloween themed items!
◉ HALLOWEEN SALE Halloween Skins return + Vampire Sonic Chao and New Vampire Shadow Chao
◉ RACESHOP UPD: Racesuit Sonic, Tails, Shadow, Omega Return + New flying mount

Link : https://www.roblox.com/games/9049840490/EVENTS-Sonic-Speed-Simulator

Offline Berto

It is. I may not play much mobile games but if Sonic Speed Sim is an example of them, it's hard to find a satisfactory spot between fun and chore.

I know if Gamefam can't have your money (robux) they will try to claim your time, but they should at least make these events more engaging and fun.

For example, I believe it was a good idea to replace the obbies with time trials... but but I think obbies should return with time trial being their default gameplay.
Synth City for example, while more of a sub-world than an obby, the sub-world was exclusive for a race so in a way it was an elaborate obby.
I wouldn't mind if GameFam reintroduce "sub-world" even if they're smaller than the main worlds, and some sub-worlds being exclusive for time trails.

For example, if I were to Mega-Update Pumpkin Hill, instead of making it a singular zone, I would divided it into five parts:
  • Cryptic Castle area- The hub area. Here Amy's boutique can be found as well as three Time Trials. In the distance, the three mountains of Pumpkin Hill can be seen but can only be accessed via the time trials.
  • Ghost Train Mt. trial- I can imagine the grind tracks borrowed from Hill Top Zone where ghost trains will knock players off the rails.
  • Church Mt. trial- Haunted by Boo ghosts that may either help or hinder your progress. Maybe parts of Aquatic Mine is incorporated into the mountain..
  • Pumpkin Mt. trial- Perhaps overgrown with spiky thorny vines and players need to defeat Pumpkin Ghosts in order to clear the vines..
  • Warp Ring to King Boom Boo Boss Battle- Simply a reskin of Dr. Eggman's Emerald Hill boss fight. Can only be accessed under certain conditions with the Time Trials.
Each "mountain" will not be as fleshed out as a full-size world, but can still be designed as elaborate obbies. Making these mountains only accessible by Time Trials will offer replay value to these mountains as wlel as a degree of exclusivity for related events. This way Sonic Speed Sim can still have it's chore-like events but dividing Pumpkin Hill and making these areas exclusively accessible by Time Trials will offer replay value as well as fun and unique time trial challenges, all the while it would take less time/effort/budget to make than it would for making Hill top Zone or Speed Jungle Zone.

Replay value might be important, but it might not be their goal right now. Their goal is making players spending more Robux into the game.

Offline Mystic Monkey

Sonic Speed Simulator - Halloween Event Part 2!

Link : https://www.roblox.com/games/9049840490/EVENTS-Sonic-Speed-Simulator
Stupid of me to think the countdown was for Pumpkin Hill's return.
Replay value might be important, but it might not be their goal right now. Their goal is making players spending more Robux into the game.
That's fair. it's how freemium games make bank. But if they turn away their F2Pers then the dwindling number of players will be unfavourable.

I myself don't play PSO2 any more, but I never felt alienated for being a F2Per nor did I felt the events made me feel like it was a chore over having fun. Yes it was repetitive, that's expected, but I did felt I was involved in the missions. And even if PSO2s community mostly consist of F2Pers the game is still popular, especially in Japan, enough to warrant conventions and merchandising.
(In truth the only reason I quit PSO2 is that I couldn't get my head around "Battle Points" and felt left out of Urgent Quests, continuing the story I was on or restricted for not being able to visit neighbouring lands.)

If more freemium games take a few pages in distributing fun and spending to players from PSO2, they would be well engaging as well as make a good turn of profit from it.

Offline Berto

Stupid of me to think the countdown was for Pumpkin Hill's return.

“We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” — Martin Luther King

That's fair. it's how freemium games make bank. But if they turn away their F2Pers then the dwindling number of players will be unfavourable.

I myself don't play PSO2 any more, but I never felt alienated for being a F2Per nor did I felt the events made me feel like it was a chore over having fun. Yes it was repetitive, that's expected, but I did felt I was involved in the missions. And even if PSO2s community mostly consist of F2Pers the game is still popular, especially in Japan, enough to warrant conventions and merchandising.
(In truth the only reason I quit PSO2 is that I couldn't get my head around "Battle Points" and felt left out of Urgent Quests, continuing the story I was on or restricted for not being able to visit neighbouring lands.)

If more freemium games take a few pages in distributing fun and spending to players from PSO2, they would be well engaging as well as make a good turn of profit from it.

The numbers of people playing is actually increasing, but I believe this is because of another reason (I could be wrong though).
Did you know that Roblox was arriving on Playstation 4 and Playstation 5 on October 10?
I believe that's the reason of the number increase of people who played Sonic Speed Simulator
which could give the wrong kind of message that they would think : "More people playing because our new formula is working" (and not because it's now out on PS4 and PS5).

Offline Berto

404 GAME RE:SET to end service on January 5, 2024

“We have come to conclusion that it will be difficult to provide users satisfactory service going forward, so we have decided to end service,” SEGA said in a statement.
Main story additions, new characters, new figures, and additional events will continue to be added until service ends.
404 GAME RE:SET first launched for iOS via App Store and Android via Google Play on April 25 in Japan and Asia. It follows ...

Article : https://www.gematsu.com/2023/10/404-game-reset-to-end-service-on-january-5-2024

Offline Berto

404 GAME RE:SET "Crazy Taxi" Fan Art by Hakuzendo

Source : https://twitter.com/hakuzendo/status/1718472328332665293
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 08:41:53 pm by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

The numbers of people playing is actually increasing, but I believe this is because of another reason (I could be wrong though).
Did you know that Roblox was arriving on Playstation 4 and Playstation 5 on October 10?
I believe that's the reason of the number increase of people who played Sonic Speed Simulator
which could give the wrong kind of message that they would think : "More people playing because our new formula is working" (and not because it's now out on PS4 and PS5).
Roblox is successful for a number of reasons. It's a platform that allows you to make your own games, Robucks allows users to make freemium content and the fact it is both a mobile, PC and soon to be console game means it is highly accessible to a wide audience of players. And as much as I complain about Sonic Speed Simulator, when I play it I easily forget it's a Roblox game given the "experience" use textures from Sonic games as well as original models and content making it look less blocky and more Sonic-like.

But just because Sonic Speed Sim passes off as a Sonic games doesn't make it a good Sonic game.
404 GAME RE:SET to end service on January 5, 2024

Article : https://www.gematsu.com/2023/10/404-game-reset-to-end-service-on-january-5-2024
Does that mean 404 GAME RE:SET is coming to an end?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2023, 06:12:39 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

404 GAME RE:SET "Outrun" Fan Art by kAIWARE

Source : https://twitter.com/s251129/status/1705768241833074769

Offline Berto

404 GAME RE:SET "Outrun" Fan Art by otyakana

Source : https://twitter.com/otyakana/status/1705840974910701769

Offline Berto

404 GAME RE:SET "Outrun" Fan Art by かわすみまひろ